ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>A new proposal that would drastically change the NFL’s hiring practices
thabear04 08:51 PM 03-03-2021
https://www.nj.com/sports/2021/03/th...practices.html

The Buffalo Bills are reportedly going to propose a change in hiring practices that could benefit future head coaching and front office candidates, while changing the dynamics of the offseason.

According to Sports Illustrated senior NFL reporter Albert Breer, the Bills have submitted a proposal that would force teams to wait to interview people for head coaching and front office positions until after the AFC and NFC championship games. Breer added the proposal would also force teams to wait until after the Super Bowl to hire the candidate of their choice.

One of the complaints that candidates have had regarding top coaching candidates is that the deeper the teams go into the playoffs, the fewer opportunities they have had to interview.

Each of the seven head coaches that were hired in this offseason accepted jobs before the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, candidates whose teams made it to the championship games, such as Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy and Bills’ offensive coordinator Eric Daboll, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles were shut out of jobs.

Breer said that owners could have the chance to vote on the proposal as soon as this offseason.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:15 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Who in the hell gets Presidents’ Day off?
It's a Federal Holiday so schools, government workers, bank employees and most, if not all, major corporations observe the holiday.

Our school district has an "Admin Day" once a month, which generally coincide with 3 day holiday weekends so more often than not, when there's a 3 day weekend, it's a 4 day weekend for our kids.
[Reply]
Sofa King 11:23 AM 03-04-2021
Super Bowl on Saturday would be nice.
[Reply]
oldman 11:40 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Who in the hell gets Presidents’ Day off?
I do, but then I get every day off since I'm retired.

But back to subject. You'll never get the SB pushed back into Jan., especially with a 17 game season on the horizon. Then don't forget the extra wiild card team. Playoff games ae big money for the NFL. Hell, I'm surprised they haven't devised a playoff system where half the league gets in.
[Reply]
scho63 04:10 PM 03-04-2021
They can easily make this work.

Do it!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:48 PM 03-04-2021
In theory sounds great and like common sense BUT teams in need of a coach GET who they want. IF teams really want a particular person that goes deep into the playoffs and make it to the SB they will wait PERIOD. IF some teams were really sold on EB he would be gone by now. Teams for the most part GET who they want at the time.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:56 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Super Bowl on Saturday would be nice.
I know most wouldn't like it and I've never thought about it but having the Super Bowl on a Saturday would be great. By the time I cook and drink all day I'm spent by the end of the game and worthless on Monday.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up