ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 31
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:41 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Agreed.

Disney made the right decision to release weekly because it's so much more fun to speculate about what happens next, which also ramps up the anticipation from week to week.

Having something to look forward to each week, especially during this pandemic, has been awesome.
It seems like this is the way forward for most streaming services not named Netflix.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:40 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It seems like this is the way forward for most streaming services not named Netflix.
I'm adjusting to it now, and it is good. I am finding it more enjoyable to watch the series in a non-binge manner.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:28 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'm adjusting to it now, and it is good. I am finding it more enjoyable to watch the series in a non-binge manner.
Yea. It’s ok. I would prefer the all at once drop.

But if you don’t like weekly drop, you can just wait a couple months and binge once it’s complete.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:34 AM 03-02-2021
For a short season, 8-10 weeks, weekly drops are fine IMO. I still prefer when the first ~3 episodes drop all at once though. Think that would have helped here for those of us that do not look back fondly on Dick Van Dyke, Brady Brunch, etc.
[Reply]
Jamie 10:05 PM 03-02-2021
I don't mind the weekly schedule, I just don't get why they still follow the Netflix model of dropping everything at midnight pacific time. Enough people stay up and watch it that the spoilers are everywhere Friday morning anyway, why not put it up at 11 eastern/8 pacific?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:47 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I don't mind the weekly schedule, I just don't get why they still follow the Netflix model of dropping everything at midnight pacific time. Enough people stay up and watch it that the spoilers are everywhere Friday morning anyway, why not put it up at 11 eastern/8 pacific?
Their servers can barely handle launching at 12:00 am so there is now way they could handle Prime Time.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:04 PM 03-02-2021
Yeah, every release date and time is arbitrary.

Midnight, why not 8pm?
8pm, why not noon, some people like to watch TV at noon. . . .
Friday, why not Thursday?

It comes out when it comes out.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:42 AM 03-03-2021
Yes, obviously the release time is arbitrary, but it doesn't have to be arbitrary and inconvenient. I mean, every week giant spoilers are trending on Twitter almost immediately. I've actually been able to avoid most of it for WandaVision, but I've been careful since I had the Mandalorian finale spoiled for me by Twitter.

I get the server thing, but there has to be a better way to do it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:33 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Yes, obviously the release time is arbitrary, but it doesn't have to be arbitrary and inconvenient. I mean, every week giant spoilers are trending on Twitter almost immediately. I've actually been able to avoid most of it for WandaVision, but I've been careful since I had the Mandalorian finale spoiled for me by Twitter.

I get the server thing, but there has to be a better way to do it.
Internet spoilers are unavoidable for a TV series like WandaVision that have massive world wide audiences. It’s become a cottage industry on YouTube, Twitter and the like.

I get that you find it inconvenient but I’m routinely up at midnight, as are tens of millions on the West Coast and even East Coast, not to mention Hawaii. And since the programs are dropped at 12am PST, people in other countries are accessing them across the globe at that simultaneously, despite whatever local time episodes begin airing.

Staggered air times would lead to more spoilers for people in other countries, which is definitely not the solution, either, so I wouldn’t expect changes to the Disney+ release time.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:39 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I'm glad this wasn't a binge series so much fun discussing what could happen every week
Agreed. The excitement for the next installment has been fun.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:49 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Their servers can barely handle launching at 12:00 am so there is now way they could handle Prime Time.
Mandalorian finale episode fucking destroyed their servers. Took almost half an hour just to get the episode started.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:03 PM 03-03-2021
Midweek musings/predictions

[Reply]
RustShack 05:01 PM 03-04-2021
Yeah I get it both ways. I do like to binge watch shows, but it’s also nice having the anticipation of the next episode.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:27 PM 03-04-2021

[Reply]
staylor26 07:20 PM 03-04-2021
Can’t wait.

The best part is Falcon and the Winter Soldier is right around the corner too.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 31
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up