ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 79
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Nixhex 06:56 AM 04-26-2024
Devonta Smith is 6 feet tall and 170. X is almost 6 feet tall and 165. Not worried. Dude is tough as nails. Let's go!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:56 AM 04-26-2024
I noticed this when I was watching his clips. The Texas QB has a weak arm.

Xavier Worthy led college football in "Wide open downfield and his QB couldn't get it there" plays.

That, uh, won't be a problem anymore.

— Chris Vannini (@ChrisVannini) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Rausch 07:00 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

You're not going to nail every pick, but some people act like the Chiefs have spent all this high value draft capital at WR and gotten nothing in return, when that is not reality.
We've been to 4 super bowls in six years. We're back to back defending champs.

That's Veach's job and he's done it better than everyone else in the NFL.

Win the super bowl. That's the goal. Win it all.

Fuck those draft picks...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:00 AM 04-26-2024
If you watch those videos posted in the OP and aren't excited, I don't know what to tell you.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:12 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
jesus christ :-)

Looks like we found our next corndog receiver when we inevitably use it on the way to many more rings.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:14 AM 04-26-2024
One of the PFF guys thinks he looks like Jordan Addison
[Reply]
O.city 07:15 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Sure, but having Mahomes isn't an excuse, or even worse, a reason, to have a bunch of scrubs at WR.

We have Hollywood, RR, and now Worthy. Everyone else is a JAG. Not just JAGs, but bottom barrel JAGs.

Eventually, I will find the podcast clip of Mahomes saying he has always wanted a jump ball receiver, and for me, we need a receiver that can't be taken out of the game easily with physical defensive play.

Sure, Worthy and Hollywood are fast, but let's be real, LJ Snead will maul them at the LOS, and they aren't nearly the receivers that Hill, Chase, Jefferson, etc. are, and Sneed shut them down by being physical.

This is one of the reasons I really want Brenden Rice. He is very big, very physical, and played with Caleb Williams.

Right now, the only player we have that has proven he can match physicality is Travis Kelce. Irv Smith Jr., Blake Bell, and Noah Gray aren't really physical at the point of the catch.
If you want a Hill or CHase or Jefferson, you either take them really high in the draft, you pay one alot after you trade for him, or you develop a guy into that.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:20 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
One of the PFF guys thinks he looks like Jordan Addison
Wouldn’t hate that.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:22 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you want a Hill or CHase or Jefferson, you either take them really high in the draft, you pay one alot after you trade for him, or you develop a guy into that.
Or, you don’t let Hill go.
[Reply]
Chieftain 07:24 AM 04-26-2024
Chris Clark, who is a good football mind, although boring to listen to, made a very good point in saying that he didn't think the Worthy pick was a reach from the sense that only 20 something players in the draft were true 1st rounders. But Worthy was a consensus 2nd rounder, top 10 in that round. He really likes the pick and he is normally very critical and logical with a lot of his takes.

And later listening to Andy's presser, it seems the niners were aiming to pick him at 31 so he felt Veach needed to make that jump. Then, Lynch panicked and drafted Pearsall instead.

If healthy, this kid can produce. He is obviously more talented than Hardman and seems intelligent to add to his athleticism.
But the thin frame is a big question mark.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:25 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
His route running and pure WR skills are better than Tyreek's were coming out.

Remember it took Tyreek a full year.
They should be better considering that he's a WR and Tyreek was a RB.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:25 AM 04-26-2024
I like it.

Speed kills. Just ask Henry Ruggs.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:28 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Sure, but having Mahomes isn't an excuse, or even worse, a reason, to have a bunch of scrubs at WR.

We have Hollywood, RR, and now Worthy. Everyone else is a JAG. Not just JAGs, but bottom barrel JAGs.

Eventually, I will find the podcast clip of Mahomes saying he has always wanted a jump ball receiver, and for me, we need a receiver that can't be taken out of the game easily with physical defensive play.

Sure, Worthy and Hollywood are fast, but let's be real, LJ Snead will maul them at the LOS, and they aren't nearly the receivers that Hill, Chase, Jefferson, etc. are, and Sneed shut them down by being physical.

This is one of the reasons I really want Brenden Rice. He is very big, very physical, and played with Caleb Williams.

Right now, the only player we have that has proven he can match physicality is Travis Kelce. Irv Smith Jr., Blake Bell, and Noah Gray aren't really physical at the point of the catch.
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to say "Other than three guys, the WR is trash" - especially when you have Travis Kelce at TE?

How deep do you think NFL WRs are? Other than the Green Bay Packers, who out there has depth beyond WR1-3 where you're really like "Ooooh, that guy is nasty?"
[Reply]
Rausch 07:30 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to say "Other than three guys, the WR is trash" - especially when you have Travis Kelce at TE?

How deep do you think NFL WRs are? Other than the Green Bay Packers, who out there has depth beyond WR1-3 where you're really like "Ooooh, that guy is nasty?"
They're also the same jags we won the super bowl with last year, so...
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04-26-2024, 07:31 AM
This message has been deleted by Mosbonian. Reason: Just dreaming
RedRaider56 07:34 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I noticed this when I was watching his clips. The Texas QB has a weak arm.

that's why all the Whoren fans are salivating over Arch Manning. They were not happy that Ewers came back
[Reply]
Page 28 of 79
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up