ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Gordon Wants a New Contract or Out of the Chargers
thabear04 08:18 AM 07-11-2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebigl...act-trade/amp/

Melvin Gordon, entering his fifth season in the NFL and thus still on his rookie deal, is dissatisfied with his contract with the Los Angeles Chargers and is taking those frustrations public:

Los Angeles running back Melvin Gordon has informed the Chargers that unless he receives a new contract, he will not report to training camp and he will demand a trade, his agent Fletcher Smith told ESPN.

Elite backs in the NFL persistently face this issue. The five-year deals for first round picks lock them in at below market wages, and then when they hit their mid to late twenties the teams say they are nearing the end of their useful lives. Last year, Gordon missed four games with an injured knee, but when he was playing he averaged over five yards per carry. Gordon is slated to make $5.6 million this season.

Off the top of my head, if they could make the compensation work the Packers would be a great fit for Gordon. He is from and played college football at Wisconsin, and is the threat to catch passes out of the backfield that Aaron Rodgers has been sorely lacking.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:01 PM 07-26-2019
The only way you are ever going to see this change is if they introduce salary caps for each position.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:10 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's friends with Bell and thinks Bell did the right thing.....

I get the stances here, Gordon will never have more leverage than he does right now, the Chargers don't want to pay a RB with questionable knees...

The thing is the Chargers window is closing and if they don't pay him they likely **** themselves and close that window..it's a double edged sword.

Gordon and Elliot have the most leverage right now, hence what they are doing.
Sure, play the leverage if they think they have it... just don't be shocked when teams balk.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:12 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Sure, play the leverage if they think they have it... just don't be shocked when teams balk.
They can but usually teams cave and pay the guys.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:16 PM 07-26-2019
They can but usually teams cave and pay the guys.
We shall see... Gordon missed time with an injury last year and while only 26, this may be his one shot at a big new deal. Sorta the same with Zeke, he needs to quit putting himself in weird situations. This isn't the early 90s era for RBs.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:17 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
We shall see... Gordon missed time with an injury last year and while only 26, this may be his one shot at a big new deal. Sorta the same with Zeke, he needs to quit putting himself in weird situations. This isn't the early 90s era for RBs.
I think Elliot will get paid, Dak isn't good enough to win without him, the Cowboys know this.

Gordon I dunno, the Chargers make weird decisions a lot and well Rivers is on his last legs.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:28 PM 07-26-2019
I think Elliot will get paid, Dak isn't good enough to win without him, the Cowboys know this.

Gordon I dunno, the Chargers make weird decisions a lot and well Rivers is on his last legs.
Zeke just can't go 7 months without something weird happening though, I'd be cautious...
[Reply]
staylor26 04:07 PM 08-21-2019
https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/...%3Ft%3D2778021

Originally Posted by :
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
At this point, #Chargers RB Melvin Gordon’s holdout is expected to continue into the season, sources say. Contract talks have not progressed as he hoped, and he’ll continue to train in Florida for the foreseeable future.

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:15 PM 08-21-2019
Man, talk about someone WILDLY overplaying their hand.

That's why you don't hire Damarius Dildo as your agent.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:09 PM 08-21-2019
Hope he pulls a Leveon and holds out the whole season!
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:23 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Hope he pulls a Leveon and holds out the whole season!
He needs to get credit for the season or he will still have 2 years left on his deal I think
[Reply]
Buckweath 05:24 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
He needs to get credit for the season or he will still have 2 years left on his deal I think
He has got one year left on his rookie contract and he must return before something like game 8 to accrue the season.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:25 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
This.

His hold out is beyond dumb. He's gonna play at some point this season. The Chargers know that. He knows that. His agent knows that.

But he thinks he's a top back, man. And can't no one tell him otherwise.
[Reply]
Bump 05:30 PM 08-21-2019
Sorry running backs, the league has changed the rules so much that you aren't really that valuable anymore. Should have got good at corner or pass rusher instead!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:13 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Sorry running backs, the league has changed the rules so much that you aren't really that valuable anymore. Should have got good at corner or pass rusher instead!
RBs still make a shitload of money... What the hell are you talking about?
[Reply]
limested 06:16 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
RBs still make a shitload of money... What the hell are you talking about?
Name a high paid RB that has had an impact in the super bowl the last five years.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up