ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
Sure-Oz 10:35 AM 05-22-2019
@LightsCameraPod: Christopher Nolan's next project is a spy-related movie titled 'Tenet'.

It will star John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clémence Poésy.

The movie releases on July 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/...014658/photo/1

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...gh-1203223474/

Casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh

By*JUSTIN KROLL

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh will appear in*Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film, “Tenet.”
Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine are also joining the cast that includes John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.
“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.
Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay and will use a mix of Imax and 70mm film to bring the story to the big screen.
Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas are producing the movie, while Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2020.
“Tenet” is Nolan’s follow-up to the Oscar-nominated war drama “Dunkirk.” That film became a huge box office hit, collecting $526 million in ticket sales across the globe. It also earned Nolan his first directing Oscar. Nolan’s acclaimed arsenal of work also includes “The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Inception,” and “Interstellar.”
[Reply]
BWillie 10:39 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've just learned to loathe Nolan. I swore after suffering through the odious Interstellar that I'd never watch another one of his movies. Then Dunkirk came out, and I figured what the hell, it's a war movie based on actual events, should be straightforward. But no, he had to time jump the events instead of telling a coherent, linear story. I know his fanboys think it's all brilliant and visionary. Whatever. I think it's just annoying.

He's made some great movies that I really liked, but at some point he became less concerned about making great movies and more concerned about the need to continually outsmart himself by making each movie more ridiculously and needlessly convoluted than the last. And now he's running shit backwards with muffled dialogue? Yeah, **** that.
I'm with you on Dunkirk, but Interstellar was a great, great film. Which coincidentally was Nolans worst reviewed film on RT while Dunkirk (Along w TDK) was the highest on RT
[Reply]
-King- 12:22 AM 12-02-2020
Just finished it. I obviously have to read more on it to even come close to understanding what I watched but off my first watch.....it sucked. By far Nolan's worst movie. I don't think I've had a bad review of a Nolan movie until now. They may not be great, but they're never bad...until now.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:36 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Just finished it. I obviously have to read more on it to even come close to understanding what I watched but off my first watch.....it sucked. By far Nolan's worst movie. I don't think I've had a bad review of a Nolan movie until now. They may not be great, but they're never bad...until now.
Inb4 "nah bro, you just need to watch it 7 times with subtitles on and high quality headphones"! Nolan is hurdling at light speed towards M.Night levels of hackery between his shit sound mixing and convoluted plots. Tenet was such a dumpster fire of a movie.
[Reply]
-King- 09:21 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Inb4 "nah bro, you just need to watch it 7 times with subtitles on and high quality headphones"! Nolan is hurdling at light speed towards M.Night levels of hackery between his shit sound mixing and convoluted plots. Tenet was such a dumpster fire of a movie.
Nolan kind of lucked out that covid kept Tenet from being released normally and that only a fraction of the people who would have originally saw it actually ended up seeing it. His reputation would have taken a huge hit if it was a normal wide release with full theaters.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:57 PM 12-15-2020
Out on VOD and Blue Ray today.

I’ll be turning on the subtitles next time I watch.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:43 PM 12-15-2020
His reputation would have taken a huge hit if it was a normal wide release with full theaters.
:-)

This is absurd. The movie grossed $360 million during a pandemic and now, it's available on DVD/Blu Ray and Digital. It won't be long before it's on HBO Max as well.

The distribution mechanism is irrelevant.

If it's a bad movie, it's a bad movie. A movie theater doesn't make a bad film better. And Nolan has built a huge following worldwide so there's no way that one film that doesn't live up to expectations is suddenly going to ruin his reputation as a filmmaker.

Again, your comments are absurd.
[Reply]
-King- 09:49 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

This is absurd. The movie grossed $360 million during a pandemic and now, it's available on DVD/Blu Ray and Digital. It won't be long before it's on HBO Max as well.

The distribution mechanism is irrelevant.

If it's a bad movie, it's a bad movie. A movie theater doesn't make a bad film better. And Nolan has built a huge following worldwide so there's no way that one film that doesn't live up to expectations is suddenly going to ruin his reputation as a filmmaker.

Again, your comments are absurd.
His movies have been decreasing in revenue ever since he peaked with Dark Knight. I don't think this movie if released widely would have helped turn that around for this and his future releases. It was a thoroughly bad movie and from what I hear, much worse in theaters due to his horrible sound mixing, no subtitles and the fact you can't pause the movie to even try to figure out what the fuck is even happening, much less why it's happening.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:23 AM 12-16-2020
His movies have been decreasing in revenue ever since he peaked with Dark Knight. I don't think this movie if released widely would have helped turn that around for this and his future releases. It was a thoroughly bad movie and from what I hear, much worse in theaters due to his horrible sound mixing, no subtitles and the fact you can't pause the movie to even try to figure out what the **** is even happening, much less why it's happening.
It's almost a satire of Christopher Nolan crawling up his own ass.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:25 AM 12-16-2020
His movies have been decreasing in revenue ever since he peaked with Dark Knight. I don't think this movie if released widely would have helped turn that around for this and his future releases.

Again, this is absolutely absurd and you have zero understanding of the entertainment business.
[Reply]
Cheater5 10:49 AM 12-16-2020

This mirrors my experience. I got so bored I was falling asleep, and turned it off about 50-60 minutes into it-- and I wanted to like it. Maybe I'll go back and finish it, but I'll have to make it a conscious point of doing so. But likely not.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:12 AM 12-16-2020
I liked it overall. But admit it’s one of Nolan’s weaker efforts.

I liked it a lot up until about an hour and a half in.

Once the car stuff chase started. Then it completely lost me. And the final battle just kinda had me bored.

At least it was spectacle assault if you saw it in theaters.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:22 AM 12-16-2020
It's pretty rare for a filmmaker of Nolan's stature to have a perfect record at the box office and with the audience.

Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Clint Eastwood and Orson Wells, just to name a few, have all made amazing films, but they've also made films that failed to connect with the audience and critics.

Their reputations were not "ruined" nor did they take "hit". Sometimes, it takes years or even a decade for people to "find" a film that had been discarded, only to become an all time classic years after the initial release.

Christopher Nolan and his reputation are going nowhere.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:37 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's pretty rare for a filmmaker of Nolan's stature to have a perfect record at the box office and with the audience.

Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Clint Eastwood and Orson Wells, just to name a few, have all made amazing films, but they've also made films that failed to connect with the audience and critics.

Their reputations were not "ruined" nor did they take "hit". Sometimes, it takes years or even a decade for people to "find" a film that had been discarded, only to become an all time classic years after the initial release.

Christopher Nolan and his reputation are going nowhere.
He's one more mediocre movie away from becoming M. Night. Especially if he does it for 3 consecutive movies.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:46 AM 12-16-2020
He's one more mediocre movie away from becoming M. Night. Especially if he does it for 3 consecutive movies.
M Night got knocked down. But he eventually came back.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:49 AM 12-16-2020
Nolan's films have grossed more than $7 BILLION at the Box Office so he's allowed to have a few films that don't connect with an audience every now and then.

Everything isn't about revenue, it's about studios backing and associating with the best filmmakers of the day.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Warner Brothers and/or any studio would love to work with M. Night, especially considering his last movie cost $20 million to produce while generating $247 million at the box office.

That's an amazing ROI.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up