ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Washington Football Team Cheerleaders
gblowfish 06:41 PM 03-03-2021
Going to be replaced with a co-ed "dance squad." FAAAABULOUS!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-dance-squad
ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Football Team has discontinued its cheerleader program after more than 50 years, replacing it with a coed dance squad as part of its rebranding effort.

The team had announced last month that the cheerleader program was paused while it decided what direction the rebranding would take. Petra Pope, hired by the team as a senior adviser focused on creating game-day entertainment, said the goal is to create a "more modern franchise."

"With that comes inclusivity, diversity and in my mind, as an entertainer, athleticism," Pope told ESPN by phone. "My desire is to create a team that is all of that -- inclusive, diverse, coed, athletic -- to set the gold standard in the NFL. We're looking for that super athlete that can dance, perform tricks and stunts and manipulate whatever props that will create a really great show."

The cheerleaders' contracts expire March 31, but there are no events scheduled this month, and they are paid hourly.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:33 AM 03-04-2021
why does anyone give a shit about this?
[Reply]
oldman 11:48 AM 03-04-2021
Ther whole cheerleader thing started with the Cowboys and it just needs to stop. Seriously, do we really need cheerleaders at Arrowhead? Has anyone besides the people in the 1st few rows actually heard them cheer? Maybe when the camera is on them, but I'd wager the schlub in section 327 can't follow the cheer. It's strictly a marketing tool to get rich old dudes to upgrade their gold seats to a suite.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:00 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Ther whole cheerleader thing started with the Cowboys and it just needs to stop. Seriously, do we really need cheerleaders at Arrowhead? Has anyone besides the people in the 1st few rows actually heard them cheer? Maybe when the camera is on them, but I'd wager the schlub in section 327 can't follow the cheer. It's strictly a marketing tool to get rich old dudes to upgrade their gold seats to a suite.
The cheerleaders represent the team at a lot of glad handing functions. They also go out in the parking lots and schmooze the tailgaters. Also before the game you can find them in the Hall of Honor and get your picture taken with them. They mill around a lot.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:30 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Just say NO

Eh, blow it out yer ass. They do a lot of local charity stuff and interact with the crowd a lot during the games. The dancing is pretty tongue in cheek.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:32 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
WFT WTF???
This is your kind of thing isn't it?
[Reply]
luv 02:40 PM 03-04-2021
There will still be T&A to look at. They're simply getting some guys in there to lift the T&A and the heavy props. People are losing their minds over this?
[Reply]
luv 02:46 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The Chiefs had this in the late 1980's early 1990s. Like a college cheerleading team. We called them "The Broken Arrows." Didn't last long. People like T&A.
Eh. If you want T&A, go to a strip club. I don't care who's standing in front of the stands. I'm there to watch a football game.

That's the difference between high school/college sports and pro. In high school/college, it's popular to go and hang out with friends, so people aren't necessarily into the game itself. Cheerleaders, in this case, help lead the crowd in cheers. At a pro game, people are spending good money for tickets because they are actually going to watch the game. They know when to cheer and don't need prodding.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:08 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Yeah, just replace them with girls at Twin Peaks.
Girls who are hot AND bring you food. Good thinkin.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:53 PM 03-04-2021
The Ravens have had male cheerleaders ever since they started in '96. They're like in college, they yeah the cheers and throw the girls up in the air and catch them.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:56 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
The Ravens have had male cheerleaders ever since they started in '96. They're like in college, they yeah the cheers and throw the girls up in the air and catch them.

And?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:12 PM 03-04-2021
I'm glad that there will now be an option for guy cheerleaders to further their career past college. Not many paying jobs for throwing girls up in the air and catching them.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:26 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Just say NO

Heck if they went this route most fans could try out for the squad.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:31 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
This is a part of my front row experience. When it's the end of the quarter or a TV break the Raiderettes come over to the end zone and shake their titties for me. I just drink my beer and watch respectfully like any gentleman would.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:28 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:

Yeah but the Ravens are ghey so...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:32 PM 03-04-2021
FIFU

Originally Posted by Eureka:
This is a part of my front row experience. When it's the end of the quarter or a TV break the Raiderettes come over to the end zone and shake their titties for me. I just drink my beer with my, left paw FAP respectfully with the right, and hope the network cameras don't catch me again ..

[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up