ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Hall of Classics>Tickets for sale by ChiefsPlanet members:
Phobia 04:49 AM 10-16-2001
Post your ticket needs in this thread that stays on the top until the tix are sold:

dtebbes tix are sold.

Anyone interested e-mail me!
vromanr@sf.k12.sd.us

2 tickets. They are Sec 317, Row 40, but there isn't a bad seat at Arrowhead, right?

Face value plus postage and handling only; not looking to make money...
[Reply]
Phobia 02:32 PM 10-19-2001
I've been to scores of Orioles, Cardinals, and Royals games 10+ years ago. I can provide details of the stadium, the weather, who I was with, but since I wasn't an intimate fan of either baseball team, I couldn't tell you who they played or who won.

I've been to countless Rockets and Astros games in the past 7 years. I can describe the arena & stadium, tell you about the cheerleaders, what I ate, and describe all the hotties walking around. Don't ask me who the teams played or what the score was.

I attended a closed circuit boxing bout at the Compaq Center about 4 years ago. I know one of the fighters was DelaHoya. I don't remember who the other guy was. I don't remember who won.

I may have been drunk at 10% of these sporting events I attended.

I remember the score, opponent, place of nearly every Chiefs game I've attended.....
[Reply]
Phobia 02:35 PM 10-19-2001
Originally Posted by :
Otherwise, I'll do what I can to get your troll a$$ banned from this site.
Yeah, he's an idiot for making that statement, but it's clear he made it while emotional. He can't make that happen. I could probably make it happen, but it would be temporary. I'd get my *** chewed and probably lose my "job".
[Reply]
Packfan 02:50 PM 10-19-2001
Kphobia,

Me too. I been to countless Brewers, Royals and Cardinal games. I dont remember all the details. I have been to one Yankee game. They played the Blue Jays and won 7-6.

Football and baseball are two totally different sports. Baseball has 162 games and football 16. I would like to BELIEVE that someone going to Lambeau Field, one time, would know a little more than "metal seats, drunk, no shows, and cold."

I can believe just about everything he writes until he talks about scores of empty seats and having a section to himself. He has lost all credibility with that one. ANY packer fan would back me up on this and IF Mark could think of the team they played, I could verify the attendance versus capacity.

The more I read from Mark, the more I understand how thick he is upstairs (see Denise comments abot telling him numerous times that she likes Trent Green. It just sunk in today for Mark. He FINALLY gets it!).

I dont know what is more disturbing: Mark and his Lambeau field fairy tale or you buying into it.

If I told you I was at Arrowhead for a game, couldnt produce anything other than red seats, drunk, empty sections, and $20 per ticket, there is no way in hell you would believe me. Especially if Arrowhead sold out every game for 41 years.

Finally, who cares if I think Mark is a liar or not? I have other choice words that describe him based on the way he posts. As far as Mark DEMANDING an apology, there a better chance that the Chiefs will win the super bowl this year than me apologizing to that guy!
[Reply]
Phobia 02:57 PM 10-19-2001
Packfan,

I don't really care what you think of Mark. I'm not piling on for that purpose. I'm just reporting facts. I agree that it appears odd that he wouldn't remember more details. But, under the circumstances (so long ago, alcohol), it's not out of the question.

I'm done with this discussion.
[Reply]
Packfan 07:51 PM 10-19-2001
The reason I called Mark a "liar" was because he said that he went to the game and there were many, many no shows. He implied that he had a section to himself. So, knowing the Packers and their attendance history, I called him on it. Either he wasnt at the game, or he was and isnt telling the truth about the attendance. He said the game was in November of 1989.

Here are the home games in November, the score, and actual attendance:

Nov 5, Chicago Bears, 14-13 win for the Packers in the controversial "instant replay game" attendance: 55,556

Nov 26, Minnesota Vikings, 20-19 win for the Packers. Attendance wass 55,592.

There are a couple of holes in Mark's Lambeau field tale: Number 1, the Bears game was decided on the last play of the game, a Don Majkowski touchdown pass to Sterling Sharpe. Majkowski was called for an illegal pass over the line of scrimmage. The Packers challenged and it was overturned.

No matter how drunk this idiot was, he would have remembered this.

Problem number 2: The other November home game was in Milwaukee.

See why I call this guy a liar?
[Reply]
Spott 08:10 PM 10-19-2001
I remember that Bears-Packers game. I still think Majkowski went over the line of scrimmage.
[Reply]
Packfan 08:13 PM 10-19-2001
mizzou,

So do I.

Maybe Mark has an opinion on it since he was there.
[Reply]
Spott 08:17 PM 10-19-2001
I remember the game, but I wasn't there. Only time I saw the Pack live was in 96 in KC, although I am going to the Monday nighter in Jacksonville.
[Reply]
Packfan 08:30 PM 10-19-2001
I was at the 96 game in KC. Totally dominated by the Chiefs. But fortunately, the Packers went on to the super bowl.

Lucky you for the game in Jax. It will be a tough one for the Packers to win.
[Reply]
Spott 08:33 PM 10-19-2001
They shouldn't have much of a problem with Jacksonville. Favre will tear up their secondary.
[Reply]
Mark M 07:53 AM 10-22-2001
Pack--
As far as it taking me forever to understand that Denise supports Trent, I read a whole two posts on that subject from her. So to say that it took her forever to get that through my skull shows that you are a liar and an idiot.

The thing is, Kenny, your opinion doesn't mean much around here. People know about you, know what you're about and know that you don't know your a$$ from a hole in the ground. Why do you think so many people have you on ignore? You contribute little, if nothing, to the discussion other than "The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 8 years" or "Carl Peterson is to blame for everything that's wrong" or "(Insert Chiefs QB name here) isn't worth anything."

I knew you wouldn't apologize ... you're not man enough to admit you made a mistake.

MM
~~Doesn't tell lies
[Reply]
Mark M 08:06 AM 10-22-2001
You know, I was just thinking about it, and I just realized how much time I've wasted arguing with you over this, Pack.

And you know what? You're not worth it. While I won't add you to my ignore list, don't expect me to ever respond to you again. Hopefully, others will follow suit. You are obviously someone who loves the negative attention you get here. Why else would you post in the inflamatory and sometimes just plain idiotic way that you do? Maybe if we all ignore you'll either change your posting style or just go away.

Originally Posted by :
I have other choice words that describe him based on the way he posts.
And you wonder why we all call you and idiot? Read your own posts sometimes and you'll see why.

MM
~~Washing his hands of this fool
[Reply]
Packfan 12:14 PM 10-23-2001
Mark,

Thats the response I expected once you realized that you have been busted. You have no come back except the "everybody hates you and I will never talk to you again" routine.

You sound like a little girl.
[Reply]
Packfan 12:16 PM 10-23-2001
Mark,

One other thing: Denise has made it perfectly clear how she feels about Trent Green many, many times. You even apologized to her for your thickness upstairs.

Please, get your stories straight!
[Reply]
Mark M 12:45 PM 10-23-2001
Packfool--
I really didn't want to respond, but since you won't let this die, I'm hoping this will put an end to this. I will post this in two places to make sure your dumb a$$ reads it:

I WAS there. And let me explain something to you:

1. I was piss drunk. Now, you say that's not excuse. However, let me point something out to you: I'm 6' tall and weigh 140 lbs. If I drink 6 beers I can barely remember my freaking name, let alone who in the hell played whom. I had over 6 the day of the game (among other things ... ) I've been going to Chiefs games for 20 years and can't recite every game I've been to. They could've played the Vikings. Hell, they could've played the freaking Badgers and I wouldn't have remembered. I was bent over most of the game trying not to puke. Also, we left midway in the third quarter.

2. We didn't walk up to the box office and get tickets. My best friend from high school's mom lived in Green Bay and gave us the tickets for under face value (she also got us tickets for a Chicago preseason game in 1992 for cheap from her cousin. Of course, you'd probably call me a liar for that as well. )BTW, we paid $40 for two tickets, not a piece.

3. While I may have posted that I had an entire section to myself, it's something called hyperbole, or, in your terms, a way to make a point by exagerating the facts/numbers/information to make said point. But I will guarantee you this: There were at least 5,000-10,000 no shows when the national anthem was being sung--why I don't know, but a lot of people weren't there yet. Maqybe they showed up late. Of course, since it was chilly maybe they were all on each others laps.

The thing is this: I wasn't as into football then as I am now. If I were to go now, I would have a better appreciation of the history of Lambeau and the Packers and wouldn't pound 6+ beers in two hours. But then I was 18, cocky (or at least more so than I am now) and while I loved football, I loved a good buzz even more so I really didn't care.

If you don't want to believe me, fine.

As far as Denise goes, I had her on ignore for a long time so I never had a chance to read her support of Trent. Once I did, I was man enough to apologize for my error. You should try it sometime.

MM
~~Knows who acts like a child ... and her name is Packfan
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up