ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
Sure-Oz 10:35 AM 05-22-2019
@LightsCameraPod: Christopher Nolan's next project is a spy-related movie titled 'Tenet'.

It will star John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clémence Poésy.

The movie releases on July 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/...014658/photo/1

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...gh-1203223474/

Casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh

By*JUSTIN KROLL

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh will appear in*Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film, “Tenet.”
Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine are also joining the cast that includes John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.
“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.
Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay and will use a mix of Imax and 70mm film to bring the story to the big screen.
Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas are producing the movie, while Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2020.
“Tenet” is Nolan’s follow-up to the Oscar-nominated war drama “Dunkirk.” That film became a huge box office hit, collecting $526 million in ticket sales across the globe. It also earned Nolan his first directing Oscar. Nolan’s acclaimed arsenal of work also includes “The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Inception,” and “Interstellar.”
[Reply]
DRM08 03:57 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The Prestige is also very good. I’m not about to doubt the quality of this one based on any reviews.
The Prestige was very underrated by critics in 2006. It might be his best movie overall.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:24 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Trailer Music is a huge, huge part of the film and TV business.

Prior to 2000, trailers generally consisted of music in a studio's library, which is why you'd hear music from Field of Dreams or some other previously released movie's score in trailers.

But that all changed in the new millennium as digital audio, with instant editing and samplers that could handle huge orchestral libraries that became available through faster computer CPU's, more RAM and larger hard drives. Now, it's all about the Brass Swells and huge percussive BOOMS! and so on.

Generally speaking, a big budget feature film's trailer will use multiple tracks from multiple Trailer Libraries to create the trailer, with the music chosen by the specific editor of the trailer.

It's a very "crowded" genre which is why I've avoided that aspect of composing but I did have the John Carter of Mars trailer on Starz! and Encore that ran for nearly a full year back in 2012.
Im gonna guess you did the trailer that had Led Zeppelin playing lol
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:18 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The Prestige was very underrated by critics in 2006. It might be his best movie overall.
Though I wouldn't want it for every single film, there is something inspiring and respectable in how The structure of the movie is metaphorical of the subject of the movie, and is presented in the movie from the very beginning.

[Reply]
sully1983 09:00 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I’ve read a couple reviews that basically call this a mess and a snoozer, prolly gonna wait for a rental
"a couple reviews"? Bro, not trying to force you into seeing this film in theaters but I wouldn't trust the critics on Rotten Tomatoes. A lot of idiotic critics on there.
[Reply]
Pants 02:43 PM 08-24-2020
A lot of folks called Blade Runner 2049 a snooze fest too. I loved it and watched it twice in theaters. To each their own.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:36 PM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
A lot of folks called Blade Runner 2049 a snooze fest too. I loved it and watched it twice in theaters. To each their own.
It took me about 5 viewings to get through it after I purchased digitally a few years ago.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:29 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It took me about 5 viewings to get through it after I purchased digitally a few years ago.
I mean I'm not one to call someone an idiot just because their taste in movies sucks, but I'm afraid you're an idiot if you didn't like Bladerunner 2049.

That being said, anyone checking out Tenet in theaters this weekend?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:11 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I mean I'm not one to call someone an idiot just because their taste in movies sucks, but I'm afraid you're an idiot if you didn't like Bladerunner 2049.

That being said, anyone checking out Tenet in theaters this weekend?
I don’t think it opens until early next week in the US?

It’s only open overseas right now.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:31 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don’t think it opens until early next week in the US?

It’s only open overseas right now.
Oh shit, I'm in Canada so the release date is today for us.
[Reply]
JD10367 01:13 PM 08-27-2020
Nolan's films are interesting but aside from the Batman films they're not exactly captivating. He's a very intellectual director and his films are slow odysseys that you just need to sort of zone out and take in ("Inception", "Interstellar", "Dunkirk"). They're good but they're not terribly enjoyable, if that makes sense. He doesn't make movies the way he thinks people want to see them; he makes them the way he'd want to see them if he was in the audience. So far it's worked but let's not hope he doesn't cross into Wachowski Brothers territory (I'm referring to the awful Matrix sequels, not going transgender... NTTAWWT, although Larry/Lana looks disturbingly like Elizabeth Banks and is confusing my masturbation sessions over her...).
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:49 PM 08-27-2020
Uh oh. People are complaining about Nolan’s sound mix again. Similar complaints about Dark Knight Rises, Dunkirk and Interstellar.

I remember Dunkirk being the absolute loudest movie Ive ever seen in a theater.

Tenet is relentlessly impressive, intensely spectacular and a dazzling mind fuck. However...the sound mix is so overwhelmingly maximised that it's sometimes difficult to properly hear the dialogue, making an already complex plot unnecessarily more difficult to grasp. pic.twitter.com/NDZ4QGFMCz

— jimi fletcher (@mrjimifletcher) August 26, 2020

There’s one thing about Tenet which is important to note. My friends & I thought our cinema’s sound mix was too loud. I’ve found many others are having the same problem and it’s a problem of the film itself. Some of the dialogue can be really difficult to hear clearly.

— DANIEL (@dpatt0) August 22, 2020

I’ve heard multiple people, from several different countries, state that Tenet’s sound mix is all over the place. Genuinely thought this was a theater issue, but I guess the mix is off, which is a real bummer and surprising?

— Carson�� (@thefilmcarson) August 26, 2020

[Reply]
JD10367 07:33 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Uh oh. People are complaining about Nolan’s sound mix again. Similar complaints about Dark Knight Rises, Dunkirk and Interstellar.

I remember Dunkirk being the absolute loudest movie Ive ever seen in a theater.
People are already predisposed to complaining about volume levels in an IMAX. But when we ran "TDK" and "TDKR" in IMAX, we got way more complaints about not only the volume level but also the unintelligible speech. Bane was almost undecipherable in the trailers for "TDKR", and we were pleased to see (or hear) in the actual film release that his dialogue was much cleaner and clearer (so you can imagine how bad it was at first). I think Nolan's problem is that since he naturally mixes his music and effects louder, if a theater isn't properly calibrated it's easy for those to overwhelm the dialogue.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:45 PM 08-31-2020
Saw it tonight in IMAX. I have no idea what happened in that movie (and I’m a huge Nolan fan). It was possibly the loudest movie I’ve ever seen, and I concur, I had trouble making out a lot of the dialogue.

Nice action sequences. I’m just gonna have to read plot analysis and rewatch on blu-ray.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:31 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Saw it tonight in IMAX. I have no idea what happened in that movie (and I’m a huge Nolan fan). It was possibly the loudest movie I’ve ever seen, and I concur, I had trouble making out a lot of the dialogue.

Nice action sequences. I’m just gonna have to read plot analysis and rewatch on blu-ray.
Worth the theater experience and risking of the ear drums?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:43 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Worth the theater experience and risking of the ear drums?
It reminded me of Sensurround in the 70s. Several times my chair was vibrating.

But like I said, dialogue is a problem. After the movie some guy in the lobby was complaining to an employee about it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up