ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2428 of 2693
« First < 1428192823282378241824242425242624272428 2429243024312432243824782528 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:39 AM 02-15-2023

Patrick Mahomes is so superstitious that he has worn the same pair of red underwear for every NFL game he had played.

�� https://t.co/4EbBpOY4zs pic.twitter.com/C47iN75c9D

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 15, 2023

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:00 AM 02-15-2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 02-15-2023
The interception figures may be what amaze me most about PM.

You've got a game manager like Young Brady out there throwing more picks than the 'reckless gunslinger' Mahomes.

I remember thinking that 16 interceptions/year would be fine for me because of what he'd bring to the table along with those picks. At this point I'd be surprised if he hits that figure a single time in his career. He's as likely as not to just hover in the 8-10 range from this point forward.

Damn he's good. Just so ridiculously good.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:09 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The interception figures may be what amaze me most about PM.

You've got a game manager like Young Brady out there throwing more picks than the 'reckless gunslinger' Mahomes.

I remember thinking that 16 interceptions/year would be fine for me because of what he'd bring to the table along with those picks. At this point I'd be surprised if he hits that figure a single time in his career. He's as likely as not to just hover in the 8-10 range from this point forward.

Damn he's good. Just so ridiculously good.
Yeah but what about that "should have been an INT" stat that people are always talking about?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
This game really cemented a concept in my mind.

There is zero doubt in my mind that Mahomes, Reid, and the best 52 guys you can field is a recipe for dynasty.

Anyone who wants to argue different is going to have a really hard time moving me off of that.

Just keep stacking good football players.
Cowherd has a '4 cornerstones' concept that I like. You need at least a B+ at 4 key areas and he can't think of a time since the 49ers in the 80s that any team has had an A+ at all 4 of them.

Owner
GM
Coach
Quarterback

Hard not to say that the Chiefs get an A+ in every spot, isn't it?

Owner: What more can you ask of Clark? He spends what it takes and stays out of the way. He's a polished professional who doesn't take the spotlight off his guys.

GM: Hard to argue with the resume. The 2022 draft sure seemed to clinch it.

Coach: One of the 2 best to ever do it.

Quarterback: Playing at the highest level anyone has ever played, already on the Mount Rushmore of quarterbacks a mere 5 seasons into his career.

The Chiefs get an A+ in all four of the cornerstones. They're set up to absolutely run this shit for a decade.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:10 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
My adopted son is on track to not only surpass Brady, but to blow him out of the fucking water.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:11 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah but what about that "should have been an INT" stat that people are always talking about?
And conversely the INT's that weren't his fault (i.e. the ball deflecting off of Tyreek's hands).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Of his 20 something picks over the last 2 seasons, would you say half of them have gone off someone's hands first? And we know at least 2 of them were a result of a rookie not running his route correctly. Are maaaaaybe a half dozen of them a result of him doing something crazy?

He just doesn't make mistakes. That was what pissed me off so much about listening to Shady McCoy prior to the SB. He's out there saying "You know Patrick will give you 2-3; you just need to make the play..."

The hell, you say.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Ten bucks says Mahomes' underwear shows up as a display item in Canton before Russell Wilson even gets one damn vote for induction
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:15 AM 02-15-2023
Of his 20 something picks over the last 2 seasons, would you say half of them have gone off someone's hands first? And we know at least 2 of them were a result of a rookie not running his route correctly. Are maaaaaybe a half dozen of them a result of him doing something crazy?

He just doesn't make mistakes. That was what pissed me off so much about listening to Shady McCoy prior to the SB. He's out there saying "You know Patrick will give you 2-3; you just need to make the play..."

The hell, you say.
I'm like you. It's crazy to me that he's thrown so few INTs in his career. I would have assumed that would be his achilles heel. Sure, he'd light shit up but he would have one or two plays a game where you threw up your hands and questioned what he was doing. That shit just doesn't happen often.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:18 AM 02-15-2023
Somebody made a good point and it was essentially that every time you saw the Eagles make a big play it was "Man, that was a GREAT play..."

Most of the times you saw the Chiefs make a big play it was "Man, that was a GREAT playcall..."

The Chiefs coaching staff just outdid the Eagles in a big way. Credit to the Eagles for playing their asses off and keeping it close. I really didn't think they had that kind of performance in them. They played some amazing football and for a long while it looked like their players ability to just keep grinding and make plays could be enough to carry them.

But I think if the Chiefs and Eagles play 10 times, the Chiefs win 8 of them and at least half of those are blowouts. That was a really well played game by Philly and it was just enough to lose.
Do you remember that game against the Panthers in 2021? We won 33-31 against a Panthers team that really wasn’t all that good.

But damn, did the Panthers ever bring it that day. Their receivers made circus catches, Bridgewater had the game of his life, McCaffrey went off, etc.

Chiefs had Mahomes on his A Game though. Close but not good enough for the Panthers.

This Eagles teams is worlds better than that Panthers team, but the game had a very similar feel. Hard to imagine the Panthers or Eagles offense playing much better than they did.

The other team has Mahomes though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Do you remember that game against the Panthers in 2021? We won 33-31 against a Panthers team that really wasn’t all that good.

But damn, did the Panthers ever bring it that day. Their receivers made circus catches, Bridgewater had the game of his life, McCaffrey went off, etc.

Chiefs had Mahomes on his A Game though. Close but not good enough for the Panthers.

This Eagles teams is worlds better than that Panthers team, but the game had a very similar feel. Hard to imagine the Panthers or Eagles offense playing much better than they did.

The other team has Mahomes though.
Falcons game a couple years back was similar. A bad team that absolutely played their asses off.

These guys are all NFL players. When they are locked in, they're hard to beat even if they're not a great team over a full season.

The Eagles didn't play a perfect game. I'm not even 100% convinced they played their best possible game. But if not, it was damn close to it. The Hurts fumble is about the only thing I can think of where they flat didn't execute.

The players have absolutely nothing to hang their heads over. The Eagles got beat on the sidelines.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:32 AM 02-15-2023

The hell, you say.
Has their been a saltier ex-KC player than Shady in the Reid era?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 AM 02-15-2023
Falcons game a couple years back was similar. A bad team that absolutely played their asses off.

These guys are all NFL players. When they are locked in, they're hard to beat even if they're not a great team over a full season.

The Eagles didn't play a perfect game. I'm not even 100% convinced they played their best possible game. But if not, it was damn close to it. The Hurts fumble is about the only thing I can think of where they flat didn't execute.

The players have absolutely nothing to hang their heads over. The Eagles got beat on the sidelines.
And then that DC who got beat on the sidelines waltzed into a HC job. Shit makes no sense. I can almost guarantee that he's going to be out of a job in 3 years.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Has their been a saltier ex-KC player than Shady in the Reid era?
Yup.

Orlando fucking Scandrick.

That guy was a monumental bitch after we let him go. Blamed everyone but him every time someone put a microphone in front of him.
[Reply]
Page 2428 of 2693
« First < 1428192823282378241824242425242624272428 2429243024312432243824782528 > Last »
Up