ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 144
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:05 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Callidus:
I am not saying tanny is a game breaker but he is alex with a big arm at worst. And charles was a great all around back but he is not even near as scary as Henry. Henry might not be the all around back but he decimates and demoralized teams for half the year. Charles got it done no doubt. But no1 thought he would single handedly beat them.

Side note: sorry about the mass of posts in a row by me. Was just catching up to the stuff since I went to work. Don't know you forums stance on this. In the future I will put multiple quotes and responses in one comment ifnthat is how you prefer it. Just let me know.
Is Henry more physically imposing? Sure.

Charles was a terrifying back to face, though. Track speed with great patience and the ability to take any touch the distance. Huge playmaker/gamebreaker.

He single-handedly beat a lot of teams over the prime of his career, including that 2013 season.

Tannehill has more arm than Smith. Won't argue that. But the way they play and are set up by the things around them and can make some plays with their feet is similar.

Hope for your sake your team is smarter about what it pays a QB of that general type than the Chiefs were.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:07 PM 01-17-2020
curious how this is moving the goalposts...
I corrected the other titans fan. And said our redzone d was crap before the playoffs where it has been good but that is only 2 games. Then you compaired tanny and henry to your old scat back and alex smith?

We all know that is a joke. I wont even get into the running backs but saying tanny is anything like Smith is past laughable. Tanny is averaging over 9 yarda a attempt. That is the opposite of Smith even if they are both game managers.
Smith had similar numbers in 2017... His average actually went up in the playoffs... Tanny is only averaging 50% completions with 5.5 per reception in the last two playoff games... This with Henry going off for 180+ in both games.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:12 PM 01-17-2020
curious how this is moving the goalposts...
I corrected the other titans fan. And said our redzone d was crap before the playoffs where it has been good but that is only 2 games. Then you compaired tanny and henry to your old scat back and alex smith?

We all know that is a joke. I wont even get into the running backs but saying tanny is anything like Smith is past laughable. Tanny is averaging over 9 yarda a attempt. That is the opposite of Smith even if they are both game managers.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Smith#2017_season

Originally Posted by :
Overall, in the 2017 season, Smith finished with 4,042 passing yards (8th in the NFL), 26 touchdowns, five interceptions, and a league-leading 104.7 passer rating. In the Wild Card Round against the Tennessee Titans, Smith had 264 passing yards and two touchdowns in the 22–21 defeat.
Most passes to start a season without throwing an interception (287, 2017) - NFL Record
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:18 PM 01-17-2020
Let me try this again. I am not saying our pass rush is good. All I am saying is that we are as good with 4 guys as if we were sending more. Our pressure comes from confusion. Not saying it will work or wont. Just that us sending 5, 6 or even 7 guys is not how we do it most of the time.
Gotcha.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:29 PM 01-17-2020
This man just called Jamaal Charles a scatback.

Can we fucking Romper this idea? My God.
[Reply]
CervezaChill 06:44 PM 01-17-2020
This post might age like milk but more I look into this match up this has all the makings of a routine walk in the park win for the Chiefs. Almost a boring let down for the neutrals watching.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:45 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Smith#2017_season

Most passes to start a season without throwing an interception (287, 2017) - NFL Record
Facts. And shit we didn’t even lose to an elite QB that year in the playoffs. Tightens house money runs out Sunday.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:49 PM 01-17-2020
Imagine thinking Tannehill is better than prime Smith :-)

He isn’t. The dude has thrown 29 passes in two playoff games.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:50 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by CervezaChill:
This post might age like milk but more I look into this match up this has all the makings of a routine walk in the park win for the Chiefs. Almost a boring let down for the neutrals watching.
I don't think it will be a walk in the park. At least initially I think it'll be pretty hard-fought. They're going to throw body blows; we're gonna throw a lot of lightning combos. A football version of Ali vs. Foreman maybe. Should be pretty interesting.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:53 PM 01-17-2020
They’re going to try and punish our offense and go for the strip every time.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:55 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't think it will be a walk in the park. At least initially I think it'll be pretty hard-fought. They're going to throw body blows; we're gonna throw a lot of lightning combos. A football version of Ali vs. Foreman maybe. Should be pretty interesting.
If the same defense that played the Ravens shows up at Arrowhead wearing Tightens uniforms Sunday.... Patrick is gonna go ham. Tits secondary looked pretty bad and got lucky Lamar couldn’t capitalize. So ready for this game!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:00 PM 01-17-2020
It is a matter of perspective. We give up tons of yards in the pass and run game. We do hold teams to relatively low scoring games though. We are the definition of bend but dont break. We have given up point in a few games such as our previous matchup.
Tennessee was 12th in points per game allowed this season.

The Chiefs were 7th in that category.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:01 PM 01-17-2020

Some of our biggest fans are getting us hyped �� pic.twitter.com/erw4VYX8ZG

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 17, 2020

[Reply]
Callidus 07:02 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This man just called Jamaal Charles a scatback.

Can we ****ing Romper this idea? My God.
He was a scat back. That is not a insult. I know he averaged 5ypc over his career and was a great receiving back. But that dosn't change the style he played. I was just saying that Henry is different type of animal. It is like comparing a cheetah to a rhino.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:06 PM 01-17-2020
Ready to unleash on that Tennessee 24th ranked pass defense...

[Reply]
Page 114 of 144
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Up