ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
Eureka 02:05 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Are you taking any electrolyte supplements?
No but I do ingest some Himalayan salt with some hot water some nights.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:05 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That sounds...unwise. I hope you're at least consulting a doctor in the process.
Tubbo has plenty of calories hanging off his bones for his body to eat. He'll be fine.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:06 PM 01-21-2021
The longest I’ve ever been able to go is 5 days. Just water

When you start eating again you’re going to feel like a million dollars
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:06 PM 01-21-2021
Have any electrolyte supplements been taken?
[Reply]
SupDock 02:07 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
No but I do ingest some Himalayan salt with some hot water some nights.
No, but yes?
[Reply]
kepp 02:15 PM 01-21-2021
No, but yes?
Cut him some slack...it's day 7
[Reply]
Eureka 02:18 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Sounds a bit dangerous.

Are you doing it just to lose weight?
Not really but I could lose a few pounds. I fast every year to cleanse my body.

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Are you taking any electrolyte supplements?
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Are you taking any supplements for the electrolytes?
No and I haven't tried using any during any of my fasts. If I went longer then 10 days I think I def would use electrolytes.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Make sure you’re getting electrolytes and when you break your fast....take it easy. Don’t eat a full meal.
Thanks. I usually break my fast with Beef Broth for the collagen which can helps reline the intestines and help the joints. Then I'll have some plain yogurt a bit later for the culture which helps with stomach bacteria,
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:21 PM 01-21-2021
You know what I did last time I was in the middle of a 36-hour fast?

Broccoli soup.

Water, salt, two heads of broccoli chopped and pureed after boiling, some spices - curry powder, garlic, pepper.

Negative calories. Delicious!
[Reply]
Eureka 02:24 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Tubbo has plenty of calories hanging off his bones for his body to eat. He'll be fine.
Yes, I do have some extra weight now. I gained some weight with my wife during her pregnancy (which is common). She lost it all and I didn't. I'll get back down to my normal low 200-205

No, but yes?
No electrolytes on any of my fasts. Only Himalayan salt. Maybe, I should try some electrolytes.

Originally Posted by kepp:
Cut him some slack...it's day 7
This sounds about right.
[Reply]
Eureka 02:26 PM 01-21-2021
You know what I did last time I was in the middle of a 36-hour fast?

Broccoli soup.

Water, salt, two heads of broccoli chopped and pureed after boiling, some spices - curry powder, garlic, pepper.

Negative calories. Delicious!
Sounds delicious right now. I think I'm going to try and make your Lamb Curry dish.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:27 PM 01-21-2021
Sounds delicious right now. I think I'm going to try and make your Lamb Curry dish.
It's better with pork. I only did it with lamb because she was kosher.
[Reply]
Eureka 02:33 PM 01-21-2021
It's better with pork. I only did it with lamb because she was kosher.
I'll make it with Pork then. Here I am talking about making food. I'm mentally hungry.

Fasting is all mental. The physical part is actually easy.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:35 PM 01-21-2021
I've changed my lifestyle to an 18/6 intermittent fast routine with around 1500-1600 calories per day the past 2 years. I eat nothing but nutrient dense foods full of protein and/or healthy fats.

I've lost around 40 pounds (even while still indulging on booze & unhealthy food on weekends). I was pre-diabetic and now have that fully under control as well. I actually feel better when I don't eat than I do after my meals. It's very interesting how much it's changed my mental approach to food.

Fasting really can make you feel incredible, if it's right for your body. Some people would feel terrible doing it, it just depends on your physiology. I was thinking of trying a 2-3 day water fast myself, so this was an interesting thread to read. I might give it a shot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:39 PM 01-21-2021
I'll make it with Pork then. Here I am talking about making food. I'm mentally hungry.

Fasting is all mental. The physical part is actually easy.
Really just have to get through the first few hours.

Then you start feeling like you could skewer a wild boar!
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:39 PM 01-21-2021
Geez, I have a hard time fasting from 7am-9am. I burn to much energy to even consider fasting 10 days
[Reply]
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up