ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:24 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Isn't fasting supposed to be good for us because of our ancestors not always able to hunt for a meal so our bodies are technically used to going long periods without food instead of eating multiple times a day.
They were also dead by 30.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:43 PM 01-21-2021
How are you training for prison sex? Since you’re a raiders fan, it’s inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 02:21 AM 01-22-2021
OK Mahatma, on the eleventh day you eat like a mother fucker right?
[Reply]
scorpio 02:33 AM 01-22-2021
Eat food, lift weights.
[Reply]
scorpio 02:37 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The sodium thing did the trick. Didn't get lightheaded at the gym in the least

WOW
There's no way you're doing any kind of serious training in a completely fasted state.

Stop wasting your time and eat a double quarter pounder.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 06:52 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Are you taking any electrolyte supplements?

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:54 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by scorpio:
There's no way you're doing any kind of serious training in a completely fasted state.
Just trying to stay fit bro. I don't want to be a meathead.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:59 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
It's wise and it's backed up with science. That's the only way I picked up stage III cancer in my lymph nodes. I fasted for two days and did heavy leg work outs and got an instant fever. My body started to eat away at the metastic tumor while it was in fasting mode and it saved my life. Had I not have done that I wouldn't have realized I had cancer and the disease would have spread to the lungs the brain.
Also, do you have a source or link with more info on this here? It sounds a little far fetched.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:56 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Your body requires certain amino acids for several processes. The only place to get those is from protein. Your body simply cannot function without those amino acids.

If you're taking in zero protein, your body IS breaking down protein from your muscles.
Correct. The body will use some muscle. The documentary I posted states this about 9:45 mark. Explains it really well.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
They were also dead by 30.
I'm sure there were many more factors. Hunger probably was a one.

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
How are you training for prison sex? Since you’re a raiders fan, it’s inevitable.
Never been to prison, graduated college, and work a corporate job. Seems I don't fit your mold. Now why don't you cruise off in your Camaro, keep that mullet trim and fast a little to get rid of your beer gut.

Originally Posted by srvy:
OK Mahatma, on the eleventh day you eat like a mother ****er right?
Definitely not. I take it slow with Beef Broth then yogurt. Later in the day maybe soup. By day two I can eat solids and I'm good to go.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:58 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Also, do you have a source or link with more info on this here? It sounds a little far fetched.
The documentary I posted talks about the cancer topic towards the end. It talks about fasting studies in mice and a lady who went through chemo while fasting.
Definitely worth watching.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:13 AM 01-22-2021
Electrolytes, are you taking them?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:15 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
The video I put up in the original post has some good information. The body will break down some muscle as the video I posted states this at 9:45 mark.

What I was getting at is that there is a misconception that a guy will lose a large portion of muscle mass if he doesn't eat or fasts for 10 days.
Yeah, you're not going to shrivel up in a relatively short amount of time, but I'm curious on percentages on what people lose during a fast.

Did you see sources/links to the studies they used? I googled some last night and only found the filmmaker, and the "science consultant" or whatever they called it in the credits was apparently the spouse of a filmmaker, but I couldn't find anything specific on that person.

I'll try to watch it at some point. I did find a 1979 study that mentioned "protection" from muscle loss after a few days of fasting and lends itself to the "starvation mode" that's so popular to talk about these days. But, there are more recent studies that I posted below that shows muscle loss over time (but doesn't specifically mention the percentage of muscle/fat/water lost, that I saw), even on a regular keto diet.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 09:38 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Never been to prison, graduated college, and work a corporate job. Seems I don't fit your mold. Now why don't you cruise off in your Camaro, keep that mullet trim and fast a little to get rid of your beer gut.
Touché

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 10:34 AM 01-22-2021
Unhealthy way to lose weight.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:36 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Unhealthy way to lose weight.
i bet you have a nice beer gut
[Reply]
Page 7 of 17