ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2058 of 3903
« First < 1058155819582008204820542055205620572058 205920602061206220682108215825583058 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 06:37 PM 05-14-2020
I don't understand the news out of Olathe. All this talk about contact tracing and the health department won't release the name of the business where they found some positive cases.

But I'm supposed to give up all of my info if I walk into a restaurant?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:37 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Of course....

I am not saying you are right or wrong, Hamas but you seem to have one reason or another for anything that appears to be good news to not be good news.
So true.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:37 PM 05-14-2020
Of course....

I am not saying you are right or wrong, Hamas but you seem to have one reason or another for anything that appears to be good news to not be good news.
That has nothing to do with it not being good news; I'm explaining what their approach is. They're a more distant culture anyways, and they're all wearing masks--don't you think that's important to consider when you look at how comparatively well they've done?

I also think that mentioning their cluster-based approach is important, because it shows that an effort is being made, albeit a different one than other countries.

It's not throwing water on the efforts, but explaining the difference therein, as it's far more complex than "Japan isn't testing and not social distancing," which isn't an accurate summation.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:39 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That has nothing to do with it not being good news; I'm explaining what their approach is. They're a more distant culture anyways, and they're all wearing masks--don't you think that's important to consider when you look at how comparatively well they've done?

I also think that mentioning their cluster-based approach is important, because it shows that an effort is being made, albeit a different one than other countries.

It's not throwing water on the efforts, but explaining the difference therein, as it's far more complex than "Japan isn't testing and not social distancing," which isn't an accurate summation.
Your last statement in that post made all the cool stuff you said not cool. It just came off as you were taking a shot at the whole thing even if you weren't.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:41 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
"My" summary, huh?
Perhaps you should read more than the first paragraph of an article before linking it.

"The goal was ambitious, with authorities seeking a 70-80 percent reduction in social interaction. The data suggests they got close to that figure and also managed to keep people from their usual annual pilgrimage home during the early May “Golden Week” holidays. Japan Rail said its high-speed train network operated at around 5 percent of capacity over the holiday period, compared with the typical 105 percent."

"In general, however, Japan’s culture of concern for others, keeping a distance, avoiding handshakes, and good personal hygiene appears to have played a significant, if difficult to measure, part in the low numbers."

That's a pretty substantial difference.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:41 PM 05-14-2020
The Japanese are apparently bullying health care providers, so that's something.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:43 PM 05-14-2020
Of course....

it is never a bad idea to get all the info.

Getting a blowjob offer sounds good, but who or what is making the offer is good info to have.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:44 PM 05-14-2020
Your last statement in that post made all the cool stuff you said not cool. It just came off as you were taking a shot at the whole thing even if you weren't.
It wasn't correct. It was off-base. What they've done is more expansive than that and their approach has been quite a bit different than just "don't test and have lax social distancing standards."

When dealing with this issue we need to deal with facts, and misrepresentations of those facts leads to people making poor decisions.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:44 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So true.
Quick edit.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:45 PM 05-14-2020
Here's an article describing the cluster-based approach to the epidemic I referenced earlier:

https://thediplomat.com/2020/04/covi...e-japan-model/
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:45 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Quick edit.
Lol...yeah.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:48 PM 05-14-2020
Quick edit.
Since you want to call it out...

I said Hamas is a miserable fuck and even though everybody wants to suck his cock in here, I don’t really give a shit what he has to say or how smart he is. I’m sure he knows his shit, but that also doesn’t mean everything he says in this thread is the gospel.

Then I remembered he’s going through some fucked up shit so I can’t say I know what that’s like.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:50 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Since you want to call it out...

I said Hamas is a miserable fuck and even though everybody wants to suck his cock in here, I don’t really give a shit what he has to say or how smart he is. That doesn’t mean everything he says in this thread is the gospel.

But then I remembered he’s going through some fucked up shit so I can’t say I know what that’s like.
If you're gonna post that you "hate" someone, might as well own it.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:50 PM 05-14-2020
If you're gonna post that you "hate" someone, might as well own it.
I didn’t want to be mean when the guy is fighting cancer. I do have a heart even if I don’t like somebody.

Also, I said “can’t stand”. I didn’t use the word “hate”.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:52 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Here's an article describing the cluster-based approach to the epidemic I referenced earlier:

https://thediplomat.com/2020/04/covi...e-japan-model/
Co-worker and I had a discussion about the asymptomatic people and "shedding". Let me ask you, do you think we know for a fact these people are shedding? I mean is it a given or is it just an assumption?
[Reply]
Page 2058 of 3903
« First < 1058155819582008204820542055205620572058 205920602061206220682108215825583058 > Last »
Up