ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Katie Horner out at Channel 5
phisherman 09:23 AM 07-01-2011
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/01...channel-5.html

Katie Horner is leaving KCTV 5.

The local CBS affiliate gave no timetable for the longtime KC meteorolgist's departure in a press release e-mailed today, just that it would be later this year.

In the statement, KCTV general manager Bobby Totsch said, “We have spent a great deal of time talking about her future and right now she feels she needs some additional time with her young daughters. We discussed several options, but we simply couldn’t figure out a way to make it all work. I’m certain her career as a meteorologist is far from over, it may just be on hold for a bit.”

The statement said Horner had been part of the station and KCTV5 News for more than 17 years.

In the statement, Horner said, “I will miss the day to day excitement that comes with the job and the opportunity to inform our viewers,” said Horner in the released statement. “I believe all meteorologists play a role in keeping people feeling safe in severe weather conditions, and I know we have made that a focus at KCTV over the years. I have met and worked with a lot of great people in the KC area and I will still be happy to call KC my home. I will still be around, and hope to be involved with something that allows me to do what I enjoy and still do what is best for my girls. I just want to say thank you to all of the viewers who allowed me to come into their homes each night.”

Said KCTV News Director Blaise Labbe: “We are not going to let her leave just yet. Having Katie here a while longer will allow us some time to plan our future.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/01...#ixzz1QrqjwERe
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:10 AM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
was he banging her or something?
I think they were dating. Pinkel is divorced IIRC
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:44 AM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by frankotank:
>
Would.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:48 AM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
was he banging her or something?
Yeah. He was either leaving or going to Bogowith's place when Pinkel got that DWI. I think that's how his wife found out about the affair and they ended up getting the divorce because of it. Bogowith worked at KOMU based out of Columbia at the time. I think they (MU) had something to do w/ Bogowith getting the job here in KC because they wanted (or at least tried) to keep it all hush hush by getting her the F out of Columbia. Or at least I was told this.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06-06-2014, 11:49 AM
This message has been deleted by ptlyon. Reason: never mind
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 06-06-2014
I think Katie Horny is divorced too?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 11:59 AM 06-06-2014
i still want to do her.
[Reply]
Big Poppa Payne 12:06 PM 06-06-2014
Gary Pinkel reminds me of the coach from Blue Mountain State.
[Reply]
Mojo Jojo 02:34 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think Katie Horny is divorced too?
Posted via Mobile Device
She was married when she left 5. She met that husband while she was married to a guy that also worked at 5. So after leaving him for the new guy they still had to work together.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:36 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo:
So after leaving him for the new guy they still had to work together.
Ouch...
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:51 PM 06-06-2014
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246351
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:47 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246351
Thanks, I had forgotten about that thread and I created it.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:50 PM 06-06-2014
With all of KH's self-love and drama, I'll bet she can fuck her brains out and scream the whole time!
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:00 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo:
She was married when she left 5. She met that husband while she was married to a guy that also worked at 5. So after leaving him for the new guy they still had to work together.
Too funny. Same scenario down here. The anchor chick was married to the sports guy. Ends up messing around with the weather guy, divorces sports guy, marries weather guy. And now all THREEE are on air TOGETHER!
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:04 PM 06-06-2014
You wanna see a ridiculous hot weather girl - Google nbc chicago weather girl cheryl scott

[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 04:15 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
You wanna see a ridiculous hot weather girl - Google nbc chicago weather girl cheryl scott

I'm sure she got this gig solely on her weather knowledge.
[Reply]
TLO 04:49 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by frankotank:
>
I'd PIIHB. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up