ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 319
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 02-15-2021
I’d guess there will be a lot of incentive laden deals this year. So get Sammy on a cheap one I guess
[Reply]
TNTEICHER 08:36 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think the most likely OL scenario for next year is:

Stop gap FA swing T with hopes Fisher comes back
Allegretti
Draft Pick (or Allegretti if we draft a G)
LDT
Niang

I will be very surprised if that isn’t the OL in Week 1 (barring an unforeseen injury).
I will be really pissed if that is all they do. This o-line needs a lot more work than that.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:51 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by TNTEICHER:
I will be really pissed if that is all they do. This o-line needs a lot more work than that.
You should probably prepare yourself for some urine running down your back and leg.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I would rather they give Robinson a new deal, start him at the X and watch him run backwards 2 yards after a 10 yard gain.

I’m going to say this all offseason. **** Sammy Watkins. I appreciate the championship but the dude has no spot on this team.
I’m not happy with him at all either but if we’re talking strictly Watkins v. Robinson at the same price... at least I can trust Watkins to be capable of beating the man across from him IF he is ready to play in big games. I can trust him not to make boneheaded mistake after boneheaded mistake.

Among two meh options, I’ll take Watkins for his upside every time.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:11 AM 02-15-2021
I think we see Tyreek extended, and Mathieu.

Reek has 2 years left on his current deal so there may be no better time to tack on a couple more. I’d rather extend him now at 27 y/o than at 28/29. Can open up some cap space that way.
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 02-15-2021
Watkins is only 27? How is that possible
[Reply]
New World Order 09:14 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Watkins is only 27? How is that possible
Who knows what he is in Reptilian years.
[Reply]
TNTEICHER 09:18 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You should probably prepare yourself for some urine running down your back and leg.
That is just like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:56 AM 02-15-2021
Kansas City general manager Brett Veach said the team would "try" to re-sign unrestricted free agent Sammy Watkins.

Watkins could be a casualty of the league's decreased salary cap after he made $15.8 million in 2020, struggling through a range of injuries that cost him five games and parts of others. "Sammy is a big part of this offense and when he's healthy, we're better," Veach said. "If there's a way we can make it work again, we'll certainly try to do that." ESPN's Adam Teicher said the Chiefs re-signing Watkins this offseason would be a clear indication that the team does not see Mecole Hardman as an every-down wideout. Even if the Chiefs let Watkins walk, Hardman -- who ran costly incorrect routes at least twice in the team's Super Bowl loss -- wouldn't be guaranteed an every-down spot in the KC offense.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 02-15-2021
He’s just such a tease. When he’s healthy, the offense is at its best

He’s just not ever healthy
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:01 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Kansas City general manager Brett Veach said the team would "try" to re-sign unrestricted free agent Sammy Watkins.

Watkins could be a casualty of the league's decreased salary cap after he made $15.8 million in 2020, struggling through a range of injuries that cost him five games and parts of others. "Sammy is a big part of this offense and when he's healthy, we're better," Veach said. "If there's a way we can make it work again, we'll certainly try to do that." ESPN's Adam Teicher said the Chiefs re-signing Watkins this offseason would be a clear indication that the team does not see Mecole Hardman as an every-down wideout. Even if the Chiefs let Watkins walk, Hardman -- who ran costly incorrect routes at least twice in the team's Super Bowl loss -- wouldn't be guaranteed an every-down spot in the KC offense.
Not interested. Unreliable and played 19 snaps after taking a month off in the sb
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:07 AM 02-15-2021
If Sammy wants more than a case of Bud Light and a Subway gift card to come back, he can get 10 kinds of bent
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 AM 02-15-2021
Guys that aren’t elite aren’t getting paid much this off-season. It would be smart if him to take what he can here and try and stay healthy.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:15 AM 02-15-2021
The Chiefs have paid Sammy over $42M over the past three years. He should play for them for the next three years at league minimum or he can leave.
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:23 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Guys that aren’t elite aren’t getting paid much this off-season. It would be smart if him to take what he can here and try and stay healthy.
To the best of my recollection he's been trying to stay healthy every since he was drafted. Me no want.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 319
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up