ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2157 of 3903
« First < 1157165720572107214721532154215521562157 215821592160216121672207225726573157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jdubya 02:49 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Pete loves to bitch and argue I swear. I don't see the big deal about wearing a mask. It takes 2-seconds to put on and 2-seconds to take off. Sucks not to be able to see hot chicks faces but that is about it
It can also make ugly chicks seem hotter......imagination is cool
[Reply]
Spott 02:51 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Almost no old cars are as safe as cars today. Cars today have crush zones and are created with advanced engineering. They are designed to slinky up. People think that rigid cars of the past are always safer because of it. It's the opposite, in most cases.
I would also bet that a Tesla can travel twice as fast as a Pinto could and accelerates a hell of a lot quicker, which would lead to more accidents.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:54 PM 05-21-2020
Pete loves to bitch and argue I swear. I don't see the big deal about wearing a mask. It takes 2-seconds to put on and 2-seconds to take off. Sucks not to be able to see hot chicks faces but that is about it
I guess we all like to argue a little or we wouldn't be here lol, but If we were arguing about something in his profession I wouldn't be as argumentative knowing his experience often times trumps things I can read on the internet.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:55 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You opinion is irrelevant, you don't like Joe Rogan....
He was good on News Radio, but I preferred Phil Hartman.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:58 PM 05-21-2020
starting to get real....

The Mall of America confirmed Thursday that it has not been able to meet its mortgage payment obligations for the Bloomington retail and entertainment complex that has been closed since mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The confirmation comes after published reports that the mall missed payments on its $1.4 billion mortgage in April and May.

According to reports from the Financial Times and Bloomberg, mall management notified Wells Fargo & Co., the servicer overseeing the mortgage, of the challenges it faced due to the global pandemic.

In a response to questions, Mall of America representatives said Thursday that it has made partial mortgage payments as its revenue has dropped 85% since it was forced to close. The mall plans to reopen June 1.

“That lost revenue has impacted our ability to stay current on our operating expenses,” the Mall of America said in a statement. “Unfortunately, Mall of America has not been able to qualify for any of the federal aid programs that are designed to get people back to work and protect businesses. Facing significantly reduced revenue, and the realization that it will take many months to return to pre-COVID operating levels, we have not met our full mortgage payment obligations. This is not unique to Mall of America and is in fact a struggle facing countless businesses nationwide.”

The Mall of America’s mortgage has been submitted to a special servicer in hopes to agree on modifications on the terms of the loan.

Bloomington Mayor Tim Busse said he and other city officials have been in contact with mall representatives and in discussion on possible ways the city could assist, but he declined to discuss any details.

“We understand the challenges that they are facing. … In reality, the mall is hundreds of small businesses,” Busse said.

The mall has more than 500 stores and draws more than 40 million visitors a year.

Mall owner Triple Five Group, a family-run business based in Edmonton, Canada, has also had to delay the full opening of its American Dream mega mall in New Jersey due to COVID-19.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:59 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I've not heard any expert or manufacturer say it does anything more than protect others from the wearer of thr mask. Even posted the picture of the mask instructions stating such

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
They have warnings on plenty of products that are only there to protect idiots.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:00 PM 05-21-2020
Ohio state Fair called off.

Minnesota up in the air until tomorrow. Announcement of some kind then.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:05 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
starting to get real....

The Mall of America confirmed Thursday that it has not been able to meet its mortgage payment obligations for the Bloomington retail and entertainment complex that has been closed since mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The confirmation comes after published reports that the mall missed payments on its $1.4 billion mortgage in April and May.

According to reports from the Financial Times and Bloomberg, mall management notified Wells Fargo & Co., the servicer overseeing the mortgage, of the challenges it faced due to the global pandemic.

In a response to questions, Mall of America representatives said Thursday that it has made partial mortgage payments as its revenue has dropped 85% since it was forced to close. The mall plans to reopen June 1.

“That lost revenue has impacted our ability to stay current on our operating expenses,” the Mall of America said in a statement. “Unfortunately, Mall of America has not been able to qualify for any of the federal aid programs that are designed to get people back to work and protect businesses. Facing significantly reduced revenue, and the realization that it will take many months to return to pre-COVID operating levels, we have not met our full mortgage payment obligations. This is not unique to Mall of America and is in fact a struggle facing countless businesses nationwide.”

The Mall of America’s mortgage has been submitted to a special servicer in hopes to agree on modifications on the terms of the loan.

Bloomington Mayor Tim Busse said he and other city officials have been in contact with mall representatives and in discussion on possible ways the city could assist, but he declined to discuss any details.

“We understand the challenges that they are facing. … In reality, the mall is hundreds of small businesses,” Busse said.

The mall has more than 500 stores and draws more than 40 million visitors a year.

Mall owner Triple Five Group, a family-run business based in Edmonton, Canada, has also had to delay the full opening of its American Dream mega mall in New Jersey due to COVID-19.
Canadian immigrants are the worst.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:06 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They have warnings on plenty of products that are only there to protect idiots.
Then how come all thecexperys are saying the same thing? Masks protect others from you, not you from others.

[Reply]
DaFace 03:09 PM 05-21-2020
Then how come all thecexperys are saying the same thing? Masks protect others from you, not you from others.

Do you understand that the world is not always black and white?

I'd have to dig to find my source for it (I posted it probably a month ago), but it seems like it was like 30-40% reduction in particles for the wearer and 70-80% reduction of particles getting out.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:10 PM 05-21-2020

You could technically drink a beer through a mask but basic physics tells me that it would be much harder than without one. I don't need an expert to explain some basic principles of life.
[Reply]
srvy 03:20 PM 05-21-2020
So you see a hot chick with a great rack and a fine ass you're checking the face. You are doing it wrong. You are supposed to be drooling at the naughty bits.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:22 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Have you been wearing a mask recently, pete?
Absolutely not, and most around here aren't either. My eye doctor made me wear one when I went for my annual last week. Mayo clinic wanded me down for temperature and slapped a mask on me when I went in a couple weeks ago. Only time I've worn a mask. They feel weird and make my face hot.
[Reply]
srvy 03:34 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Do you understand that the world is not always black and white?

I'd have to dig to find my source for it (I posted it probably a month ago), but it seems like it was like 30-40% reduction in particles for the wearer and 70-80% reduction of particles getting out.
What size particulate? I am guessing but I would think a microscopic COVID 19 spore whatever you call it would go through a dust mask like a dandelion seed floats through a chain-link fence.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:35 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
What size particulate? I am guessing but I would think a microscopic COVID 19 spore whatever you call it would go through a dust mask like a dandelion seed floats through a chain-link fence.
It's not about the size of the COVID particle itself - it's about the droplet of saliva it's floating around in. And those vary in size significantly. The smallest ones will go right through, yes. The largest ones don't. That's why it's not 0% or 100% in either case.
[Reply]
Page 2157 of 3903
« First < 1157165720572107214721532154215521562157 215821592160216121672207225726573157 > Last »
Up