ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Washington Football Team Cheerleaders
gblowfish 06:41 PM 03-03-2021
Going to be replaced with a co-ed "dance squad." FAAAABULOUS!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-dance-squad
ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Football Team has discontinued its cheerleader program after more than 50 years, replacing it with a coed dance squad as part of its rebranding effort.

The team had announced last month that the cheerleader program was paused while it decided what direction the rebranding would take. Petra Pope, hired by the team as a senior adviser focused on creating game-day entertainment, said the goal is to create a "more modern franchise."

"With that comes inclusivity, diversity and in my mind, as an entertainer, athleticism," Pope told ESPN by phone. "My desire is to create a team that is all of that -- inclusive, diverse, coed, athletic -- to set the gold standard in the NFL. We're looking for that super athlete that can dance, perform tricks and stunts and manipulate whatever props that will create a really great show."

The cheerleaders' contracts expire March 31, but there are no events scheduled this month, and they are paid hourly.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:37 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
The Ravens have had male cheerleaders ever since they started in '96. They're like in college, they yeah the cheers and throw the girls up in the air and catch them.

I dont think other teams should be taking cues from a franchise that is playing a RB at the QB position.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:28 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
FIFU
:-)
[Reply]
vonBobo 09:35 PM 03-04-2021
They need to find some men to rush the passer
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up