ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>PS5 availability?
htismaqe 04:00 PM 02-05-2021
Anybody know what the situation is with PS5 backlogs finally easing up?

I finished a big project today and my company decided to reward me with a $500 Amazon gift card.

I want to use it to get a PS5, I just have no idea when they will have them and don't want to redeem my points and have them expire.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:03 PM 02-05-2021
Good luck. I haven’t seen shit for stock and I haven’t heard anything about them being stocked anywhere as of yet.
[Reply]
007 04:26 PM 02-05-2021
https://bgr.com/2021/02/04/ps5-sold-...ny-shortages/#

Not looking likely
[Reply]
Bowser 05:53 PM 02-05-2021
Same thing with the new Xbox's, as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:32 PM 02-05-2021
Well I'm not in any hurry to buy one. My birthday isn't until August.

I just don't want my points to expire.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:38 PM 02-05-2021
Got one at launch. Don't bother unless you want your PS4 games to load faster.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:46 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Got one at launch. Don't bother unless you want your PS4 games to load faster.
Yeah, I'm not really in any hurry to get one. Just wanting to know when the best time is to cash in my free money.
[Reply]
SuperChief 01:31 AM 02-06-2021
You're likely looking at Q3 of this year, maybe more realistically Q4 or Q1 of 2022 before they're massively available. Lots of issues with getting your hands on one - skyrocketed demand, shopping bots and scalpers, AMD chipset shortages, supply chain issues due to Covid-19, etc. It's rough out there. If you want to "play the game" and try to get your hands on one soonish, I recommend following @wario64 on Twitter. He's always the first to notify of distributor restock. But you have to be LIGHTNING fast at it - 2 minutes or less or you're basically ****ed. Hence "the game." It sucks.
[Reply]
srvy 02:23 AM 02-06-2021
My son is wanting to buy one with his allowance, grandmother aunt, and uncle's Xmas and birthday money. PS had a reservation system he waited on a week or so ago. He waited 2 hours and got a time countdown got to 11 minutes then got sorry consoles are sold out for this allotment but still had controllers and accessories available. Target had them a few days before online only they sold out in less than 5 minutes he said. Don't really know why he wants so bad I built him a nice gaming computer and he has touched the PS4 since.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
You're likely looking at Q3 of this year, maybe more realistically Q4 or Q1 of 2022 before they're massively available. Lots of issues with getting your hands on one - skyrocketed demand, shopping bots and scalpers, AMD chipset shortages, supply chain issues due to Covid-19, etc. It's rough out there. If you want to "play the game" and try to get your hands on one soonish, I recommend following @wario64 on Twitter. He's always the first to notify of distributor restock. But you have to be LIGHTNING fast at it - 2 minutes or less or you're basically ****ed. Hence "the game." It sucks.
If that happens, I'll just redeem my points and use them for groceries.

I won't be buying before August I don't think unless a miracle happens. I don't want to just buy one anywhere since I have free money at Amazon.
[Reply]
007 09:16 PM 02-06-2021
I've been holding on to quite a bit of gamestop gift card credit waiting for this. I'm beginning to wonder if gamestop will be in business when the ps5 is finally available to the masses.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:38 PM 02-06-2021
Amazon gift cards don’t expire. Just load them to your account and use whenever.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:38 PM 02-08-2021
Save till later. No point in buying either console right now.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:31 PM 02-09-2021
I have a PS5, bought from Nebraska Furniture Mart's pre-order as everyone else was focusing on Best Buy, Walmart, Gamestop and Amazon. I've played it a good amount with Demons Souls, but haven't had time to soak into too many other games, like Spiderman Miles Morales or Fenyx Rising. Been too busy playing WoW: Shadowlands and raid progressing in Heroic. Really would like to play God of War again with the updated visuals and framerate, as well as the other improved titles from PS4 to PS5.
[Reply]
007 05:34 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Amazon gift cards don’t expire. Just load them to your account and use whenever.

Well I don't have Amazon gift cards now do I ? :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up