ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>CBS AA: The Stand
keg in kc 03:35 PM 09-01-2020
Coming in December.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:50 AM 01-29-2021
It's disappointing, mostly because of the potential for it to be great.

The Stand in a longer format series, with no censor rules? Holy shit, should be awesome.

And it's just...okay.

Casting is generally fine. Performances are okay. Script blows. And the source material is right there, man. I mean, it's not like you had to rewrite the whole fucking thing, the book is a masterpiece. But, they did anyway. So it's frustrating.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:52 AM 01-29-2021
This should be a two season limited series. First season, Captain Trips and the individual journeys to Hemingford home and/or Vegas. Second season, the intrigue and looming war with Flagg.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:13 PM 01-29-2021
I was looking forward to this damnit. Like everybody has already posted, "How do you fuck this up? You have the damn step by step guide already!".
[Reply]
vailpass 04:21 PM 01-29-2021
This, along with the Gunslinger series, should have been done by HBO back when HBO was still in the business of creating best-in-class large budget television series.
[Reply]
morphius 08:28 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I was looking forward to this damnit. Like everybody has already posted, "How do you fuck this up? You have the damn step by step guide already!".
So many of kings things end up crap on the screen it is hardly surprising.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:26 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:

The 90's mini series is a hell of a lot better than the first few episodes I suffered through on this new one.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:11 AM 01-31-2021
It sucks, but I'm still watching it to see how bad they can fuck it up.

I'm curious if the coviid pandemic forced them to change it and make them edit it to make it milder. My biggest complaint is there is hardly any pre Bolder pre Vegas story line.
[Reply]
morphius 11:53 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The 90's mini series is a hell of a lot better than the first few episodes I suffered through on this new one.
Didn't mean that one is very good either though. Maybe after king dies someone will make a good one, sadly.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:24 AM 02-01-2021
Didn't mean that one is very good either though. Maybe after king dies someone will make a good one, sadly.

It was a fairly low bar to clear, and they managed to lower it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:11 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wow. How can they fuck this material up so bad??

It’s like when they made that 90 minute Dark Tower movie a few years back.
NEVER, EVER REFER TO THAT FUCKING ATROCITY AS THE D*** T****. THAT WAS NOT DT. IT WAS A BUNCH OF FAGGOT PATRIOT FANS HAVING AN ATM ORGY WITH THEIR MOTHERS.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:39 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
NEVER, EVER REFER TO THAT FUCKING ATROCITY AS THE D*** T****. THAT WAS NOT DT. IT WAS A BUNCH OF bundle of sticks PATRIOT FANS HAVING AN ATM ORGY WITH THEIR MOTHERS.
Truly one of the worst movies I've ever suffered through.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:54 AM 02-03-2021

One of life’s true mysteries.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:20 AM 02-03-2021
How could they possibly screw that up???? I guess the 1st sign is it being on that pile of crap CBS All access.
[Reply]
morphius 09:22 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
One of life’s true mysteries.
Out of all of his movies it seems only the non horror ones are any good, Shawshank, Stand By Me maybe the Green Mile. His best horror movie was probably the original shining, and he HATED it.

I was upset when Amazon cancelled The Gunslinger series, but in honesty, it is probably for the best because it would probably be unwatchable crap if they made it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:17 AM 02-03-2021
Out of all of his movies it seems only the non horror ones are any good, Shawshank, Stand By Me maybe the Green Mile. His best horror movie was probably the original shining, and he HATED it.

I was upset when Amazon cancelled The Gunslinger series, but in honesty, it is probably for the best because it would probably be unwatchable crap if they made it.
There’s been a lot of good horror movies made from Kings books.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up