ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:27 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Red, it may take a couple of days for the insomnia and anxiety to go away. You can try a natural sleep supplement, like Melatonin, and see if that helps.

The best thing is waking up in the morning with a clear head and not feeling like shit...and for me, not having the runs. :-)
I wouldn't take the Melatonin too often or in a prolonged manner but only temporarily. It's a hormone. If he's older like late 50's or 60's they lose some of it and need it.

I'm not saying it's addictive but it does have some side effects like making depression worse. You can't operate machinery or drive for 4 or 5 hours after taking it.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/in...-940/melatonin

Some other guidelines for using. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...p-does-it-work

I use it for specific times like—to adjust my sleep-wake cycle when flying, a special schedule where I have to get up earlier than usual for adjusting to a time zone.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 09:33 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Back the fuck off, that's my line!!!!
:-) thought of you typing that. Surprised I beat you to it
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:42 AM 08-23-2019
How're you doing SR?
[Reply]
burt 09:57 AM 08-23-2019
SR,

Sleeping yet? I haven't been able to... AND been crankier than usual.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:00 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
If I ever see you with a drink in hand, I’ll grab it from you and chug it down....just for you!

Seriously though, nothing wrong with not drinking, and those that are real friends will respect you for who you are, not how much you drink. No shame in talking with friends and family about it, and they will help you through anything. If you feel the urge, just find somebody to talk to....you can do it!
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:11 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
How're you doing SR?
Originally Posted by burt:
SR,

Sleeping yet? I haven't been able to... AND been crankier than usual.
Each night is improving by one hour - the anxiety was gone day 2 - I find it odd because I didn't drink everyday many times and had no sleeping issues.

But the last month or so - I drank every day so - IDK - but yeah - Hoping for a full night's rest tonight.
[Reply]
eDave 03:14 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Each night is improving by one hour - the anxiety was gone day 2 - I find it odd because I didn't drink everyday many times and had no sleeping issues.

But the last month or so - I drank every day so - IDK - but yeah - Hoping for a full night's rest tonight.
You will be sleeping 24 hours a day in no time man. That's awesome!
[Reply]
Stewie 05:15 PM 08-23-2019
Another post about your drinking problem? It's been ongoing for many, many years. We can't help you with your problem. Get real help and don't be an attention whore on a Chiefs bulletin board.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:23 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Another post about your drinking problem? It's been ongoing for many, many years. We can't help you with your problem. Get real help and don't be an attention whore on a Chiefs bulletin board.
Shut up faggot
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:30 PM 08-23-2019
Okay thanks. Hopefully you'll post on being a shitty poster, it's been ongoing for many many years. We can't help you with your problem. Get real help and don't keep torturing us on here, when you bring absolutely nothing to the board. Literally I usually skip right over your posts without reading, because you've become so irrelevant. But I will not let you interlope in this thread, nor will most of the board.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:31 PM 08-23-2019
By the way - Stewie has a drinking problem and can't control nor admit it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:34 PM 08-23-2019

https://youtu.be/jO7VJbbd4z0
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:34 PM 08-23-2019
So whats your plan? did i miss it?
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:36 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So whats your plan? did i miss it?
yes.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:06 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990: