ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 31
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:04 PM 02-26-2021
If you think of the series as one big movie it's definitely one of the best Marvel movies.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:10 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If you think of the series as one big movie it's definitely one of the best Marvel movies.
Agreed.

I've spent the last few weeks watching all of the Captain America movies sequentially, as well as Guardians, Spider-Man, Ant-Man and Thor and I can say without hesitation that WandaVision is much better than Thor & Thor 2.

Those were pretty bad movies, IMO. Poor choice of directors for both films, weak story lines and just lame overall.

That said, Thor 3 is genius and I cannot wait for Thor: Love & Thunder because Taika is probably my favorite director working today.

WandaVision has been absolutely awesome, IMO, and the irony here is that it was the third most important series, after Loki & The Falcon & Winter Soldier, in terms of budget and scope.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02-26-2021, 12:16 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
Bowser 12:35 PM 02-26-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 12:36 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Honestly, that was a bad episode relatively.
But it was necessary, I feel. Origin stories can be slow, especially this deep into the storyline, but I think it effectively tied up all the loose ends before the conclusion.
[Reply]
-King- 12:40 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
But it was necessary, I feel. Origin stories can be slow, especially this deep into the storyline, but I think it effectively tied up all the loose ends before the conclusion.
Yeah I guess. It does suck that the momentum has kind of slowed down I feel.

You guys think this series ends with such a cliffhanger that you have to watch the other series to come to a satisfactory conclusion or you think it will be able to stand up on its own?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:45 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah I guess. It does suck that the momentum has kind of slowed down I feel.

You guys think this series ends with such a cliffhanger that you have to watch the other series to come to a satisfactory conclusion or you think it will be able to stand up on its own?
"satisfactory" might be relative. I think all these shows will feed off one another, and the actions in all of them will affect the MCU in its entirety together. We'll likely see WandaVision wrapped up to a point, but there will be an open ended element to it. JMO.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:59 PM 02-26-2021
"satisfactory" might be relative. I think all these shows will feed off one another, and the actions in all of them will affect the MCU in its entirety together. We'll likely see WandaVision wrapped up to a point, but there will be an open ended element to it. JMO.
It's supposed to lead directly into Dr. Strange & The Multiverse of Madness, in which Wanda is set to appear, as is Monica Rambeau's as Photon.

So while I agree that it may be somewhat of a cliffhanger, had it not been for the pandemic, this series would be airing shortly before the release of Dr. Strange but now, we have to wait at least another year...

I also believe that Wanda tearing apart the Multiverse could lead to the arrive of Kang...
[Reply]
RunKC 10:52 PM 02-26-2021
I won’t lie. I though this show would be awful when it first was announced.

Is it really worth watching? It seems like it from what I see here.

Maybe I’ll get started
[Reply]
DaFace 10:54 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Maybe I’ll get started
It's a little slow for the first few episodes, and it definitely has a different vibe than anything else in the MCU, but I've really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:30 PM 02-26-2021
My main gripe, if you want to call it that, was that something about the narrative kept me acutely aware OF the narrative.

Specifically, most of the way through the trip through doors to Wanda's past had me thinking of lines from A Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life [Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!].

Then, when they get to SWORD facilities, they switch from the narrator/observer to a straight cinematic audience POV to send Wanda to Westview and The Event. And I spent that time wondering how we were going to get back to the narrator/observer of Wanda and Agatha, . . . and they just . . . did.

Also drawing me out, why did Wanda's parents have VHS in a suitcase and a tiny TV, then turn around and break out DVDs, which barely existed as a format when her parents died? And then with Malcolm in the Middle on VHS, that was a show that didn't air until after her parents were killed.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:56 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Maybe I’ll get started
Give it 4 episodes
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:20 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I wouldn't say "bad"...

Spoiler!
A dork video I watched said it was

Spoiler!

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
My main gripe, if you want to call it that, was that something about the narrative kept me acutely aware OF the narrative.

Specifically, most of the way through the trip through doors to Wanda's past had me thinking of lines from A Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life [Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!].

Then, when they get to SWORD facilities, they switch from the narrator/observer to a straight cinematic audience POV to send Wanda to Westview and The Event. And I spent that time wondering how we were going to get back to the narrator/observer of Wanda and Agatha, . . . and they just . . . did.

Also drawing me out, why did Wanda's parents have VHS in a suitcase and a tiny TV, then turn around and break out DVDs, which barely existed as a format when her parents died? And then with Malcolm in the Middle on VHS, that was a show that didn't air until after her parents were killed.
Yeah. I’m not sure why she had to be the kid but could watch later. It didn’t take me out.

And you’re right about the DVDs but wrong about Malcom in the Middle. She just loves sitcoms. It wasn’t one she watched with her parents. But she grew up and got lost in sitcoms to hide from her difficult surroundings (DVD war torn Sokovia. MitM Quicksilver eating it).

The thing that holds it all together is Olsen’s performance. I won’t lie. I thought in Ultron she was pretty bad in some scenes. Hot as the surface of the sun, not not a great performance. Although she did hit the beat when Quicksilver died, and maybe when she came out after Hawkeye pumped her up.but on this series she has been flawless. And let’s be real here. The schlocky sitcom stuff isn’t easy to do.

I mean she’ll never get a look but there is some award winning stuff in here IMO. There are so many places for it to fall on its face. And certainly production helps and deserves a ton of credit but Olsen is really doing a fantastic job.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:56 AM 02-27-2021
Loved the episode and how it explained how we got to where we are now. Plus started building the baddies for Phase IV.

Couple of not so bold predictions for next / last episode;
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:34 AM 02-27-2021
I don't know if anybody noticed but I like how each magic user we have seen has different effects to their magic. Dr Strange's is geometric shapes because he is at heart an analytical person. Agatha's is smoky and wispy because she is a manipulator. Wandas is deep red and bright because her magic is uncontrolled and fueled by her emotions.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:05 AM 02-27-2021
Another thing that just popped to mind -

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 21 of 31
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up