ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 NFL Draft Tidbits
O.city 09:42 AM 03-19-2019
It's getting closer so I figure we could move some draft talk to the Lounge.

Charles Robinson usually has some good tidbits on stuff so heres a thread on some stuff he's hearing.

#NFL draft notes thread...

1. Evaluators are anxious to see #Alabama safety Deionte Thompson at today's pro day. There were concerns about his weight coming out of the combine (195 vs. 180ish in season). His speed/weight has left his overall report up in limbo for some teams.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:22 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Have you seen the Jeffery Simmons video? I see zero chance that the Chiefs will take him.
What did he do and when? An does he have a history of repeat run-ins?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:26 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Why are Chiefs fans so fucking concerned with off-field issues? Unless someone has done something that will put them in prison, I really don't give a fuck. The Simmons incident happened when he was In highschool. He was a damn kid. Nothing since then has happened so If the Chiefs decide to take him then that's fine with me. Mixon was seen on tape beating up a woman WHEN HE WAS IN COLLEGE. He still got drafted though and hasn't been a problem. Simmons is a top ten talent that could fall into our hands due to his injury. Veach would be stupid not to consider him.
Oh look, the white knight piece of shit is still here.
[Reply]
Shoes 03:27 PM 04-06-2019
Simmons is interesting- great talent but with the team in win now mode it is hard to spend your first rounder on a guy who will be rehabbing his knee until November/December. Especially with the defense having a lot of uncertainty coming into the season.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:33 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Oh look, the white knight piece of shit is still here.
HELLO HATER!!!...MISS ME? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Urc Burry 03:40 PM 04-06-2019
Have you seen the Jeffery Simmons video? I see zero chance that the Chiefs will take him.
I don’t think there is a great chance we take him for that reason. But from everything I’ve read about him he was defending his sister, I believe. And teams feel really comfortable with him now. That and KC brought him in for a visit. So the interest is there

I just think his potential is through the roof. He’s probably a top 10 pick if he didn’t get injured. And I like him a lot better than Tillery
[Reply]
neech 04:12 PM 04-06-2019
Why are Chiefs fans so fucking concerned with off-field issues? Unless someone has done something that will put them in prison, I really don't give a fuck. The Simmons incident happened when he was In highschool. He was a damn kid. Nothing since then has happened so If the Chiefs decide to take him then that's fine with me. Mixon was seen on tape beating up a woman WHEN HE WAS IN COLLEGE. He still got drafted though and hasn't been a problem. Simmons is a top ten talent that could fall into our hands due to his injury. Veach would be stupid not to consider him.

Wash your mouth out with soap young man.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:31 PM 04-06-2019
Just watched the Simmons video.

wow.

Terrible look for whoever drafts him.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:38 PM 04-06-2019
I don't think that the reason for the video or any extenuating circumstances matter. If the woman was trying to stab him it wouldn't matter. If she was a suicide bomber heading into an orphanage it wouldn't matter. It's 2019 and Kareem Hunt was cut for a drunken scuffle and Tyreek Hill is having to fend off every screaming citizen of Salem, Massachusetts. Given our unique situation, I think the fact that there's an awful-looking video of Simmons repeatedly punching a woman on the ground is going to take him off the Chiefs' draft board.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:18 PM 04-06-2019
I don't think that the reason for the video or any extenuating circumstances matter. If the woman was trying to stab him it wouldn't matter. If she was a suicide bomber heading into an orphanage it wouldn't matter. It's 2019 and Kareem Hunt was cut for a drunken scuffle and Tyreek Hill is having to fend off every screaming citizen of Salem, Massachusetts. Given our unique situation, I think the fact that there's an awful-looking video of Simmons repeatedly punching a woman on the ground is going to take him off the Chiefs' draft board.
The fact is every time someone who doesn't have a "clean" past is brought up, you have folks running on here talking about it and almost hoping that we don't get the talent. IMO it's stupid. What do folks want exactly? The NFL to be a church league where no-one who has sinned can play? Folks need to decide if they want the Chiefs to win a damn title or they just want a "good guy" team that won't get us anywhere.

Your point also doesn't add up because if Simmons was off the board the Chiefs wouldn't invite him in for a private workout, it's just that simple. IF he falls to us (and tbh I'd be surprised if he did but the injury, more than the tape, is what may do it) then I firmly believe he will be picked and I for one would be happy with it. I'm not gonna judge the kid for the rest of his life over something that didn't affect me personally. He's a good player and I want the Chiefs to get good players, full stop.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:45 PM 04-06-2019
The fact is every time someone who doesn't have a "clean" past is brought up, you have folks running on here talking about it and almost hoping that we don't get the talent. IMO it's stupid. What do folks want exactly? The NFL to be a church league where no-one who has sinned can play? Folks need to decide if they want the Chiefs to win a damn title or they just want a "good guy" team that won't get us anywhere.

Your point also doesn't add up because if Simmons was off the board the Chiefs wouldn't invite him in for a private workout, it's just that simple. IF he falls to us (and tbh I'd be surprised if he did but the injury, more than the tape, is what may do it) then I firmly believe he will be picked and I for one would be happy with it. I'm not gonna judge the kid for the rest of his life over something that didn't affect me personally. He's a good player and I want the Chiefs to get good players, full stop.
What we want is to lessen the chance or chances GREATLY that some kid with too much money and time on his hands is going to do something completely fucking stupid and get yanked from the team as we're heading in to the final stretch of the season.

This kid will get a look ONLY because he is potential top level talent that is going to fall in to the gutter rounds, and that's it. It's a value thing and nothing more.

Now, where does the line exist? If you have a known and recorded history of being a violent or sexual offender, then you don't belong on the draft board. If you like to smoke weed or have a DUI, then we shouldn't give a fuck about those things.

Do you understand the differences now? Do you understand the difference between "not a choir-boy" and "high risk sociopath"?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:51 PM 04-06-2019
How many Superbowls can Mahomes win on his rookie contract? Simmons is for the Superbowl run next year. He's a top 5 talent that could pair with Chris Jones and just destroy QB's.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:56 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
What we want is to lessen the chance or chances GREATLY that some kid with too much money and time on his hands is going to do something completely ****ing stupid and get yanked from the team as we're heading in to the final stretch of the season.

This kid will get a look ONLY because he is potential top level talent that is going to fall in to the gutter rounds, and that's it. It's a value thing and nothing more.

Now, where does the line exist? If you have a known and recorded history of being a violent or sexual offender, then you don't belong on the draft board. If you like to smoke weed or have a DUI, then we shouldn't give a **** about those things.

Do you understand the differences now? Do you understand the difference between "not a choir-boy" and "high risk sociopath"?
What someone has done in highschool doesn't mean sh/t to me. Now IF the player has a consistent record of violence and is a threat to go to jail because of it? Then fair enough, stay away. But folks love to hold on to one incident and will judge that person forever even though they were a kid when it happened. It's stupid imo. Even with Tyreek he was still a damn teenager when that happened and yet folks still talk about it despite him being back with his girlfriend.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:00 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
How many Superbowls can Mahomes win on his rookie contract? Simmons is for the Superbowl run next year. He's a top 5 talent that could pair with Chris Jones and just destroy QB's.
EXACTLY!!!..
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:00 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by neech:
Wash your mouth out with soap young man.
LOL pardon me sir :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:09 PM 04-06-2019

I'm not saying that it's fair or that I agree with it. I tend to think that off-field things shouldn't matter other than the risk that they'll affect on-field availability. But in the modern world an old video has a potential impact on his availability in the future, and I think the Chiefs aren't going to take on a third guy who's got this type of offense in his past.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up