ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 188 of 240
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:03 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
And you’ve always been a drug using failed musician, shitty father, and suicidal pussy. The day you finally put a gun in your mouth and end it all will be the best day in your daughter’s life. When you’re at home by yourself and it’s quiet and you’re thinking about all the ways you’ve ****ed up your life, think about doing the right thing and swallowing a bullet so at least your daughter has a chance to succeed without the shame of her deadbeat father weighing her down.
Man that’s a little harsh.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:04 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What are some good HC options?
Someone opposite of what Chiefs would do
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:04 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Man that’s a little harsh.
Understatement.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:06 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dave Toub is pretty terrible too, fun times eh?
He was THE special teams Maestro before we hired him, maybe it was all Devin Hester.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:06 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Let's say you give a coach a choice:

On 4th and 1 - you could kick a 3pt FG which give you and 80% chance to take an 8 pt. lead, and a 20% chance to give them the ball back at the 30 with a 5 pt lead.

OR on 4th and 1 - there's a special magical FG which gives you 4 points and effectively wins the game. What's more - you have a 90% chance of success and if you miss they get the ball back at the 23 with 5 pt. lead.

Every coach would take the magical field goal. And knowing this magical FG was available and gets more likely with every inch they get closer to a 1st down - you probably run it every time on 3rd and 2.

See where I'm going with this?

Yet coaches play for the unmagical FG - because points.
Analytics say you go for it on 4th and 2 or less almost everywhere from your own 35 on. Now few coaches do this because it looks bad when you miss but the data supports doing it. Given the FG won't win you the game it actually puts even more emphasis on the first down which DOES win the game.

Not saying it's right or wrong (obviously easy to say it's wrong given how they lost) but it is what the data shows.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 04:07 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Let's say you give a coach a choice:

On 4th and 1 - you could kick a 3pt FG which give you and 80% chance to take an 8 pt. lead, and a 20% chance to give them the ball back at the 30 with a 5 pt lead.

OR on 4th and 1 - there's a special magical FG which gives you 4 points and effectively wins the game. What's more - you have a 90% chance of success and if you miss they get the ball back at the 23 with 5 pt. lead.

Every coach would take the magical field goal. And knowing this magical FG was available and gets more likely with every inch they get closer to a 1st down - you probably run it every time on 3rd and 2.

See where I'm going with this?

Yet coaches play for the unmagical FG - because points.
kind of... but to me any coach in that exact situation the Chiefs were just in would have run the ball on 3rd and 4th downs making the other team travel 80 yards with no timeouts if the conversions were not successful
[Reply]
Frazod 04:07 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by RickObie:
The Colts loss at home this year was embarrassing. That’s not a good football team.
I wrote that one off to key injuries. We were still fucked by the injury bug today, but were healthy enough. They did everything but win.

How we feel is San Diego fans felt when Phyllis fumbled the snap in what was essentially victory formation. Or how Cleveland fans felt when that idiot took his helmet off on the field and gave Trent one more chance to beat them. We gave the fucking game away, and worse yet, to a bad team.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:08 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
This was one of those shit happens days. We'll be fine.
It was more than just shit happens. Once again, Reid didn't know how to manage the clock and finish a game. It will happen again this year.

We should have kept Dorsey/Pederson and let Reid walk.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:09 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Why is everyone pissed about passing on 3rd and 2? They had been picking up first downs all game passing on third and short. I would rather have the ball in the reigning MVP’s hands then putting it in Damien William’s hands with a banged up O-Line. It didn’t work. Oh well, get over it and play defense.
Oh, the 3rd and 2 call was fine. Running it up the gut predictably on 1st and 2nd down was where we failed. Get the first down, win the game. You have the best offense in the NFL. Use it.
[Reply]
Three7s 04:10 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I wrote that one off to key injuries. We were still ****ed by the injury bug today, but were healthy enough. They did everything but win.

How we feel is San Diego fans felt when Phyllis fumbled the snap in what was essentially victory formation. Or how Cleveland fans felt when that idiot took his helmet off on the field and gave Trent one more chance to beat them. We gave the ****ing game away, and worse yet, to a bad team.
The Chiefs did everything they could to give that game away literally all afternoon. At the end of it, they just said forget it, here you go.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:10 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
And my frustration goes back to the play calling after Hill's catch with 4:11 left. Andy went into a shell with 1) an ineffective run, 2) a short pass to Hill that would have gained <5 even if he had caught it and 3) a low percentage route on 3rd down. Scoring a TD in that situation would have iced the game, but poor play calls lead to a FG.
Most coaches value what they have more than what they could have if that situation. It didn't work out. The inconsistency up and down the coaching staff is what is frustrating.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:10 PM 11-10-2019
Will Andy ever learn from his mistakes? Seems a tad bit late to be doing that.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:12 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Will Andy ever learn from his mistakes? Seems a tad bit late to be doing that.
20 years in...you know the answer.
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:13 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It was more than just shit happens. Once again, Reid didn't know how to manage the clock and finish a game. It will happen again this year.

We should have kept Dorsey/Pederson and let Reid walk.
He trusted his QB to get 2 yards. Didn't happen.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:13 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
20 years in...you know the answer.
I know he seems untouchable but someone needs to lay into him with a laundry list of his dumbass decisions. I know i'm dreaming and Andy would have that guy put in chains but it's worth a shot. Any volunteers?
[Reply]
Page 188 of 240
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238 > Last »
Up