ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 349 of 383
« First < 249299339345346347348349 350351352353359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:33 PM 04-09-2022
'14 drinking nicely

[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:53 AM 04-10-2022
For some reason-this is trending on twitter

Billy Beer. Never had one but it survived 12 years in my dad’s fridge, consistently being passed over in favor of Stroh’s. Not sure when or how I came to possess it. �� pic.twitter.com/wYAir41rtn

— Matt Finish (@GMinimas) April 10, 2022

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:39 PM 04-14-2022
When all your glassware has been packed.

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:18 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
When all your glassware has been packed.
Do you need any help moving stuff in?

Unpacking?

...you know, unpacking certain things that need unpacking and maybe chilled for a bit...
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:40 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Do you need any help moving stuff in?

Unpacking?

...you know, unpacking certain things that need unpacking and maybe chilled for a bit...
This Mitsubishi SUV (literally the only SUV rental I could find available here in town) is filled to the gills with beer. My biggest fear right now is being carjacked on our way out of town or getting rear ended along the way haha.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:30 PM 04-14-2022
This Mitsubishi SUV (literally the only SUV rental I could find available here in town) is filled to the gills with beer. My biggest fear right now is being carjacked on our way out of town or getting rear ended along the way haha.
And hopefully a one-way rental like that wasn't a small fortune.... my dad and stepmom are retiring to Florida and were saying it'll cost $2k just for a UHaul and gas and it was like $4k for movers. :-) (granted, also half way across the country).

Phoenix might hit 100 for the first time this year early next week, so you're just in time. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:02 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
And hopefully a one-way rental like that wasn't a small fortune.... my dad and stepmom are retiring to Florida and were saying it'll cost $2k just for a UHaul and gas and it was like $4k for movers. :-) (granted, also half way across the country).

Phoenix might hit 100 for the first time this year early next week, so you're just in time. :-)
Yeah the move is a small fortune but due to my broken leg we sprung for a full service move. So they packed our entire house yesterday and will load it up today. Think we came in at just over 10K lbs. Plus they're transporting both our vehicles since I have an older Jeep and the wife a small sedan.

The rental wasn't too bad pricewise. Enterprise was around 3K for a week but I found a National for much less. The trade off was that its a very small National, like a one terminal satellite location downtown. Since I rented it through a vendor discount at work, I had to be present to rent. I can't drive yet, so the wife and I drove downtown to pick it up and planned to leave our car down there and she would Uber back for it later in the day. Of course there's no place to park downtown so I reserved a SpotHero space in a nearby parking garage for $17.

Then entire process of picking up the rental car took 2 hours. So typical moving day shitshow. But at least they had an SUV at a somewhat affordable price compared to others.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:40 AM 04-15-2022
I mean, as long as the beer makes it...

At least it didn't have to be an airport rental... I've tried to go out of my way to rent from other places (but often they're open like 3 hours a day and never when you're flying in) since they're so much cheaper.

I've only used movers once (company paid to move here, think it was $5k) and it was pretty great... they even packed most of my stuff due to insurance and didn't break anything.

Good luck and if you do need any help, let me know. I'll even bring a housewarming beer or two. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:07 PM 04-15-2022
Similar to a Bourbon County Stout

[Reply]
phisherman 07:36 PM 04-15-2022
Fremont's beers are great.

The owner of Alma Mader here in KC was the cellar man and blender of the barrel aged beers at Fremont for several years. His barrel aged beers are coming soon here....can't wait.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:42 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Fremont's beers are great.

The owner of Alma Mader here in KC was the cellar man and blender of the barrel aged beers at Fremont for several years. His barrel aged beers are coming soon here....can't wait.
They were on my list to try last time I was in KC, but nothing stuck out at the time... and I also kind of fell in love with Oak & Steel.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:21 PM 04-16-2022
Seriously on point... drinking a cinnamon roll.

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:13 PM 04-26-2022
One of my favorite IPAs and brewery spaces here in PHX.

The Shop Church Music

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:37 PM 05-08-2022
I'm likely to get super annoying with this buddha statue. We drunkenly joked with our realtor that we wanted it to stay with the new house. Turns out it weighs 1000 fucking pounds so we'd need a crane to remove it.

Anyway, here it is holding a Revolution VSOR b2 which is tasting great.

[Reply]
lewdog 05:02 PM 05-08-2022
I'm likely to get super annoying with this buddha statue. We drunkenly joked with our realtor that we wanted it to stay with the new house. Turns out it weighs 1000 fucking pounds so we'd need a crane to remove it.

Anyway, here it is holding a Revolution VSOR b2 which is tasting great.

That's fucking awesome.

:-)

We took a dip in the pool between games. No drinks for me on the sabbath though.
[Reply]
Page 349 of 383
« First < 249299339345346347348349 350351352353359 > Last »
Up