ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 70
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
whoman69 05:06 PM 12-28-2011
I liked the ode to Narnia, but I'm starting to dislike the Matt Smith doctor. He's just too menacing. Its no wonder that such a large group of people wanted to kill him.
[Reply]
Jawshco 01:29 AM 12-29-2011
I'd like to see Matt Smith have at least one season without the Ponds. They, like Rose, dominated too much of this Doctor's run on the show. I'M hoping that River goes away as well or is used very sparingly. I'd rather see Craig as the companion than her. Heck I'd rather the alternate dimension open up and bring back Rose than see more River.

Glad that Moffat is quitting soon. He's a great writer, but I don't think the show has been as fun with him at the helm. Not sure how I feel abouts Toby Whithouse running DW, but he did well with Being Human. He writes great characters, but I'm afraid he'd steer too much to the Dark and dower side of DW, and I've had enough of that with Moffat.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:43 AM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Also, that was a good christmas special. Way better then last year. Think the doctors best acting.
No way. It was good this year, but last year was great.
[Reply]
Jawshco 01:47 AM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by whoman69:
I liked the ode to Narnia, but I'm starting to dislike the Matt Smith doctor. He's just too menacing. Its no wonder that such a large group of people wanted to kill him.
There were certain Moffat moments in the Christmas special that made no sense (requiring total suspension of logic & child-like trust in the Moff), but it was a surprisingly simple and uplifting story which isn't usually characteristic of most DW Specials. That was a nice change- as was the lesser amounts of Ponds & Rivers. Matt's doctor is great with kids. I'd love to see his next companion be a bit younger. Seeing this Doctor and the dangers he faces through the eyes of a kid might amplify the excitement and give the show a freshness- The Doctor & Short Round. Ha!
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:54 AM 12-29-2011
Oh god. The doctor with a child companion would be the end for me. I hate kids, and I hate any episode that involves kids.
[Reply]
bevischief 06:56 AM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Anybody watch the Proms special? I'd love to have been able to take my wife/kids to that performance. Really well done IMHO.
They made a 2nd one?
[Reply]
vailpass 05:48 PM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by Jawshco:
I'd like to see Matt Smith have at least one season without the Ponds. They, like Rose, dominated too much of this Doctor's run on the show. I'M hoping that River goes away as well or is used very sparingly. I'd rather see Craig as the companion than her. Heck I'd rather the alternate dimension open up and bring back Rose than see more River.

Glad that Moffat is quitting soon. He's a great writer, but I don't think the show has been as fun with him at the helm. Not sure how I feel abouts Toby Whithouse running DW, but he did well with Being Human. He writes great characters, but I'm afraid he'd steer too much to the Dark and dower side of DW, and I've had enough of that with Moffat.
Aren't these the highest rated Dr. Who episodes ever? In part that popularity has to be attributed to the writing being less "nerdy".
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:21 PM 02-10-2012

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:42 PM 02-23-2012

[Reply]
Valiant 12:52 PM 02-23-2012
I can't see the vids on my phone but.

They are doing a comicbook crossover.

Doctor/picard/tng vs. Cybermen/borg
[Reply]
Valiant 12:56 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
No way. It was good this year, but last year was great.
We will have to disagree.

I have nodded off or turned the dvr off each time it has been on. Story nor acting did enthrall me. But if you loved it. Cool, each his own.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:26 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I can't see the vids on my phone but.

They are doing a comicbook crossover.

Doctor/picard/tng vs. Cybermen/borg
Yeah, that was the pic I posted a couple weeks ago.

I still haven't watched the christmas special. Just been sitting on my DVR for 2 months.
[Reply]
bevischief 09:06 AM 03-09-2012
http://www.denofgeek.com/television/..._7_update.html

Doctor Who series 7 update

Simon Brew

A few new details have been revealed about Doctor Who series 7, including the reveal of a new guest star…

Published on Mar 7, 2012

More news continues to come in regarding the currently-filming seventh series of Doctor Who since it was revived.

Firstly, then, a new guest star has been confirmed. As reported in the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine, Farscape’s Ben Browder is the latest addition to the cast. He’s going to appear in the third episode of the new run, which is the story written by Toby Whithouse.

And when Whithouse mentioned the other week that he’d been given a genre nobody had given him before, it seems he wasn’t kidding: the story is set to take place in the wild west. Look out for Doc Brown and the DeLorean, we say.

That's the episode that's shooting right now, we understand, and it's actually Spain that's doubling up for the wild west.

Meanwhile, we also now know that Chris Chibnall’s episode in the new series run will be the second. That's the one that will guest star Mark Williams, Rupert Graves and David Bradley.

That means Steven Moffat is up first, Chibnall second, and Whithouse third. It should get things off to an interesting start.

More news on Doctor Who series 7 when we get it…
[Reply]
vailpass 01:25 PM 03-09-2012
"Doctor Who Magazine"? really? :-)
[Reply]
Jawshco 01:52 PM 03-09-2012
I ride horses now. Horses are cool.

[Reply]
Page 19 of 70
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up