ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 791
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214614 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:42 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The problem is we are already paying a guy for that spot.
True, but can he be counted on? I think we all don’t believe he can any longer.

The thing for me is I would much rather pay Collins, a player who could potentially be great to elite in this defense based on recent history, than to overpay up for a decent corner who won’t ever be much more than above average. And that’s how the CB market feels right now. I felt the same way about Watkins last year. If I’m gonna buy in FA and overpay like many teams do, give me someone who is a true game changer.

I see the $$ going to the safety position primarily.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:45 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Derwin James and Jamal Adams played the majority of their 2018 snaps in the box. So you can’t tell me that there’s no value in that style of player.
Derwin James is outstanding in coverage. He is a baller. Landon Collins? Not so much

Give Honey Badger $$. He’s a younger Earl Thomas caliber player.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:45 PM 03-05-2019
So you’re admitting that he’s worth more than that?

If he’s so limited like some of you suggest, why would he get much more?
You have me confused with someone. I never made any argument of the sort. He's worth whatever the market dictates he's worth, which is likely in the $15M range or higher.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:45 PM 03-05-2019
True, but can he be counted on? I think we all don’t believe he can any longer.

The thing for me is I would much rather pay Collins, a player who could potentially be great to elite in this defense based on recent history, than to overpay up for a decent corner who won’t ever be much more than above average. And that’s how the CB market feels right now. I felt the same way about Watkins last year. If I’m gonna buy in FA and overpay like many teams do, give me someone who is a true game changer.

I see the $$ going to the safety position primarily.
No thanks. Not interested in shelling out over 20 million yo the box safety position.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:46 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Because once you hit the market, you're worth what the bidding puts you at.

Was Sammy Watkins worth what we paid last year? Before he signed it, would you have been ok with that? Once you get in the market, shit gets crazy.
This.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:48 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

Just imagine paying 12m per to a safety that can't cover.

Please no.
Where did this "He can't cover" shit come from? Is there numbers to back this up or is this the latest rhetoric?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:48 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Derwin James is outstanding in coverage. He is a baller. Landon Collins? Not so much

Not sure why you're so high on Mathieu? He's not the player he was a few years ago.

He's strictly a FS at this point and not even that great of one, he got beat repeatedly in coverage last year.
[Reply]
Iconic 01:48 PM 03-05-2019
Derwin James and Jamal Adams played the majority of their 2018 snaps in the box. So you can’t tell me that there’s no value in that style of player.
Neither of those two are your typical box safeties. You can ask them to play the slot, free, or even outside as a boundary corner with practically no drop off.

Collins will get abused by good teams manipulating him into coverage. It's bound to happen and we will complain about it when it does.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:49 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Honey Badger got absolutely worked in the playoff game against the Colts. I’m not in love with that idea either considering his injury history.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:49 PM 03-05-2019
Reminds me of when everyone labeled Berry a Box Safety. Or how People talk about James as a Box Safety. Dafuq.

Just because a guy can tackle and thump doesn't make him just a box safety.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:49 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not sure why you're so high on Mathieu? He's not the player he was a few years ago.

He's strictly a FS at this point and not even that great of one, he got beat repeatedly in coverage last year.
For real.

I wish he'd drop the Mathieu crap.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:49 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The problem is we are already paying a guy for that spot.
This.

Until they move on from Eric Berry, signing a guy like Collins is not only expensive but redundantly expensive.

They REALLY need a FS and it's not a great market for them. Earl Thomas is obviously great IF he's healthy but breaking the leg in the same place twice is a big red flag.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:50 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You have me confused with someone. I never made any argument of the sort. He's worth whatever the market dictates he's worth, which is likely in the $15M range or higher.
My apologies, I’ve seen so much of it that a lot blends in.

I can’t imagine him getting $15M but if so, yeah no thanks.
[Reply]
O.city 01:50 PM 03-05-2019
If you're going to pay that much for a safety, go pay Earl, give him some stem cells and HGH and hold your breath.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:50 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Reminds me of when everyone labeled Berry a Box Safety. Or how People talk about James as a Box Safety. Dafuq.

Just because a guy can tackle and thump doesn't make him just a box safety.
He doesn't cover well.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 791
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214614 > Last »
Up