ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 310
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
BigRock 06:05 AM 04-09-2014
He definitely came off like a pretty vile person the last decade or so. Without even factoring in the bigoted stuff, just the things he said about Bobby Heenan deserving his cancer. And I forget who it was in reference to, but he ripped someone after they'd died and said the person's children would be better off without their dad.

But seeing his daughters come out to the stage with him at the HOF and all that. Fuck.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:10 AM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by ChiefsNow:
I wresled in high school. To me alstar wrestling is an insult to wrestling.
Rather than come in here and try to insult people's intelligence you could have spent more time in the classroom polishing your spelling skills.

And like many others have said in posts.....I have all kinds of friends I know who wrestled both in HS and in College who have no issue with this.

You sound a bit frustrated, almost like you tried out and were told you couldn't cut it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:24 AM 04-09-2014
Dude tried to troll, got beat down, then played dumb.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:36 AM 04-09-2014
That Warrior thing is just so bizarre. I wasn't expecting that, it's like there was finally closure to his career and bam he's gone.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:08 AM 04-09-2014
Natural causes makes this merely bizarre instead of horrifying. Whew.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:10 AM 04-09-2014
John Pinnete, Mickey Rooney, and The Ultimate Warrior. I guess actors do die in threes.
[Reply]
otherstar 10:39 AM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead:
that is crazy, I remember watching him on Raw when he spoke this past monday, and thinking man he doesnt look good, he looked like he was about to have a heart attack on the spot.
I just watched the video on YouTube that CoMoChief posted and I'd have to agree. I watched my father battle heart disease for the last 20 years of his life and I'd be surprised if Warrior didn't die of a massive heart attack. Macho Man died of a massive heart attack, except that he was driving at the time.
[Reply]
mcaj22 11:11 AM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by BigRock:
He definitely came off like a pretty vile person the last decade or so. Without even factoring in the bigoted stuff, just the things he said about Bobby Heenan deserving his cancer. And I forget who it was in reference to, but he ripped someone after they'd died and said the person's children would be better off without their dad.

But seeing his daughters come out to the stage with him at the HOF and all that. ****.
That was about Heath Ledger.
[Reply]
rico 11:12 AM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Rather than come in here and try to insult people's intelligence you could have spent more time in the classroom polishing your spelling skills.

And like many others have said in posts.....I have all kinds of friends I know who wrestled both in HS and in College who have no issue with this.

You sound a bit frustrated, almost like you tried out and were told you couldn't cut it.
I wrestled in youth/high school/college. To this day, I still consider competing in open tournaments, if I were ever granted the time to get back into wrestling shape. I have no problem with the WWE. In fact, I loved watching it while growing up and still enjoy it if I get the chance to watch it to this day. And I can't get over their athleticism...guys like Shawn Michaels. Guys like Mick Foley who defy logic in terms of not only making it to the WWE appearing physically incapable of competing with the monsters he competed against, but also avoiding their own physical demise (in other words, I don't know how on Earth that guy didn't die after performing some of the stunts he did in the ring, let alone, got up and went back for more...just incredible).

However, I do know why the wrestlers (usually high caliber guys) hate WWE wrestling. It all has to do with notoriety, money and the word "professional" being placed in front of the word, "wrestling." Real wrestlers spend hours and hours and hours training and make huge sacrifices in terms of managing their weight for....nothing, but pride in their accomplishments. Considering WWE wrestlers receive the notoriety/fame, tons of money and to boot, are considered the "professionals" of the wrestling genre, it really grinds a lot of real wrestlers' gears...for they feel that this sport they spend all the time, blood, sweat, tears, etc. training for is not only disrespected, but disregarded completely.... in the perspectives of real wrestlers at the D1 and International level, they are the ones who engage in professional wrestling and are the ones who are deserving of the fame, notoriety and...money. The lack of compensation issue as been alleviated a bit with the emergence and popularity of the UFC, for a lot of wrestlers have turned to the UFC when their wrestling tenures come to a conclusion...and regardless of what anyone on here claims, wrestlers are at a HUGE advantage in comparison to fighters who don't have a wrestling background. So wrestlers who decide on that route are being fiscally compensated, for they are generally successful in the UFC. Problem is, many of your top caliber wrestlers are unwilling to fight in the UFC because they don't want to dodge the potential "permanent physiological damage" bullets to their bodies, which is obviously a huge risk in the UFC.

Hell, real wrestling was stripped from (and eventually reinstated) the freaking Olympics...one of the world's oldest fucking sports...eliminated. Ironically and IMO, a lot of these high caliber wrestlers are the reason that wrestling was stripped from the Olympics to begin with...because strategic defensive wrestling has consumed the sport and has made the sport boring to the common spectator. As a result, some of the philosophies that have made wrestling fun to watch in the first place are no longer applicable. It used to be "the best defense is a good offense," but now it is basically, "the best offense (or way to win, I guess) is an obnoxiously blatantly utilized overly-defensive strategy." The philosophy of "wrestling to win," has been dethroned by "wrestling not to lose." And as a result, the sport has generally become fucking boring to watch...much more boring than it was over a decade ago... and it all starts at the college level and in some cases, the elite high school level. Wrestlers aren't being aggressive and trying to score points, but are resorting doing whatever they can to just ensure that they do not give up any points and are perfectly content with winning the match 1-0, by scoring their 1 point via riding time or in OT/sudden victory. It has become ridiculous. Real wrestling is at an all-time low right now and I was hoping that wrestling being eliminated as an Olympic sport would be a wake-up call, but so far it hasn't.

The high caliber real wrestlers who hate WWE wrestling need to shift the blame/hate from WWE wrestling itself, and focusing on advocating to make the sport more watchable to the common spectators by means of finding ways to make real wrestling more entertaining to watch via increasing offensive wrestling. Many common spectators don't "get" real wrestling in terms of the rules, strategy, scoring system, etc. and don't really want to because there doesn't appear to be a lot of action in it...The sport has become so defensive that to the common spectator, it comes off to them as a lot of ring around the rosie/paddy-cake bullshit where two guys seem to be circling away from each other and "playing" the outer line of the wrestling mat. At least when a person watches WWE wrestling, they get to see guys getting power-bombed, bashed over the head with chairs, strangled, suplexed, etc...which provides a substantial amount of additional entertainment value when compared to what the sport of wrestling has become in recent years.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:14 AM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Natural causes makes this merely bizarre instead of horrifying. Whew.
Honestly, it's not bizarre.

He was known as the anabolic warrior to his peers and was juiced out of his mind for over a decade. That stuff is terrible for your heart and it's a big reason these guys tend to have massive heart attacks so young.
[Reply]
rico 11:15 AM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
John Pinnete, Mickey Rooney, and The Ultimate Warrior. I guess actors do die in threes.
I am really upset about the deaths of The Ultimate Warrior and Mickey Rooney. The Ultimate Warrior was my favorite WWF wrestler... I have a lot of fond memories of watching Mickey Rooney movies at my grandpa and grandma's house....especially the movie, "The Human Comedy." One of the most underrated movies ever and to this day, one of my favorite movies of all time.
[Reply]
loochy 11:57 AM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
I wrestled in youth/high school/college. To this day, I still consider competing in open tournaments, if I were ever granted the time to get back into wrestling shape. I have no problem with the WWE. In fact, I loved watching it while growing up and still enjoy it if I get the chance to watch it to this day. And I can't get over their athleticism...guys like Shawn Michaels. Guys like Mick Foley who defy logic in terms of not only making it to the WWE appearing physically incapable of competing with the monsters he competed against, but also avoiding their own physical demise (in other words, I don't know how on Earth that guy didn't die after performing some of the stunts he did in the ring, let alone, got up and went back for more...just incredible).

However, I do know why the wrestlers (usually high caliber guys) hate WWE wrestling. It all has to do with notoriety, money and the word "professional" being placed in front of the word, "wrestling." Real wrestlers spend hours and hours and hours training and make huge sacrifices in terms of managing their weight for....nothing, but pride in their accomplishments. Considering WWE wrestlers receive the notoriety/fame, tons of money and to boot, are considered the "professionals" of the wrestling genre, it really grinds a lot of real wrestlers' gears...for they feel that this sport they spend all the time, blood, sweat, tears, etc. training for is not only disrespected, but disregarded completely.... in the perspectives of real wrestlers at the D1 and International level, they are the ones who engage in professional wrestling and are the ones who are deserving of the fame, notoriety and...money. The lack of compensation issue as been alleviated a bit with the emergence and popularity of the UFC, for a lot of wrestlers have turned to the UFC when their wrestling tenures come to a conclusion...and regardless of what anyone on here claims, wrestlers are at a HUGE advantage in comparison to fighters who don't have a wrestling background. So wrestlers who decide on that route are being fiscally compensated, for they are generally successful in the UFC. Problem is, many of your top caliber wrestlers are unwilling to fight in the UFC because they don't want to dodge the potential "permanent physiological damage" bullets to their bodies, which is obviously a huge risk in the UFC.

Hell, real wrestling was stripped from (and eventually reinstated) the freaking Olympics...one of the world's oldest fucking sports...eliminated. Ironically and IMO, a lot of these high caliber wrestlers are the reason that wrestling was stripped from the Olympics to begin with...because strategic defensive wrestling has consumed the sport and has made the sport boring to the common spectator. As a result, some of the philosophies that have made wrestling fun to watch in the first place are no longer applicable. It used to be "the best defense is a good offense," but now it is basically, "the best offense (or way to win, I guess) is an obnoxiously blatantly utilized overly-defensive strategy." The philosophy of "wrestling to win," has been dethroned by "wrestling not to lose." And as a result, the sport has generally become fucking boring to watch...much more boring than it was over a decade ago... and it all starts at the college level and in some cases, the elite high school level. Wrestlers aren't being aggressive and trying to score points, but are resorting doing whatever they can to just ensure that they do not give up any points and are perfectly content with winning the match 1-0, by scoring their 1 point via riding time or in OT/sudden victory. It has become ridiculous. Real wrestling is at an all-time low right now and I was hoping that wrestling being eliminated as an Olympic sport would be a wake-up call, but so far it hasn't.

The high caliber real wrestlers who hate WWE wrestling need to shift the blame/hate from WWE wrestling itself, and focusing on advocating to make the sport more watchable to the common spectators by means of finding ways to make real wrestling more entertaining to watch via increasing offensive wrestling. Many common spectators don't "get" real wrestling in terms of the rules, strategy, scoring system, etc. and don't really want to because there doesn't appear to be a lot of action in it...The sport has become so defensive that to the common spectator, it comes off to them as a lot of ring around the rosie/paddy-cake bullshit where two guys seem to be circling away from each other and "playing" the outer line of the wrestling mat. At least when a person watches WWE wrestling, they get to see guys getting power-bombed, bashed over the head with chairs, strangled, suplexed, etc...which provides a substantial amount of additional entertainment value when compared to what the sport of wrestling has become in recent years.
tl;dr
[Reply]
rico 12:08 PM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by loochy:
tl;dr
:-) Took you too long to tl;dr me. So tl;2;tl;dr
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:11 PM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by BigRock:
Think it was Davey Boy Smith (British Bulldog). Ripped him for being a drug user, which was ironic since he was an admitted steroid user himself.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:09 PM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Honestly, it's not bizarre.

He was known as the anabolic warrior to his peers and was juiced out of his mind for over a decade. That stuff is terrible for your heart and it's a big reason these guys tend to have massive heart attacks so young.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 310
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up