ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 178 of 221
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:56 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I guess plastic worms and spinner baits are really not necessary.
That's hilarious. Probably looks like a crawdad to them.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:15 AM 07-21-2019
My grandpa made a "spoon" out of a hamms church key back in the 50's to prove to somebody he could catch a northern on it. And he did.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:40 AM 07-21-2019
Lulz that’s great, even better than using soap to catch catfish
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:27 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
That's hilarious. Probably looks like a crawdad to them.
It IS funny but on the other hand we as fisherman go to great lengths to find just the right bait every time which makes this seem like the world just isn't right.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:59 AM 08-22-2019
After watching this Video I immediately went on Amazon and got some life vests ordered and am putting my old ones in storage.

[Reply]
Rasputin 11:17 AM 08-22-2019
Work work work work work work work

This has been a shitty year to get to go fishing and more fucking rain.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:46 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

This has been a shitty year to get to go fishing and more ****ing rain.

July and August just suck . It's been too hot. Looking forward to the 2nd half Sept thru Nov.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:22 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

This has been a shitty year to get to go fishing and more fucking rain.
I hear ya brah, life has REALLY gotten in the way of my fishing adventures this summer, it’s been pitiful... come to think of it, no one has really checked into this thread with pics from a great day of fishing in a looong time

The tough luck must be going around... hopefully things get better around September/fall, as Hog Farmer says
[Reply]
R Clark 04:48 PM 08-22-2019
Late September and October usually good for us settling limb lines for flatheads,spring and early summer damn sure wasn’t. Way to much water for to damn long
[Reply]
frozenchief 04:49 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I hear ya brah, life has REALLY gotten in the way of my fishing adventures this summer, it’s been pitiful... come to think of it, no one has really checked into this thread with pics from a great day of fishing in a looong time

The tough luck must be going around... hopefully things get better around September/fall, as Hog Farmer says
September is best fishing weather in my neck of the woods. I already have a trip planned to SW for some good rainbow fishing. We've had a horrible summer, though. Very hot and dry, which has limited the rain. This means that many rivers are quite low, so getting to good spots will be difficult. But after this summer, time on the water will be much enjoyed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:58 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Late September and October usually good for us settling limb lines for flatheads,spring and early summer damn sure wasn’t. Way to much water for to damn long
Same here, all of spring and much of summer was a flooded mess... spent many weekends at home or somewhere else, when I’d planned on being out fishing

Originally Posted by frozenchief:
September is best fishing weather in my neck of the woods. I already have a trip planned to SW for some good rainbow fishing. We've had a horrible summer, though. Very hot and dry, which has limited the rain. This means that many rivers are quite low, so getting to good spots will be difficult. But after this summer, time on the water will be much enjoyed.
Yeah as I recall, Alaska had record setting heatwaves

The permafrost was melting causing all kinds of problems etc
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:43 PM 08-22-2019
So I got back from fishing the Gunn near Pleasure Park, CO a couple weeks ago and finally getting around to posting a couple pics. Only a couple actual fish pics right now, but I'll see about posting more from the trip when I get a chance.

This is a pic of the Smith Fork/Gunnison confluence; my buddy Mac and I are standing on the bank of the Smith Fork, and the Gunn is there off to the left:

A pic of me in my new frameless pontoon on the lower stretch of the Gunn:

Doing some wading on the Lower Gunn:

A nice Smith Fork 15-inch Brown:

A snarly lower Gunn brown, 17-inches:

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:58 PM 08-22-2019
Fantastic shots, you’re truly living the dream... I could set up camp at that deep pool in the first shot, walk the bank around that bend a little ways all day and be perfectly content
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:07 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Fantastic shots, you’re truly living the dream... I could set up camp at that deep pool in the first shot, walk the bank around that bend a little ways all day and be perfectly content
Actually, my buddy Leo took that first pic from the "Bat Cave," which we've camped in before.

About 40 yards to the right of me and Mac the Smith is a small series of waterfalls. I have pics of those falls somewhere from a previous trip. I'll try to find them this weekend.
[Reply]
frozenchief 07:05 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So I got back from fishing the Gunn near Pleasure Park, CO a couple weeks ago and finally getting around to posting a couple pics. Only a couple actual fish pics right now, but I'll see about posting more from the trip when I get a chance.

This is a pic of the Smith Fork/Gunnison confluence; my buddy Mac and I are standing on the bank of the Smith Fork, and the Gunn is there off to the left:

A pic of me in my new frameless pontoon on the lower stretch of the Gunn:

Doing some wading on the Lower Gunn:

A nice Smith Fork 15-inch Brown:

A snarly lower Gunn brown, 17-inches:

Great pics and great fish.
[Reply]
Page 178 of 221
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188 > Last »
Up