ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 295
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 02:26 PM 04-27-2020
Lol yea because we have to worry about Andy Reid “using this kid right”.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:28 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
That's when you say I can't wait till you aren't here anymore, you dumb bitch.
It's really frustrating like he never use to say shit like that and the minute he had a kid everything he used to think changed and he got holier than thou.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:28 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Considering one of his strengths in running inside, Ubeja misses again.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:28 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think everyone else thinks the Chiefs need a CB way worse than they do, also it's become pretty obvious that with Spags and Sam Madison they like these guys with peak athletic traits that they can work with.
I think people are stuck in the Bob Sutton mentality, where a defense basically has to have 11 more talented guys than the offense to win, and if a guy isn't good enough he gets shat on repeatedly by an offense targeting him as a weakness.

Spags willingness to bring pressure and also to use deception in coverages makes a corners life much easier, just gotta have guys play as a team to be able to operate the system rather than have superstars who can just shut a guy down.

Can't remember where I saw the video, but I was watching something about how the Eagles built their superbowl team, and it was expensive at safety where players have to be better at multiple responsibilities, and cheap at corner.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:34 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Kollman actually ruined a couple of the Chiefs podcasts I follow. I still like the guys, but from an analysis POV I realized they don't know jack shit. With Kollman I feel like we're almost getting to the level that active NFL coaches talk about plays and players. Either that or he's just way way better at sounding smart than my podcast guys.

Any more recommendations of guys like Kollman out there are appreciated.
The QB school is the best
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:38 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I think people are stuck in the Bob Sutton mentality, where a defense basically has to have 11 more talented guys than the offense to win, and if a guy isn't good enough he gets shat on repeatedly by an offense targeting him as a weakness.

Spags willingness to bring pressure and also to use deception in coverages makes a corners life much easier, just gotta have guys play as a team to be able to operate the system rather than have superstars who can just shut a guy down.

Can't remember where I saw the video, but I was watching something about how the Eagles built their superbowl team, and it was expensive at safety where players have to be better at multiple responsibilities, and cheap at corner.
Spags system requires the players to be smart above all else. That would scare the crap out of me if I didn't trust the coaches in bringing in their guys.

Also, Kareem Hunt is on TV right now showing everyone how CEH could fit into this offense.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:42 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He wasn't brought in to bang the line, he was the first pick to add more versatility to the offense. Anyone can...bang!
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:44 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Considering one of his strengths in running inside, Ubeja misses again.
How about we wait and see what happens, ok? Kid is 208 not 228.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:46 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
How about we wait and see what happens, ok? Kid is 208 not 228.
So you have to be a heavy back to win in short yardage situations?

:-)

I mean...i could listen to the general manager who drafted him & my own eyes....or you...someone who's demonstrated they have no idea what they're talking about.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:52 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So you have to be a heavy back to win in short yardage situations?

:-)

I mean...i could listen to the general manager who drafted him & my own eyes....or you...someone who's demonstrated they have no idea what they're talking about.
Yes you do have to be a....heavy back....to win "consistently" at short yardage situations. That is why Jerome Bettis, John Riggins, Larry Csonka are in the HOF with 3.9 average. You don't use a 208pound cat like a fullback.

Thunder & Lightning.....ya know? Csonka & Mercury Morris, Morris banging...nay!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookies, sheesh!!!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:01 PM 04-27-2020
He wasn't brought in to bang the line, he was the first pick to add more versatility to the offense. Anyone can...bang!
No, sorry but this is just not the case.

Sure, any JAG can just run themselves into the line, but that's not the point.

The idea is to consistently get those "dirty" yards. To find a way to get 2, 3, 4 yards when there is no hole, when the blocking has broken down against good/great defensive fronts.

We all like to watch a guy run for 50-80 yards and a TD; it's great fun. But that's not what even great backs do most of the time. Great backs find a way to consistently get yards that 90% of the other backs can't or don't get.

Take Marcus Allen for example. By the time he came to the Chiefs he didn't really have that long speed anymore. But he was the best in the league at converting short yardage situations. IIRC, on 3rd/4th and 2 yards or less he converted at a league-best 98%.

So in situations when the opposing team knew that Marcus was getting the ball, he converted those downs anyway 98 times out of 100. And that's a big part of what made him great. Not however many long runs he had with the Chiefs, because there weren't that many.

If this kid can convert those short yardage situations to score at the goal-line or salt away the clock at the end of a game, as well as put us in 2nd and 5 yards or less situations, he'll be worth that first round pick, no question. His pass-catching ability and inevitable crazy gizmo runs will just be icing on the cake.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:07 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

The idea is to consistently get those "dirty" yards. To find a way to get 2, 3, 4 yards when there is no hole, when the blocking has broken down against good/great defensive fronts.

We all like to watch a guy run for 50-80 yards and a TD; it's great fun. But that's not what even great backs do most of the time. Great backs find a way to consistently get yards that 90% of the other backs can't or don't get.

Take Marcus Allen for example. By the time he came to the Chiefs he didn't really have that long speed anymore. But he was the best in the league at converting short yardage situations. IIRC, on 3rd/4th and 2 yards or less he converted at a league-best 98%.

So in situations when the opposing team knew that Marcus was getting the ball, he converted those downs anyway 98 times out of 100. And that's a big part of what made him great. Not however many long runs he had with the Chiefs, because there weren't that many.

If this kid can convert those short yardage situations to score at the goal-line or salt away the clock at the end of a game, as well as put us in 2nd and 5 yards or less situations, he'll be worth that first round pick, no question. His pass-catching ability and inevitable crazy gizmo runs will just be icing on the cake.

Yeah I was about to say Marcus Allen was the best short yardage back I have ever seen, even to this day.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:08 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Tell ya what. let's See how long the kid goes before some injury if he's used as a bell cow RB a 225 pounder. This kid is all about quicks, agility, make ya miss, so you....bang.....hell no!!!!!!

Watch what happens if he becomes just another RB, he's special so use him that way.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:10 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yeah I was about to say Marcus Allen was the best short yardage back I have ever seen, even to this day.
Allen was 6-2 210 and defenses were smaller in his day.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:19 PM 04-27-2020
i do hope they use the kid right, not a fan of line banging for him. Get him on the edges, out in space.

Kid has some serious quicks, use that talent, Williams can bang for 3.
Banging for three is exactly why they drafted CEH (in addition to numerous other reasons). Veach personally said on far too many occasions last year they should have had a rush of 7-8 yards when everything was blocked up but instead gains of only 2-3. CEH will get Mahomes in 2nd and short with all of his playmakers. That is your money making down right there!

CEH isnt some gadget third down back. He is an every down back that will improve our run game drastically.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04-27-2020, 03:21 PM
This message has been deleted by ForeverIowan. Reason: No reason
Page 65 of 295
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up