ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 26
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
DomCasual 04:51 PM 08-20-2019
You're good people, Red. Keep up the fight!
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 04:55 PM 08-20-2019
So much love in this thread! All the shit talk aside, it's proof of how awesome (and caring) the CP community is.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:59 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Smoke weed instead!
I was going to say replace it with another habit like pimping or something.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:01 PM 08-20-2019
Best wishes to you, my friend.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:02 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by :
This message has been deleted by SAUTO. Reason: Sorry but it was an ass hole post
Give me a fucking break. SR gets my sense of humor.

:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 05:09 PM 08-20-2019
We care about you SR. You're one of the sweetest guys here.

I hope you have the resources and community where you are to help aide you in your recovery.

Keep updating the thread and let us know how you're doing as time goes on
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:14 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I was going to say replace it with another habit like pimping or something.
Yeah, I'm a fan of the "find something to replace it with" plan.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:14 PM 08-20-2019
It happens. A lot of us have been there.

I was an over half a pack a day smoker for over ten years. When I found out my daughter was on the way, I quit on a dime full out cold turkey without any patches or gum or Chantix or anything.

Fuck was it hard, but I'm glad I did it. I still struggle with it because there are times where I think, "man, shit. A nice fresh smooth Turkish Royal would be so nice" after eating a big meal. Doesn't happen frequently but when it does it's like wow, ain't that some shit

Big thing is don't dwell on the times you've stopped and failed, how long you've been drinking or that it's going to be hard. People are great because if we're determined, dangit we'll figure something out.

Don't beat yourself up if you have a relapse. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and say okay let's do it again. It's always about what direction you're headed and not where you've came from.

You got it and can always PM me if you're struggling.

Main thing for me was just focusing on things that made me happy and focusing on what I wanted. Breathing is pretty cool and good, not reeking like an ashtray for my daughter was another big thing. It's also nice being sick less.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:15 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Give me a fucking break. SR gets my sense of humor.

:-)
No big deal buddy. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:17 PM 08-20-2019
We’re all battling something... keep this new spirit, and you’ll be fine
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:24 PM 08-20-2019
SR - I dont know what your perceived level of alcoholism is but in my case I drink a lot of beer but dont feel like its a problem. I can go several days to weeks without one, I just choose not to because I love the taste. I did however quit for a couple months recently to lose weight. Knocked off 20 pounds, making no other changes to my diet/exercise. I then started drinking beer again and put 5 of it back on fairly quickly and I'm afraid it's going to keep going up unless I quit again.

I guess my point is, if you need another motivational tool to stop just think of the weight you'll lose...not that you need to of course. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:25 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
SR - I dont know what your perceived level of alcoholism is but in my case I drink a lot of beer but dont feel like its a problem. I can go several days to weeks without one, I just choose not to because I love the taste. I did however quit for a couple months recently to lose weight. Knocked off 20 pounds, making no other changes to my diet/exercise. I then started drinking beer again and put 5 of it back on fairly quickly and I'm afraid it's going to keep going up unless I quit again.

I guess my point is, if you need another motivational tool to stop just think of the weight you'll lose...not that you need to of course. :-)
yeah I'd like to get back down to a 33 - i am now a 36
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:30 PM 08-20-2019
Good luck SR. We're all rooting for you.
[Reply]
In58men 05:36 PM 08-20-2019
I love you!!!!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:42 PM 08-20-2019
You got to be more decisive about your decision. If you are going to quit then do it and don't leave the door open to drinking ever again. Otherwise, as you know from personal experience, it will probably get you in a weak moment.. Might be a year from now, might be five years, might be ten-years or it might be a day but you'll probably drink again.

Good luck. You can do it bro!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 26
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up