ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
Eureka 02:21 PM 01-26-2021
UPDATE: Finished my 10 day fast last Sunday night. During this fast I tried to ingest more Himalayan salt during the 10 days. I think it helped me retain more water and have more bowel movements. It also had the effect of me not putting much weight on after the fast since I retained water really well. On day 8 I did drink a large bottle of Electrolyte infused water. On days 6-10 I had bowel movements that looked like Au Jus. I feel like my digestive system was cleansed and now 2 days later I'm back to eating normal.

For those of you who are curious, I started off this fast at 238lbs and I'm currently 224lbs after a few meals. I will continue with my weight lifting regime and healthy eating. I plan on getting back to my regular maintained weight of 200-205lbs.

If you're curious about fasting I highly recommend watching the documentary I posted. It's very eye opening about how the body responds to fasting.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 02:23 PM 01-26-2021
I’m glad I read that as I was eating lunch.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:57 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
UPDATE: Finished my 10 day fast last Sunday night. During this fast I tried to ingest more Himalayan salt during the 10 days. I think it helped me retain more water and have more bowel movements. It also had the effect of me not putting much weight on after the fast since I retained water really well. On day 8 I did drink a large bottle of Electrolyte infused water. On days 6-10 I had bowel movements that looked like Au Jus. I feel like my digestive system was cleansed and now 2 days later I'm back to eating normal.

For those of you who are curious, I started off this fast at 238lbs and I'm currently 224lbs after a few meals. I will continue with my weight lifting regime and healthy eating. I plan on getting back to my regular maintained weight of 200-205lbs.

If you're curious about fasting I highly recommend watching the documentary I posted. It's very eye opening about how the body responds to fasting.
Body Comp > Scale
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:49 PM 01-26-2021
I can't do it. I'd be shitting everywhere by day 3 :

[Reply]
Eureka 06:49 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
I’m glad I read that as I was eating lunch.
Thoughts of Au Jus huh.

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Body Comp > Scale
I agree but in this instance the scale is pretty much the only thing you can measure by. Some people have blood work done before and after.

Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I can't do it. I'd be shitting everywhere by day 3 :
That probably wouldn't be the case. Normal bowel movements for a day or two. Who knows though. Maybe, you'd loose a pound or two of fecal matter that is stuck in your system.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:00 PM 01-26-2021
I am about a week into the 18/6 fast. Fairly easy. Starting weight 194 and today weighed in at 191. My goal is 170. I am tempted to try a 24 hour fast and go from there.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:04 AM 01-27-2021
Fasting is Biblical stuff dude.
I knew there was a reason it sounds so stupid.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 12:36 AM 01-27-2021
So fasting is something that has fascinated me since researching it when my ex had cancer. At that point in time, there was really limited research, but we decided to combine fasting with her chemotherapy to both increase the effectiveness of the chemotherapy while at the same time protect her healthy cells from the chemo. Understand that this is purely anecdotal evidence, but we found that fasting was extremely effective in not only in her fight against cancer, but also in protecting her healthy cells as well. We had a couple of neighbors who had undergone a similar chemo regimen that absolutely rocked their bodies, but my ex had rather minimal physical side effects to the chemo (aside from hair loss and some minor nausea, but no real sickness). Her healthy cells were so well protected that the oncologist was worried the chemo may not be working as they had never seen labs like hers from someone undergoing that chemo regimen. We would fast (I would join her) for 48 hours before chemo and 24 hours afterwards (72 hours total) for each session, and our only intake would be water. Like I said, it is anecdotal evidence, but after what I witnessed, I am a firm believer.

Here is some more information for anyone who might be curious about this or know someone who is fighting cancer:

https://osher.ucsf.edu/patient-care/...ie-restriction
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:56 AM 01-27-2021
Thoughts of Au Jus huh.

I agree but in this instance the scale is pretty much the only thing you can measure by. Some people have blood work done before and after.

That probably wouldn't be the case. Normal bowel movements for a day or two. Who knows though. Maybe, you'd loose a pound or two of fecal matter that is stuck in your system.
I highly doubt you changed your body composition in 10 days lol quit trying to shortcut man.
[Reply]
scorpio 04:33 AM 01-27-2021
Muscle is mostly glycogen and water, so if all of your muscle wastes away you don’t have to worry about water weight.

200 IQ stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:48 AM 01-27-2021
Took my ducolax at 4:30 this morning .Should have my system cleaned out by 8:00. Going in for a 72 hour.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:15 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
So fasting is something that has fascinated me since researching it when my ex had cancer. At that point in time, there was really limited research, but we decided to combine fasting with her chemotherapy to both increase the effectiveness of the chemotherapy while at the same time protect her healthy cells from the chemo. Understand that this is purely anecdotal evidence, but we found that fasting was extremely effective in not only in her fight against cancer, but also in protecting her healthy cells as well. We had a couple of neighbors who had undergone a similar chemo regimen that absolutely rocked their bodies, but my ex had rather minimal physical side effects to the chemo (aside from hair loss and some minor nausea, but no real sickness). Her healthy cells were so well protected that the oncologist was worried the chemo may not be working as they had never seen labs like hers from someone undergoing that chemo regimen. We would fast (I would join her) for 48 hours before chemo and 24 hours afterwards (72 hours total) for each session, and our only intake would be water. Like I said, it is anecdotal evidence, but after what I witnessed, I am a firm believer.

Here is some more information for anyone who might be curious about this or know someone who is fighting cancer:

Interesting. And thank you, I've passed it along to a friend who is fighting cancer.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:57 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:

In the Documentary I posted they follow a patient going through the exact same procedure and the results are the same. Although, the patient takes the doctors advice and eats before the first chemo round and has a really bad experience. Then the patient does a fast for the next round of chemo and lots of side affects she previously experienced are limited.
[Reply]
Eureka 09:03 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I highly doubt you changed your body composition in 10 days lol quit trying to shortcut man.
No didn't change my body comp as that will take a few months of clean eating and working out. I do FEEL much better physically though.

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Took my ducolax at 4:30 this morning .Should have my system cleaned out by 8:00. Going in for a 72 hour.
Good stuff for your health :-) The first 3 days were the hardest of my 10 day fast.

Tomorrow have some hot water and a large pinch Himalayan salt. Might cause you to have the Hershey squirts and clean that system out.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:46 AM 01-27-2021

I mean, I've gone a couple days without eating before...

After 2 days, I HAVE to eat something or I'm literally pissing out my ass.

I think it was the Jets game this year, holy shit, was that the day after Halloween??

Oh my fucking God...that was the best Hardee's Monster Biscuit I had EVER had...
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up