ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Darwin Award WInner - Tries to stop .50 cal with encyclopedia
Ming the Merciless 06:17 PM 06-28-2017
http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...ank/431313063/

Originally Posted by :
Minnesota woman charged with fatally shooting boyfriend in failed YouTube video stunt

A 19-year-old woman shot at a book her boyfriend was holding against his chest, killing him at close range outside their northwestern Minnesota home in what was a video-recorded stunt gone awry, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday.
Monalisa Perez was charged with second-degree manslaughter in Norman County District Court and remains in a regional jail in Crookston in connection with the shooting Monday night in Halstad of 22-year-old Pedro Ruiz III.
Perez, who is pregnant, appeared from the jail by video at a Norman County court proceeding Wednesday. She posted $7,000 cash bail and was released late Wednesday afternoon.
Ruiz held up the book — described by County Attorney James Brue as a hardcover encyclopedia — and Perez pulled the trigger on a .50-caliber Desert Eagle pistol, trying to see whether the bullet would go through, according to the criminal complaint.

[Reply]
Frazod 12:04 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Frazod tried that but used a refrigerator.
:-)

That might go through a couple of refrigerators. I've shot one of those before. That's a serious round.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:46 AM 06-29-2017
Not that the desert eagle is much smarter, but when I read the thread title, I thought it was talking about

[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:53 AM 06-29-2017
Dumbass people. Shooting at another person to get LIKES on YOUTUBE. Fucking stupid.

the world we live in.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:03 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Frazod tried that but used a refrigerator.
That doesn't always work either.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:04 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Nickel D:
Stupid was as stupid did.
FYP
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:02 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Spott:
This isn't going to help his career as a door to door encyclopedia salesman.
Joke fail.

Originally Posted by Rain Man:
When you look up stupid in the encyclopedia, you don't see a picture of him because there's a big bullet hole in it.
Better.

Originally Posted by 65TPT:
At least she was smart enough to try it out on a dummy first.
Winner.
[Reply]
Rooster 08:23 AM 06-29-2017
Not that it would have mattered but I wonder what volume he used. The 'Z' volume is pretty thin.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:24 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Rooster:
Not that it would have mattered but I wonder what volume he used. The 'Z' volume is pretty thin.
:-) This place is the best
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:26 AM 06-29-2017
Natural selection at its finest.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:27 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Better.
Did you pick up on the subtext second-level joke about the World Bank? You have to peel back the layers on my jokes to fully appreciate them.
[Reply]
beach tribe 09:41 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That's a big ol' pistol. Maybe her mistake was using a volume that's smaller, like Q, when she should have used something thick like the M volume.

It drives me nuts when people say "uhhh" every three words.

Could you imagine watching the video you made, hearing yourself say "uhh" 100 times and telling Bubba Jr:

"Nailed it!. Put that thang up on the you tubes!"
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:10 AM 06-29-2017
Throw the book at her.
[Reply]
Stinger 10:20 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Throw the book at her.
After shooting it there is not that much left.....
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:49 AM 06-29-2017
If he had read said encyclopedia he would be alive today.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:55 AM 06-29-2017
On a physics note, I'm curious about the ability to hold an encyclopedia that's being shot by a .50 caliber bullet. Even if the encyclopedia could stop the bullet, it seems like you'd come out of it with two fractured thumbs and a massive encyclopedia-shaped bruise on your chest. Could a person really hang onto a book in that situation?

I recognize that they probably weren't thinking that far ahead, so this question isn't about the people involved. It's a physics question.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up