ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 190 of 221
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:02 PM 03-04-2021
Just purchased my OK license 20 minutes ago for the 1st week in April
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:22 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Just purchased my OK license 20 minutes ago for the 1st week in April
Its definitely high time to get the hell outta the house
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:11 PM 03-04-2021
hit the pond yesterday and today. Bass hit small spinnerbait...yello/white with a brass and a chrome blade

No good on a lizard,usually a go to early...but its freaking March!!

Great hits on small rapala shad
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:20 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
hit the pond yesterday and today. Bass hit small spinnerbait...yello/white with a brass and a chrome blade

No good on a lizard,usually a go to early...but its freaking March!!

Great hits on small rapala shad
So the word seems to be go with small baits in early spring, I'm listening...
[Reply]
bdj23 11:49 PM 03-04-2021
I'm gonna have to get back into fishing. I just hope a few bad years have scared all the facebook morons away from spots.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:30 PM 03-10-2021
Here's one for all of you guys west of me in trout country, just a freaking monster new record... honestly didn't know they got quite this big

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fi...?ocid=msedgdhp

Got out this past monday on a beautiful 70 degree day at the local lake and nabbed 3 hand sized white bass that were likely added last spring... not lunkers by any means but it was proof that spring is sprunging (sp?) PDQ

Not bad for my first early spring outing, just 3 weeks ago this lake was a 375 acre ice cube

Gonna fish my butt off this year and I've sworn to keep more legal ones to eat than usual, been too lazy too often in the recent past not wanting to come home and hassle with it... thats changing, I want a freezer full of everything

Need to be getting more out of all the time and money I spend
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:48 PM 03-10-2021
Hammered a limit of walleyes last night in the nice weather. Today, 6 inches of goddamn slushy snow. Caught a bunch of keeper walleyes I had to throw back.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:42 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Hammered a limit of walleyes last night in the nice weather. Today, 6 inches of goddamn slushy snow. Caught a bunch of keeper walleyes I had to throw back.
Man those are tasty fish. Good going.

It's getting warm enough around here that I'm getting antsy in my pantsy.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:03 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Here's one for all of you guys west of me in trout country, just a freaking monster new record... honestly didn't know they got quite this big

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fi...?ocid=msedgdhp

Got out this past monday on a beautiful 70 degree day at the local lake and nabbed 3 hand sized white bass that were likely added last spring... not lunkers by any means but it was proof that spring is sprunging (sp?) PDQ

Not bad for my first early spring outing, just 3 weeks ago this lake was a 375 acre ice cube

Gonna fish my butt off this year and I've sworn to keep more legal ones to eat than usual, been too lazy too often in the recent past not wanting to come home and hassle with it... thats changing, I want a freezer full of everything

Need to be getting more out of all the time and money I spend
Great your getting out. I got my license but haven’t had time to stomp around Iowa trout country.

Man that Brown is beyond huge. I wonder what it’s length is? He looked as long as the angler!
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:24 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Man those are tasty fish. Good going.

It's getting warm enough around here that I'm getting antsy in my pantsy.
I think we need to hear about Sofa's best walleye recipe, wouldn't you agree?

Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Great your getting out. I got my license but haven’t had time to stomp around Iowa trout country.

Man that Brown is beyond huge. I wonder what it’s length is? He looked as long as the angler!
Getting out is imperative this year, boredom/midlife crisis issues are starting to set in on many facets of my life and adventure is called for

My first big adventure is going to be a camping and fishing trip deep in the woods outside of Louisiana, Mo, along the river about an hour or so from here... the fishing could be spectacular, and a Momo sighting would be even better :-)

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/momo-monster/
[Reply]
Renegade 09:31 PM 03-10-2021
I am going to be on the Wind River in early July. What flies, leader size should I be looking at? Not much experience western fishing
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:43 PM 03-10-2021
If it ever gets to the point where we can do another CP bash, I’d gladly bring as much as I can illegally transport. I’m at the point in my life that I’d be very happy to meet everyone and can afford to make the trip, time wise and financially. I’ve only met one person ever from CP.

I’m a shitty cook so I just do very basic stuff. I hate cooking.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:43 PM 03-10-2021
I think we need to hear about Sofa's best walleye recipe, wouldn't you agree?

Getting out is imperative this year, boredom/midlife crisis issues are starting to set in on many facets of my life and adventure is called for

My first big adventure is going to be a camping and fishing trip deep in the woods outside of Louisiana, Mo, along the river about an hour or so from here... the fishing could be spectacular, and a Momo sighting would be even better :-)

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/momo-monster/
Yes, I would agree.

Good luck in North LA as well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:50 AM 03-13-2021
Check out this record smallie :-)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fi...?ocid=msedgntp
[Reply]
stumppy 12:06 PM 03-13-2021
Check out this record smallie :-)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fi...?ocid=msedgntp
Nice! That had to be a pretty old fish to grow to that size that far north. Montana has been killin it this year.
[Reply]
Page 190 of 221
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200 > Last »
Up