ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 253 of 270
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 09:13 AM 08-19-2019
Luckily 4-3 LB is an easy position to replace so hopefully they can find something.
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ah, I always forget about Attachou. But he's less of a backup than he is a situational use guy.

I still badly want DoD to make the team because I think he can still replace Lee next season. But he's just done so damn little to suggest he should.

I think I'd roll with 6 right now and that 6 would include DoD, but I'd be looking for a replacement for sure. If a solid candidate emerges on the cut list, I think DoD has used up his equity with me.
He's good on special teams and is a core guy there, so i'm guessing he'll stay for that which is fine I guess.

But he's pretty much reason why i'm not a fan of taking that kind of tweener
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 08-19-2019
And I think Attachou could be a nice little situational pass rusher too. Nothing crazy, but maybe a 4 or 5 sack guy.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:23 AM 08-19-2019
Wow Bengals have 2 rookies ahead of Malik Jefferson on the depth chart. Seems like the new staff doesn’t want him as he’s with the 3rd string.

Yeah..pick the phone up Veach. Malik Jefferson is 6’2” 236 lbs and ran a 4.52 with 27 bench reps.

Buy low on a guy like him and have 3 years of control of his rookie contract.

That’s a hell of a lot better than Ragland and Neimann.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:34 AM 08-19-2019
As much as I hate to see Kemp out, if we survive pre-season with him as our biggest casualty, everyone probably would’ve taken that deal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:35 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wow Bengals have 2 rookies ahead of Malik Jefferson on the depth chart. Seems like the new staff doesn’t want him as he’s with the 3rd string.

Yeah..pick the phone up Veach. Malik Jefferson is 6’2” 236 lbs and ran a 4.52 with 27 bench reps.

One thing we can say with confidence - IF the staff thinks Jefferson is as good a fit as you do, Veach will absolutely make that phonecall.

That's been the nice thing about him (and yes, Dorsey). They're constantly looking to improve the bottom of the roster instead of populate it with 'their' guys.

If Jefferson is available and Spags wants him, Veach won't hesitate to make a call. I mean hell, the Bengals muffed a couple of kicks against us - why wouldn't you discuss a Tremon Smith/Malik Jefferson swap? I suspect they're content w/ Atkins/Billings in the middle but Xavier Williams might provide depth they'd rather have there than at ILB.

The WR Depth 'problem' has largely resolved itself, IMO and we don't have any real OL depth to trade away. I can't imagine the DE depth will really interest them when they're still looking to get Lawson back out there.

But there might be a way to do this without involving picks. The good news is that I have confidence in this management team to do it if it makes sense rather than simply pass because they're too committed to their failed acquisitions.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:36 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
As much as I hate to see Kemp out, if we survive pre-season with him as our biggest casualty, everyone probably would’ve taken that deal.
Probably, luckily it's a position of depth.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:41 AM 08-19-2019
I don't know if it's been discussed here but Tremon Smith looks as good as done with this team. He had four special team snaps against the Steelers and no other snap.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:45 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I don't know if it's been discussed here but Tremon Smith looks as good as done with this team. He had four special team snaps against the Steelers and no other snap.
If they think they're going to cut him they may be trying to not show him to everyone else, that shit happens too. That or he's secure enough that they don't feel they need to play him.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:49 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If they think they're going to cut him they may be trying to not show him to everyone else, that shit happens too. That or he's secure enough that they don't feel they need to play him.
How would they keep a player just for special team purposes? Smith wasn't good at CB and from the little I have seen, he might be just as bad or worse at RB.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:50 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

:-)
[Reply]
nychief 09:52 AM 08-19-2019
we should be looking for new CBs on other rosters.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:55 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
we should be looking for new CBs on other rosters.
Yea the problem there is I don't know that there is a thinner position group in the NFL.

CB and RB there doesn't seem to be a huge pool of talent in the NFL.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:59 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
How would they keep a player just for special team purposes? Smith wasn't good at CB and from the little I have seen, he might be just as bad or worse at RB.
Lots of teams do it, there are plenty of guys that literally just return kicks.
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 08-19-2019
With teams kicking it into the endzone, why even dick with a KR?
[Reply]
Page 253 of 270
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263 > Last »
Up