ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 26
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
VAChief 07:52 PM 08-24-2019
Best wishes SR!
[Reply]
scho63 08:14 PM 08-24-2019
Life is never a straight line......

Find a way to come back from the dips
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:57 AM 08-25-2019
Make today a great day everybody. Get in a workout, go fishing , take a nap, rub one out , run over a pit bull. Just do something to make today a great day.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:18 AM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I know you were into working out for a while. For many with addictive personalities, this can be a lifelong healthy choice.

Once you start seeing positive changes in your body, along with the endorphin rush of working out, it's a positive change for your entire life and CAN replace some of those feelings/cravings you get for booze.

I've seen many a drug addict or alcoholic replace substance with exercise. It's not all you'll have to do, but it's a good place to start along with counseling and/or classes.
This is what happened to me the last six months.

not only booze , but coffee, soda, etc.

I'm just eating healthier overall, just no cravings for crap food.

I'm 57 and in the best shape of my life.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:27 AM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
This is what happened to me the last six months.

not only booze , but coffee, soda, etc.

I'm just eating healthier overall, just no cravings for crap food.

I'm 57 and in the best shape of my life.
Hit me up if you need workout ideas. I used to personal train and have my BS in Health and Human Performance.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:31 AM 08-25-2019
It's like smoking, it goes hand-in-hand with talking on the phone, driving a car, drinking a beer. When I finally quit smoking, chain smoker for 35 years, in 2006 my taste for drinking went away as well. Now I'll have a draft beer or two once a week, or mainly Sangria out of box once a week. I usually play music, concert videos to be exact, on Friday nights and that's when I have a drink. With a 75" TV and killer surround it's better than being at a real show. Otherwise, the other six days a week I don't even think about a drink. Big difference from when I was in my 30's and 40's.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:34 AM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hit me up if you need workout ideas. I used to personal train and have my BS in Health and Human Performance.
Thanks ..I am doing ok so far
Attached: IMG_20190819_205748944~2.jpg (79.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Otter 09:37 AM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Make today a great day everybody. Get in a workout, go fishing , take a nap, rub one out , run over a pit bull. Just do something to make today a great day.
I was going to watch "In Bruges" on Netflix today but decided I'm going to run over a pitbull while doing pushups on a motorcycle I'm steering with my tounge while doubling the speed limit. :-)

Thank You Hog!
[Reply]
Otter 09:40 AM 08-25-2019
Thanks ..I am doing ok so far ...temp pic
You're looking like a rock star!
[Reply]
stevieray 10:09 AM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
You're looking like a rock star!
Aprpreciate it, point is ..with discipline you can achieve your goals. Many times my energy level was really low, but I still went to the gym.

You HAVE to trudge through to get to the other side.

SR is going to be fine, IMO.
[Reply]
scho63 11:33 AM 08-25-2019
I think it's YOU who needs to give Lewdog the pointers and training help. He's looking flabby and soft these days! :-)

I think being a Daddy has given him a Dad body. :-)

Great job on the fitness.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:18 PM 08-25-2019
Dang. Nice work!

You’re gonna get DenverChief to post in this thread!

Originally Posted by scho63:
I think it's YOU who needs to give Lewdog the pointers and training help. He's looking flabby and soft these days! :-)

I think being a Daddy has given him a Dad body. :-)

Great job on the fitness.
I’m gonna beat the shit out of you next time we meet.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 02:36 PM 08-25-2019
Stay Strong SR!!!
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:52 PM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
Stay Strong SR!!!
<3 you hun - tyvm! Doing well! Hope you are too! Good to see your face.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:16 PM 08-25-2019
so... you completely cut out boulevard wheat?! Now that's fucking courage.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 12 of 26
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up