ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 71
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Media Center>What Are You Spinning? Cont.
eDave 08:45 PM 02-05-2019
Rabble's thread has become extremely slow to load and post so I'm starting a new one while the other will be locked.

As rabble is no longer with us (cough), I have been authorized to post in his stead.

Perhaps we can add a full description of the video then post a direct link in an effort to forego the issues in the original thread.

Let's hear what your hearing.

Link to the original - https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314922
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:06 PM 12-26-2019

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:24 PM 12-26-2019

https://youtu.be/t-nmcfiC3nM?t=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QzJ0gN6gVc

We move more than I would like to gamble
I came with my poor four eyes
Crawling weakly warning my favorite come and lie here
Under my bed or deep under my fingers

Bent on my hands and knees in times of winding
We lie, it's only when we civilize that worm
For vagrant time we need it
What secret of your knowing is their beginning?

Fortune's to behold, believe it, believe it
His widow's nest is growing cold, cold, cold
Set sail and hide your handywork, alive your going home

Fortune's to behold, belive me, believe it
His widow's nest is growing cold, cold, cold
Set sail and hide your handywork, alive your going home
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:53 AM 12-27-2019
Santa delivered a very nice (waaay above my worth) turntable for Christmas. Now in play are the 400 or so albums from my youth.

Last night I had the pleasure of blasting

“Tales Of Mystery And Imagination” by the Alan Parsons Project.

“My Feet Are Smiling” by Leo Kottke

Kansas - debut album. Phil Ehart. Helluva guy.

Chilliwack - Canadian group.

Breezin’ - The great George Benson

Touchdown - Bob James

The Manhattan Transfer -Best of

Was a great evening. Like getting the fountain of youth for Christmas
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:59 AM 12-27-2019
Forgot a couple

Dan Hicks And His Hot Licks- Where’s The Money

John Mayall - Turning Point.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:31 PM 12-27-2019
What GC was spinning in 2019 (part 2)

19) Dead or A Lime - BiS

The first release by the reformulated BiS after the 2nd iteration blew up. Fans were not happy but what better way to ingratiate the new group with fans than a song that calls back to the original group? Featuring a much more punk sound, a song title taking a jab at Japanese pronunciation of English, and a video that is just a bit unsettling the fan dubbed BiS3 looks to be closer to the original BiS than the 2nd iteration was. It remains to be seen if BiS3 will attack the idol scene with as much gusto as their original namesake.

18)Ikasuze Idol - Melon Batake a GoGo

Last years alternative idol breakouts, Melon Batake a GoGO took a break from their normal psychobilly sound to produce this short rocker. A big difference between Melon and many other groups is that they often use their lower registered normal singing voices rather than trying to sound cute.

17)Ai Hakimino Mono - Broken By the Scream

Broken By the Scream grew a lot this year after the release of their first album last year playing metal festivals in South Korea, Taiwan, and their first gig in North America in August. The lead single from their next album is of their typical style with Io and Kagura providing harsh vocals while Ayame and Yae provide clean all while backed by their band.

16)Blow - Ed Sheeren, Bruno Mars, Chris Stapleton

I have no idea where this came from as the three artists aren't known for rock. It is however a damn fine hard rock song.

15) Shanti Shanti Shanti - Babymetal

2018 was a turbulent year for Babymetal with the absence and subsequent departure of Yui-metal and some sub par releases it looked like 2019 would be much of the same. A album announcement and release of the first single perked up some ears but a performance of Glastonbury and the release of the 2nd single the Indian inspired Shanti Shanti Shanti let fans know that Babymetal was back on the right track. Shanti Shanti Shanti was the most experimental track they put out this year so it is the one that gets the nod.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:20 PM 12-27-2019
My son got me Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced, and Sturgill Simpson’s Metamodern Sounds in Country Music on vinyl for Christmas... so that’s what I’ve been spinning

There’s just nothing quite like vinyl, for lack of a better term the music just “breathes easier”... there’s an airy, full sound to it that’s missing from digital
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:42 PM 12-30-2019
What GC was spinning in 2019 (Part 3)

14) It's All My Fault - Zenbu Kimi No Sei Da

The 2nd release after Zenkimi lost one member and gained two. The first was was bit softer with a more electronic dance number. This song lands about midway on Zenkimi's soft to heavyness scale. It is however a neat little rocker showing that Zenkimi isn't changing due to membership churn.

13)Dance or Dance - Dance for Philosophy

Usually know for 80s and 90s style pop and R&B, Dance for Philosophy put out this swinging rockabilly number this year and it is infectious and just makes you want to get up and dance.

12) Red Shoot - 2&

Saki, who performs under the monkier 2&, may be short but she is full of talent. Writing her own music, playing guitar on her own backing tracks, being her own management, and with the ability to scream with the best of them. Red Shoot is typical of her style. Poppy with some punk and Saki's singing with just a touch of raspiness.

11) Fields of Verdun - Sabaton

The first single off of Sabaton's great Great War album. Fields of Verdun tells the story of battle of Verdun. It is classic Sabaton with Joakims baritone vocals and high energy up tempo music contrasting with the dark lyrics of war.

10)Machi Bhasad - Bloodywood

From Indian inspired metal to Indian metal. Bloodywood roared onto the scene with this song. Mixing aggressive almost 90s nu-metal guitars and vocals with traditional Indian drums and beats. It both crushes your chest and tantalizes your ears.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:29 AM 12-31-2019
Not really worth starting a new thread, but is ironically what is 'spinning' in my head, and I was curious what people thought of it. I heard it on Comedy Bang-Bang, and I wasn't sure if it was a joke or serious. They're called Electric Guest and are somehow affiliated with the Lonely Island crew [who wrote all the SNL hits you remember of the past decade, On a Boat, Dick in a Box, Lazy Sunday, etc].

But the damn thing is catchy as hell, it's nearing earworm status. The CBB episode came out 2 weeks ago, and I can recall 5 different times since then it was stuck in my head.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:07 PM 01-01-2020
9) Wow Wow War - You'll Melt More!

The idol queens of mixing up styles decided this year that their release was going to be ska focused even with the Shaker Peacemaker cover referencing Two Tone Ska pioneers The Specials. Wow Wow War is everything you want from a ska song. Upbeat with plenty of brass and a bouncing guitar throughout. The chorus is of course meant for the crowd to sing along too.

8)Great War - Sabaton

2019 was a big year for Sabaton as mentioned earlier. The title track for their Great War album is epic with a choir singing the chorus and behind the lead singer in tracks.

7) Heartless Scat - Ningen Isu

The song that pushed Ningen Isu to youtube stardom. With rock seemingly trending towards to almost exact call backs to past bands it was refreshing to hear something that was certainly influenced, Black Sabbath in this case, but was not an exact copy of the style down to vocal inflections. This is a modern classic in a sense. It is a modern song but certainly looks back to the early days of metal with evil doomy guitar riffs that give way to solos.

6)Romance Sect - Zenbu Kimi No Sei Da

The penultimate song before Zenkimi's lineup change this year. It is typical of their style. Just on the side of metal with each member switching off vocals and only really harmonizing on the chorus. The bonus here is Hitomi Yotsu gets to display her skill in harsh vocals for just a moment. I wish they would do more of it.

5) Kazemachi Time Travel - Shihatsu Machi Underground

A relative newcomer to the alt-idol circuit. Shihatsu Machi Underground has carved out a niche for themselves producing groove based rock that is a bit on the cool side with just a bit of bluesy flare. It is music that you can't help but nod your head along too.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:50 AM 01-03-2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGorjBVag0I

[Reply]
Rasputin 09:40 AM 01-03-2020

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:25 PM 01-03-2020
My fav from 2019. Death metal lives.

Oath of Cruelty - Summary Execution at Dawn

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:22 PM 01-05-2020
What GC was spinning in 2019 (Part 5)

4) Rinne - Band-Maid

Fans were thought that Band-Maid were going a little soft with the Start Over, Bubble, and Endless Story singles. Their first single off the upcoming Conqueror album proved everybody wrong. Returning to the hard rock sound from the great World Domination album, Rinne combines the bands hard rock instrumentals with a pop tinged chorus.

3)Bismarck - Sabaton

Sabaton's first single of the year was their best. Telling the story of the Bismarck, it is Sabaton at their best. Poppy but hard hooks, a sing along chorus, and Joakim's baritone vocals combine to make an epic song.

2)The Walls - Minna No Kodomochan

2019 was triumph and tragedy for Minna No Kodomochan. Triumph in their efforts to crowdfund a tour throughout their native Japan venturing out of their home base in Tokyo for the first time and releasing a new single for six months. Tragedy in that main lyricist Honoka head banged herself into a severe neck sprain and subsequent retirement. The Walls is what Minna has been building towards since its beginning three years ago a combination of electronic music and doom metal featuring sinister synth work and some absolutely evil sounding guitar.

1) 69 - Migma Shelter

Normally content to stay in the trance and edm genres, Migma Shelter decided to branch out and put some heavy guitar riffs into their 69 single and came out with something that sounded a lot like Ministry. You can bang your head to it or dance to it or do both. It is infectious, up temp, and surprisingly heavy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:50 AM 01-06-2020
Genre bending for our times

[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:47 PM 01-06-2020

Iron Man arpeggiate

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
12) Red Shoot - 2&

Saki, who performs under the monkier 2&, may be short but she is full of talent. Writing her own music, playing guitar on her own backing tracks, being her own management, and with the ability to scream with the best of them. Red Shoot is typical of her style. Poppy with some punk and Saki's singing with just a touch of raspiness.
never heard of her before but that was great.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 71
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up