ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 791
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164564 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Mecca 01:15 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Just about everybody is in agreement that they shouldn’t/can’t do that and it’s definitely not going to happen either way...
The question is, is Houston actually going to take a paycut or will he be more like Eric Berry when it comes to that..

Or will they all band together being the old guard and make the Chiefs cut them?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The question is, is Houston actually going to take a paycut or will he be more like Eric Berry when it comes to that..

Or will they all band together being the old guard and make the Chiefs cut them?
Look through the thread a little further. There was a Tweet from somebody suggesting that he's hearing the Chiefs won't keep Ford AND Houston and Houston isn't going to take a pay cut.

Looks increasingly likely that Ford will be tagged and kept and Houston will be gone.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:16 PM 02-21-2019

unfortunately, I think we know the answer to that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:20 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Look through the thread a little further. There was a Tweet from somebody suggesting that he's hearing the Chiefs won't keep Ford AND Houston and Houston isn't going to take a pay cut.

Looks increasingly likely that Ford will be tagged and kept and Houston will be gone.
I would say that is the most likely scenario, although I wouldn't count out the possibility that Ford's one-dimensional quality and injury history might mean they want to tag and trade. That idea isn't dead yet, and there's nothing really to indicate either way.

If you convert some of Houston's money to bonus, isn't that still guaranteed, really? I mean he's guaranteed to get it right? Might that be a possibility?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:20 PM 02-21-2019
Yea I don’t think it’s a sure thing by any means, but it definitely feels like we keep Ford and cut Houston.

Maybe they get a trade offer for Ford that changes that though.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:21 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I really don't understand how we end up with these guys. Justin Houston still has value yet he won't take a cut..Eric Berry is being Eric Berry...

How is it Baltimore gets guys like Suggs and Reed willing to take less to stay when they are getting older yet our guys are like yea fuck ya'll.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I would say that is the most likely scenario, although I wouldn't count out the possibility that Ford's one-dimensional quality and injury history might mean they want to tag and trade. That idea isn't dead yet, and there's nothing really to indicate either way.

If you convert some of Houston's money to bonus, isn't that still guaranteed, really? I mean he's guaranteed to get it right? Might that be a possibility?
I'd love to think trading Ford is still an option but I've given up on it. Too much battered Chief fan still in me.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:22 PM 02-21-2019
Yea I don’t think it’s a sure thing by any means, but it definitely feels like we keep Ford and cut Houston.

Maybe they get a trade offer for Ford that changes that though.
Should offer him to Green Bay, with 2 1's they might be willing to do something.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:22 PM 02-21-2019
I really don't understand how we end up with these guys. Justin Houston still has value yet he won't take a cut..Eric Berry is being Eric Berry...

How is it Baltimore gets guys like Suggs and Reed willing to take less to stay when they are getting older yet our guys are like yea fuck ya'll.
Because Chiefs

We have Reid/Mahomes and we were inches away from them SB so there’s really no other reason.
[Reply]
synthesis2 01:23 PM 02-21-2019
Just dreaming but on nfl network willie maginist said bell would be a good fit in Kansas City . Can you imagine how sick the offense would be? I know it’s not realistic but what a dream.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:24 PM 02-21-2019

How is it Baltimore gets guys like Suggs and Reed willing to take less to stay when they are getting older yet our guys are like yea **** ya'll.

because Suggs is like 37.

He's another contract past Houston, maybe 2.

Berry because he's not going to ever get another contract. This is it, his last payday in football.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:24 PM 02-21-2019
Because Chiefs

We have Reid/Mahomes and we were inches away from them SB so there’s really no other reason.
Hey guys you've been here a long time we are on the cusp of a Superbowl if we can get some more guys in here to help out we really need you to take a paycut we'd like you to be part of this..

"Fuck ya'll"

Justin Houston has been paid a ton of money to really not produce since he got paid..if he's against a paycut he can eat my ass.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:25 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
because Suggs is like 37.

He's another contract past Houston, maybe 2.

Berry because he's not going to ever get another contract. This is it, his last payday in football.
Suggs took a paycut years ago and he was productive more consistently than Houston has really ever been. He did what he needed to stay there, our guys never want to do that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:27 PM 02-21-2019
Should offer him to Green Bay, with 2 1's they might be willing to do something.
Man I've floated that idea and IF tag and trade was on the table, that'd be a perfect spot. They don't have time to wait and see if a draftee develops, their window is closing fast with a 35 year old Aaron Rodgers. He'd fill an immediate need.

Their #30 would be a good spot to make a move like that.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:27 PM 02-21-2019

How is it Baltimore gets guys like Suggs and Reed willing to take less to stay when they are getting older yet our guys are like yea **** ya'll.
Quit giving players 6 year deals that fuck you over into keeping them unless that players name is Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 791
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164564 > Last »
Up