ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 300
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Media Center>The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2)
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 10-02-2014
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC. Premiere for Season 5 is Oct. 12.
[Reply]
MikeMaslowski 12:19 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
This is the ***With Comic Spoilers*** thread, so yes. I typically do the nice thing and put it in a spoiler tag.

This particular one has been mentioned repeatedly. And considering the show sometimes deviates from the comics, it's not a foregone conclusion it'll go down the same way. I think it will, though.
I appreciate the spoiler tags, still in the first set of the comics. Never read a comic in my life. I really like knowing the backstory and reading the reader letters/responses at the end of the issues. Crazy that this favorite show of mine was around over ten years ago in book form and really liked that Simon Pegg was down with TWD since the beginning(from the letters).
[Reply]
Rausch 06:45 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It was a bullshit ending no matter how you spin it dude. Whoever's death it was lost all meaning. A disaster of a decision.
It was a great decision.

If you think any bit at all deeper than the surface level it doesn't matter who dies.

Someone dies.

The whole episode you hear them all talking about how they can do anything now. Carl says he'll never let someone die like (forgot the character) again. Rick acts like he's king $#it of fuck mountain with all the power and control.

The point is they all get humbled. They all get afraid again. They lost any control they thought they had. They all get returned to what they were before they arrived at Alexandria. Attacking Alexandria doesn't matter.

Negan took away everything each character gained during their time in Alexandria. The actual place still standing doesn't matter - the hope, the future, the safety the place represented are all gone...the idea of Alexandria is dead...
[Reply]
notorious 08:58 PM 04-12-2016
If they were smart they would just GTFO of the area ASAP.

Of course, I bet Negan keeps Coral to make sure they do what they are supposed to. Maybe Coral becomes a badass bad guy while watching Negan take care of busniess.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:07 AM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It was a great decision.

If you think any bit at all deeper than the surface level it doesn't matter who dies.

Someone dies.

The whole episode you hear them all talking about how they can do anything now. Carl says he'll never let someone die like (forgot the character) again. Rick acts like he's king $#it of fuck mountain with all the power and control.

The point is they all get humbled. They all get afraid again. They lost any control they thought they had. They all get returned to what they were before they arrived at Alexandria. Attacking Alexandria doesn't matter.

Negan took away everything each character gained during their time in Alexandria. The actual place still standing doesn't matter - the hope, the future, the safety the place represented are all gone...the idea of Alexandria is dead...
I rewatched the very end of the episode the other day. On 2nd viewing, I started to understand the ending & actually think it was done decently. Yes, I would have preferred to see who died, but like you said - it doesn't really matter which one of them it was. It wasn't about WHO died, it was about what that death means to the mindset of the group.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:57 AM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I rewatched the very end of the episode the other day. On 2nd viewing, I started to understand the ending & actually think it was done decently. Yes, I would have preferred to see who died, but like you said - it doesn't really matter which one of them it was. It wasn't about WHO died, it was about what that death means to the mindset of the group.
The more time passes, the more I also get ok with the ending. Finally watched the Talking Dead episode on the finale, and that made me like it even more. Especially hearing the producer say that since they left us like that, they need to basically blow us away in the premiere this fall. Also, JDM seems like a cool dude.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 09:22 AM 04-13-2016
So you are saying that if it was Rick it is the same as killing of Rosita. No even close. Her death would not have the same affect as their leader getting his head bashed in.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:46 AM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by OmahaChief:
So you are saying that if it was Rick it is the same as killing of Rosita. No even close. Her death would not have the same affect as their leader getting his head bashed in.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Not the jug queen. Did you see her on Talking? Damn now...
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:28 AM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by OmahaChief:
I should have clarified. I'm not suggesting a Rosita death, or Eugene death is the same as a Darryl death, or Glenn death. It's one of the main characters - Darry, Glenn, Maggie, etc. I was saying that the death isn't so much about who, but about what it does to the group.

Like Rausch said, the group was all living a life they felt untouchable, in control of everything. Negan's appearance, and control over Rick's group, and ultimate death of one showed Rick that what he thought they had, they didn't actually have. It knocked them off their pedestal.

Just watch Rick's face during the last scene. He's lost, he has no idea what to do, he knows that he's not in control of anything. Negan even said something along the lines of "It sucks when you finally realize you don't know shit."
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:05 AM 04-13-2016
Compendiums 1, 2 and 3 on sale for $63.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8661358-the-...r-store-pickup
[Reply]
vailpass 11:28 AM 04-13-2016
I should have clarified. I'm not suggesting a Rosita death, or Eugene death is the same as a Darryl death, or Glenn death. It's one of the main characters - Darry, Glenn, Maggie, etc. I was saying that the death isn't so much about who, but about what it does to the group.

Like Rausch said, the group was all living a life they felt untouchable, in control of everything. Negan's appearance, and control over Rick's group, and ultimate death of one showed Rick that what he thought they had, they didn't actually have. It knocked them off their pedestal.

Just watch Rick's face during the last scene. He's lost, he has no idea what to do, he knows that he's not in control of anything. Negan even said something along the lines of "It sucks when you finally realize you don't know shit."
Glen dying wouldn't be on the same level as the Rick, Coral, Darryl. In fact, Glen dying wouldn't be much at all...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:34 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Glen dying wouldn't be on the same level as the Rick, Coral, Darryl. In fact, Glen dying wouldn't be much at all...
He's been pretty much nobody after the dumpster incident...I kind of agree with you here.
[Reply]
Toby Waller 12:37 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
He's been pretty much nobody after the dumpster incident...I kind of agree with you here.
If so, they had to condition you first.
The pseudo killed him to get you use to the idea so you won't care if it happens later
[Reply]
Toby Waller 12:38 PM 04-13-2016
Aside from that, it's bogus because he used 3 words instead of just one on a couple people when playing eeny meeny.
He cheated
[Reply]
vailpass 01:04 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by smellypitts:
Aside from that, it's bogus because he used 3 words instead of just one when playing eeny meeny.
He cheated
Can you maybe please stay out of this thread? I enjoy this one and there are so many others you could ruin.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:06 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Can you maybe please stay out of this thread? I enjoy this one and there are so many others you could ruin.
Can you maybe please refrain from quoting him? I enjoy life with smelly on ignore, and you only encourage him by interacting with him.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 300
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up