ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 50
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:29 PM 02-14-2021
Well, that looks fucking badass. I hope the movie lives up to that trailer because of it does, it will be awesome.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:16 AM 02-15-2021
Is that the same Joker from Suicide Squad? Or just got Jared Leto to play a different iteration?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:38 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Is that the same Joker from Suicide Squad? Or just got Jared Leto to play a different iteration?
Different iteration, I believe. None of the tattoos from before.

Although it just a dream sequence....so who knows.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:32 PM 02-15-2021
I'll watch it when it comes out, but I have a feeling it'll be like The Lord of the Rings Extended Versions that came out later than the theatrical release. Yeah, it's nice to get the extra footage, but it doesn't change the story, if you didn't like the story before, I'm not sure if Superman in a black suit and more footage of Batman's dreams, Cyborg playing football, and Wonder Woman doing more research into the enemies they're fighting, will really change much. I haven't seen Justice League since the theaters so it'll be a good rewatch.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:46 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'll watch it when it comes out, but I have a feeling it'll be like The Lord of the Rings Extended Versions that came out later than the theatrical release. Yeah, it's nice to get the extra footage, but it doesn't change the story, if you didn't like the story before, I'm not sure if Superman in a black suit and more footage of Batman's dreams, Cyborg playing football, and Wonder Woman doing more research into the enemies they're fighting, will really change much. I haven't seen Justice League since the theaters so it'll be a good rewatch.
I don’t know, Dude. I don’t think that WB would shell out $80 million for an extended release edit.

From my understanding, there were some serious reshoots involved and at least $40 million in new visual effects shots, along with basically, a new score.

If it’s not much different than the original, Zach Snyder’s cred is going to take a serious hit in this business.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:14 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Different iteration, I believe. None of the tattoos from before.

Although it just a dream sequence....so who knows.
Yeah, that's what I thought, but most articles I've read seem to allude that they're actually one and the same. Don't really care all that much because either way they got rid of all the goofy shit that made him look like Tekashi69.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:41 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don’t know, Dude. I don’t think that WB would shell out $80 million for an extended release edit.

From my understanding, there were some serious reshoots involved and at least $40 million in new visual effects shots, along with basically, a new score.

If it’s not much different than the original, Zach Snyder’s cred is going to take a serious hit in this business.
Maybe you can verify or call bullshit on this. Someone posted the below on Reddit about the new cut.....

Originally Posted by :
Some frequent questions I've seen coming up is what's different with this version to the 2017 version of Justice League.

Zack Snyder shot 5 hours of assembly footage during principle photography in 2016. From that, he edited it to 214 mins(3.5 hours) and was happy to call it his director's cut. From this, he was happy to edit it down to 3 hours for the theatrical cut, and release the 3.5 hour directors cut in Blu-ray.

But WB wanted Zack Snyder to cut it to 2 hours for the theatrical cut. Which is unbelievable, since cutting 1.5 hours from a 3.5 hour movie would make it extremely unwatchable and make absolutely no sense. Snyder tried his best to negotiate with WB to release a longer cut, even made a 2.5 hour cut, which was extremely compromised and makes no sense, but WB wasn't happy. This was when Snyder suffered a family tragedy and lost the will to fight with WB for the longer cut.

He stepped down and WB(Geoff Johns) used this opportunity to hire Joss Whedon, and use the 2 months of reshoots to reshoot almost the entire film. He wrote 88 pages of reshoots, which translates to almost 90 mins of the final movie.

The original cinematographer, Fabian Wagner, and later Snyder confirmed that only 30 mins of the theatrical cut of Justice League had shots by Zack Snyder, and even those were heavily edited. The rest were shot by Joss Whedon.

So Zack Snyder's Justice League releasing next month, which is 4 hours, will contain at minimum 3.5 hours of footage we never saw.

The only new idea is the 4 mins of new footage he shot recently with Jared Leto and Joe Mangeniello, which he added since he wanted this universe's Batman and Joker meet at least once. Other than that, it's all shot in 2016.

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:09 PM 02-15-2021
I get that trailers are bullshit, and can be cut in any way to show any thing, but even the trailer itself looks like it's from a completely different movie than the original. It would not surprise me at all if half or more of this cut was comprised of footage audiences haven't seen before.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:12 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I get that trailers are bullshit, and can be cut in any way to show any thing, but even the trailer itself looks like it's from a completely different movie than the original. It would not surprise me at all if half or more of this cut was comprised of footage audiences haven't seen before.
That would be smart, because the footage that audiences have already seen kinda fucking sucked.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:02 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Well it’s 4 hours long. So I imagine there will be a lot of footage no one has seen before.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:47 PM 02-16-2021
@ZackSnyderBible: The first track from @Junkie_XL's #ZackSnydersJusticeLeague soundtrack, The Crew At Warpower, has been officially released!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUY0...aterTowerMusic
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:38 PM 02-17-2021
This 1 track already sounds epic.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:50 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Maybe you can verify or call bullshit on this. Someone posted the below on Reddit about the new cut.....
That's pretty close to what I was told but from my understanding, the reshoots were more expansive than just 4 minutes and considering WB shelled out more than $70 million for this version, I'd be surprised if they only shot essentially 4 pages (generally speaking, 1 page = 1 minute of screen time).

On a side note, Josh Whedon is facing a massive reckoning for his behavior over the years, including on the set of Justice League.

That dude's career might be over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:00 PM 02-17-2021
That's pretty close to what I was told but from my understanding, the reshoots were more expansive than just 4 minutes and considering WB shelled out more than $70 million for this version, I'd be surprised if they only shot essentially 4 pages (generally speaking, 1 page = 1 minute of screen time).

On a side note, Josh Whedon is facing a massive reckoning for his behavior over the years, including on the set of Justice League.

:-) Googled the Whedon stuff out of curiosity and this was one of the top headlines.

Buffy Star Won't Comment On Joss Whedon Until Surgery For Penis Paralysis Is Complete
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:37 AM 02-18-2021

Sounds like he is an a-hole of the first order. Didn't see anything sexual being alleged, so he can likely recover from it. Maybe.

I'd say his recent flops are more damning to him than the behavior.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 50
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up