ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 155 of 256
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165205255 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:58 AM 02-25-2022
I get that Dark Souls is supposed to be hard but damn….create a mode that is a little more forgiving and you’d have more people buying your game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
It’s not easy per se but with it being open world, you can escape from encounters and fights now.

There’s more places to save, easier ways to refill flasks, etc.

Also depends on where you’re at…I wandered into an area I had no business being in and got absolutely wrecked lol.
Can you escape, regroup and come back right away? Can you go an upgrade gear a bit and make the fight easier?

Because if the answer is just "run away and go do something else" that's not really a good answer, at least not to me. I want to experience the content, not avoid it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I get that Dark Souls is supposed to be hard but damn….create a mode that is a little more forgiving and you’d have more people buying your game.
Elden Ring is already 6 times more popular on Steam than any of their previous titles.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:15 PM 02-25-2022
I can't think of a single sponge boss in the entirety of SoulsBorne. If it's taking you that long to kill a boss you're simply not ready for it. Level up, upgrade your weapon, find a new weapon with higher DPS to work with, etc.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:17 PM 02-25-2022
Also, if you really want to git gud you need to learn minmaxing. Don't waste levels on attributes that are useless to you.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:20 PM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I can't think of a single sponge boss in the entirety of SoulsBorne. If it's taking you that long to kill a boss you're simply not ready for it. Level up, upgrade your weapon, find a new weapon with higher DPS to work with, etc.
Is the point to just kill lower level enemies, not bosses, to level up?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:22 PM 02-25-2022
Yes. Sometimes you need to grind to level up and get materials to upgrade
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 PM 02-25-2022
Also, if you really want to git gud you need to learn minmaxing. Don't waste levels on attributes that are useless to you.
I couldn't beat the first boss in Dark Souls III. So leveling up, getting better gears, etc. wasn't even really an option yet. It was that hard for me.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:24 PM 02-25-2022
I think that's where Bloodborne fucked up. It requires some pretty intense grinding to even get a full set of blood vials, much less actually progress your character. That's too much to start.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:25 PM 02-25-2022
Doesn't sound like this game has an old fart mode, either.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:25 PM 02-25-2022
Well, you may have accidentally triggered a late game boss there. Vordt or Dancer?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:26 PM 02-25-2022
I think that's where Bloodborne fucked up. It requires some pretty intense grinding to even get a full set of blood vials, much less actually progress your character. That's too much to start.
I think there was that and Bloodborne was all close quarters combat. There were parts that you couldn’t get out of if you were fucked health wise.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 02-25-2022
Well, you may have accidentally triggered a late game boss there. Vordt or Dancer?
Are you replaying to me? If so, I mean first boss - the prologue or whatever the first scripted sequence was where you go through a canyon, fight a few skeletons, and end up in a round arena with a big dude.

I had trouble with the skeletons to be honest, at least at first, and after 90 minutes of dying on the boss, I gave up.

And this is coming from someone who beat The Witcher 3 on Death March or whatever it is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:29 PM 02-25-2022
Oooh you mean Gundyr
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:29 PM 02-25-2022
Hell, that can be beaten by spamming R1
[Reply]
Page 155 of 256
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165205255 > Last »
Up