ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 50
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:49 PM 03-19-2021
I've always been a SuperMan fan however an omni-powerful hero who really only needs someone to watch out for his one weakness seems lazy. Like WonderWoman is great to look at however you never have a sense that she is in any sort of danger. Batman is at least human supported by tech and there's sense of mortality not present with the others. Even AquaMan is pretty much immune to everything, what is his weakness? Redheads?

Unfortunately, it like having a bunch of Captain Marvel characters around that are over powered and ultimately, unrelatable.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:07 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I've always been a SuperMan fan however an omni-powerful hero who really only needs someone to watch out for his one weakness seems lazy. Like WonderWoman is great to look at however you never have a sense that she is in any sort of danger. Batman is at least human supported by tech and there's sense of mortality not present with the others. Even AquaMan is pretty much immune to everything, what is his weakness? Redheads?

Unfortunately, it like having a bunch of Captain Marvel characters around that are over powered and ultimately, unrelatable.
I've always felt the same way but after seeing how Marvel handled Thor, I've changed my opinion.

To date, Thor's been in like 7 movies and there were only three times that I can recall him truly being in deep shit (fighting Hela, Thanos putting the Power Stone to his head, and Thanos nearly shoving Stormbreaker through his chest). Yet his arc in the MCU has been one of my favorites.

It's tough when you don't feel the stakes are very high, but ultimately these comic book characters are typically going to survive anyway, so really they've just got to make it interesting and entertaining.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:08 PM 03-19-2021
I've never been a fan of Superman but I always love watching him kick ass
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:34 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've never been a fan of Superman but I always love watching him kick ass
Waiting for cancel culture to kick in. Superman headbutts wonder wonan so hard she breaks the concrete.

"Superman contributing to violence against women culture!!"
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:44 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Not by any means a DC fan. Im Marvel fanboy through and through.
Snyder's version is HIS version and has nothing to do with "erasing" anything.

Joss Whedon rewrote and re-shot nearly the entire movie.

What you're seeing is everything that Snyder envisioned before he left the project due to his daughter's suicide. Warner's spent $75 million while Snyder didn't earn a dime.

This is ALL about Snyder's original vision.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:04 PM 03-19-2021
Batman is the most useless super hero ever. Unsure how, but this version made him look even worse :-)
[Reply]
RustShack 06:03 PM 03-19-2021
I really enjoyed the Green Arrow. Is there going to be another movie with him in it? I noticed the ending scenes with a few guys from that show so I’m assuming yes?
[Reply]
Valiant 07:32 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
Batman is the most useless super hero ever. Unsure how, but this version made him look even worse :-)
Yep him and wolverine most overrated characters.

This version was so much better. I hope all the viewership forces their hands and restarts the dcu.

I want it to rival mcu.

It wasn't perfect but it is literally 5x the original.

I hate all the griping from people on the length. Especially those I know watched wanda vision. Or binge watch series. Pause the movie, take a break.
[Reply]
Nickhead 07:59 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Yep him and wolverine most overrated characters.

This version was so much better. I hope all the viewership forces their hands and restarts the dcu.

I want it to rival mcu.

It wasn't perfect but it is literally 5x the original.

I hate all the griping from people on the length. Especially those I know watched wanda vision. Or binge watch series. Pause the movie, take a break.
in all honesty, was it better than the theatrical version, hell yeah!
that said, i still thought the storyline was horseshit. special effects are lazy having everything dark in the background. they just dressed the pig up better this go around :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:03 PM 03-19-2021
I’m an hour in and this cut kicks ass. The visuals are outstanding. The story makes more sense. Not going to watch it all tonight. 2 hours then 2 hours tomorrow. I see the word masterpiece being thrown around. Don’t know about that but.....

I have to say so far, it’s a completely different movie. And for the better.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:34 PM 03-19-2021
How the **** can anyone dislike Batman? Basically is a billionaire ninja with an assortment of gadgets that would make MI6 blush.

Not to mention he has the best rogues gallery of any super hero.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:47 PM 03-19-2021
Yeah, this version was much better.

I'd say it was still bloated and they're flirting with too many storylines (Death of Superman, Flashpoint, Injustice, motherboxes, Anti-Life) for one film.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Nickhead 11:12 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
How the **** can anyone dislike Batman? Basically is a billionaire ninja with an assortment of gadgets that would make MI6 blush.

In this iteration, go back and watch how little he contributed to defeating the otherworldly beings. fuck all LOL

He is so weak he needed Superman to lift him from the edge of the hole. :-)

Batman worked great as a hero when his prey were bank robbers and penguins, but not against aliens :-)

**and for the record I feel the same way about several Marvel characters too :-)
[Reply]
Valiant 11:20 PM 03-19-2021
in all honesty, was it better than the theatrical version, hell yeah!
that said, i still thought the storyline was horseshit. special effects are lazy having everything dark in the background. they just dressed the pig up better this go around :-)
I thought the storyline change was infinitely better. The visuals also. The look is just his style. The color saturation and villains look in the theatrical was horrible.

Like I said it wasn't perfect, but if that would have been released in theatres it might have saved the dcu and pulled a billion globally.

I really wonder about the heads of that group and how out of touch they are.

I am reading about how many people are watching it and that is amazing.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:24 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

I hate batman fans and the I am batman mantra that he can defeat everyone. It is bunk. 99% of every villain or hero would clap him.

Same with wolverine but comic writers always have them win.

Everyone faults superman for no weaknesses. Read batman.

Also I highly recommend young justice series. It is on hbo now as well.

Dc makes amazing animated movies.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 50
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Up