ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:34 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So Wanda is basically a battery for Vision because of her exposure to the Mind Stone.
I'm not sure if I'd label it as a battery but Wanda's energy, which was also derived from the Mind Stone, activated White Vision.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:42 PM 03-05-2021
Why can't I watch previous episodes? Only 9 shows up for me.

Disregard.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:45 PM 03-05-2021
So the Hydra commercials? Anything to those at all that I missed?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:36 PM 03-05-2021
Great finale, great season :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 12:08 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So the Hydra commercials? Anything to those at all that I missed?
They were parts of her past trauma. The stark toaster was the bomb in the flashback episode. I don’t remember the hydra ones but it was for her time in Strickers experiments.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:45 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Great finale, great season :-)

Spoiler!
So I watched a dork video that said

Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:34 AM 03-06-2021
Darkhold is Chthon's work not Mephisto's.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:48 AM 03-06-2021
Well, it went out with less of a "bang" than I expected, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the series. It seems to me they didn't want to integrate it TOO deeply into the movie plots, so they kept it more confined than I think we all thought it was going to be (in terms of other MCU characters and lead-ins to other stories). Still, I'm excited to see where they go with it.

If nothing else, the Scarlet Witch outfit is great. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:15 AM 03-06-2021
If nothing else, Elizabeth Olsen proved she is way too good to be doing comic book movies.

Looking forward to seeing her in something amazing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:59 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Darkhold is Chthon's work not Mephisto's.
They’ve said the comic books aren’t cannon. They can do what they want.

They’ve combined characters/ideas/things before.

I have no idea what they’ll do, but it is an option.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:04 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, it went out with less of a "bang" than I expected, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the series. It seems to me they didn't want to integrate it TOO deeply into the movie plots, so they kept it more confined than I think we all thought it was going to be (in terms of other MCU characters and lead-ins to other stories). Still, I'm excited to see where they go with it.

I think this might be suffering from too high of expectations.

I’d rather them nail the emotional part of the series in a more contained box, than do more stuff and have the story components of it fall flat. And let’s be real here. They took a LOT of risks. Go back and rewatch it with the perspective of what they could have messed up. The list is long. And IMO they nailed it. They did enough IMO.

Remember Thanos wasn’t even trotted out until the first avengers movie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:29 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:

This is mainly due to COVID.

This was originally scheduled to air from September to Halloween Weekend 2020, with Dr. Strange 2 original scheduled for November 5th, 2020, so it would have been a seamless transition from the end of WV to Dr. Strange 2.

Now, Dr. Strange 2 isn't scheduled for release until March 2022, so WV will feel a bit disconnected to the main timeline until DS2 is released.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 PM 03-06-2021
I rewatched the finale last night around 8:30pm and was actually blown away. Not only did it look and feel as good as any Marvel finale not named Endgame, it was extremely emotional as well.

As great as Elizabeth Olsen was in this series, in which I fully expect her to dominate awards season this Fall, Paul Bettany's portrayal of Vision was so flawless and yet so human that for me that his performance was the key to making Wanda's grief and pain feel real. I've always enjoyed Bettany's work, from Firewall to Da Vinci Code to even Solo but I've never seen his range displayed as it was in WandaVision.

I think that Falcon & Winter Soldier will be more inline with what most Marvel fans would expect from a Marvel property but it's going to be tough to top WandaVision from an emotional standpoint, which is really what these comics and films are about: The trials and tribulations of what it means to be human, whether we're superheroes or not.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:07 PM 03-06-2021
Ha...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 01:13 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If nothing else, Elizabeth Olsen proved she is way too good to be doing comic book movies.

Looking forward to seeing her in something amazing.
I've mentioned it somewhere in this thread, but check her out in Wind River. She stars alongside Jeremy Renner, and it's a great flick that flew under most radars. You won't be disappointed.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Up