ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 40
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The logic of drafting OT in the 1st.
Direckshun 01:23 PM 01-21-2021
What we know about this team is that it typically likes to fill its roster out as much as possible in free agency and then spend its highest picks on potential replacements for job openings a year down the road, and that includes Veach.

I doubt I even need to run down the list but:

2020: CEH --> Williams
2019: Hardman --> Hill/Watkins
2018: Speaks --> Ford/Houston
2017: Mahomes --> Smith

Fisher will be on the last year of his contract, and most of us suspect Schwartz retiring.

The Chiefs obviously like Niang but going OT 1st gives them the options:It just seems like the kind of move that gives them the flexibility in future decisions that they like to have.

I'd rather they go DE, even if it means trading up for one. But based on what we know, OT could ostensibly solve up to two different OL spots in 2021 and gives them all kinds of options in 2022 based on how 2021 goes.
[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The problem is, when you look at who’s drafting ahead of us, there’s a few picks where a run on OT’s could/should occur.

The Redskins, Bears, and Colts all need a T and are picking back to back to back in the early 20’s. Then there are some teams like the Steelers and Bills who could also be taking a T.

Ultimately, that’s where I think those guys go.

I still think WR or DE is where the value will be at in round 1.
Yeah, thats true.

I wouldn't be upset at looking around and trading a pick for an established LT. Not necessarily a high pick, but wiht the cap issues, if we can get it under control we could make a move of someone looking to move on.
[Reply]
In58men 10:59 AM 02-09-2021
Hearing multiple teams interested in Ravens Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown, who has permission to seek a trade. Based on level of interest, good chance a trade that makes sense for all parties comes together. Brown has strong relationship w/Ravens, who would want value for him.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, thats true.

I wouldn't be upset at looking around and trading a pick for an established LT. Not necessarily a high pick, but wiht the cap issues, if we can get it under control we could make a move of someone looking to move on.
Yea I think that’s something they will consider as opposed to having Niang and another rookie.

But I agree it would be awesome to have Cosmi and Niang.

I think there are 4 day 2 T’s that are good fits though.

Dillon Radunz, North Dakota St.- Looked very good at the Senior Bowl and surprised people in comparison to his 2019 tape. Would likely require a trade up, but it’s possibly he makes it to 63.

Walker Little, Stanford- 1st round caliber prospect that had a injury in 2019 and opted out of 2020. Would be a perfect fit scheme wise.

James Hudson, Cincinnati- Still learning to play T after moving over from DT, but this guy has great athleticism and movement skills for the position.

D’Ante Smith, East Carolina- Another guy that shocked people at the Senior Bowl. He was dominant in 1 on 1 drills.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:09 AM 02-09-2021
I just wish I knew what their plan was for Niang. Is he a guard? Is he the future RT? LT?

And what fuck are we doing with Rankin?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:15 AM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea I think that’s something they will consider as opposed to having Niang and another rookie.

But I agree it would be awesome to have Cosmi and Niang.

I think there are 4 day 2 T’s that are good fits though.

Dillon Radunz, North Dakota St.- Looked very good at the Senior Bowl and surprised people in comparison to his 2019 tape. Would likely require a trade up, but it’s possibly he makes it to 63.

Walker Little, Stanford- 1st round caliber prospect that had a injury in 2019 and opted out of 2020. Would be a perfect fit scheme wise.

James Hudson, Cincinnati- Still learning to play T after moving over from DT, but this guy has great athleticism and movement skills for the position.

D’Ante Smith, East Carolina- Another guy that shocked people at the Senior Bowl. He was dominant in 1 on 1 drills.

Adrian Ealy is also a good developmental fit. Needs a year or two but has the tools to be a high-level guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I just wish I knew what their plan was for Niang. Is he a guard? Is he the future RT? LT?

Yea, there are just so many question marks on the OL.

On top of where do they see Niang playing:

When will Fisher be back? Is he still in their long term plans?

Is Schwartz going to retire?

Do they even want LDT back?

Are they going to let Reiter walk like we expect?

Do they see Allegretti as the future starter at C? If not, do they just pencil him in at LG again?

It’s way too early to have any idea what is going to happen to the OL.
[Reply]
In58men 11:19 AM 02-09-2021
I bet Kilgore and Stefan both retire.
[Reply]
O.city 12:12 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Hearing multiple teams interested in Ravens Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown, who has permission to seek a trade. Based on level of interest, good chance a trade that makes sense for all parties comes together. Brown has strong relationship w/Ravens, who would want value for him.
Would it take a 3rd to get it done?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:14 PM 02-09-2021
Doubtful. He’s 25 and better than average.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:15 PM 02-09-2021
Lol no. They'll want a first.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 02-09-2021
Is there a chance Cosmi falls to 31?
No. Maybe 1 in a 1000. He's a top 15 prospect right now so unless one of the other guys moves up past him, he's not getting to 31. Most places have him going to the Chargers at 13.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:16 PM 02-09-2021

Right now, all we have to go on is that Veach said Niang was going to be a guard to start with. Who knows now.
[Reply]
O.city 12:20 PM 02-09-2021
Doubtful. He’s 25 and better than average.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Lol no. They'll want a first.
No way. I’d guess a 2nd maybe

But he’ll if you feel like he’s a legit long term LT (or rt) send them 31
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:25 PM 02-09-2021

If it takes a 2nd....then I’m doing that in a heartbeat. But there are 29 other teams who have a higher pick in the 2nd round that could make that deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 02-09-2021

They're going to want a 1st. Bank on it.

If Jamaal Adams is worth two 1sts, a starting LT of his quality is worth at least one.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 40
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up