ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 319
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
A QB with great protection will get sacked 15-20 times and hit 50+ times in a season. It’s going to happen.

I’m convinced that’s why Andrew Luck retired. His last season, he was only sacked like 14 times and hit 40 times. And he still came away with an injury.
Yep.

The Packers have continuously invested in the offensive line and despite that, Rodgers has had 2 season-ending injuries in 8 years.

Injuries happen for a lot of reasons.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fixed
I don’t think he’s that bad as a spot starter at G. I really don’t. You’d just prefer the guys around him to be better than they were this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:57 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Fuck that. I'd rather watch a decrepit old sloth dying of mesothelioma and AIDS protect Mahomes.
Let's hope he's a backup next year.

I don't see any way he's off the team completely.

I wish I could say otherwise by realistically, he's a cheap RFA. He's going to be on the team and probably at least in consideration to start somewhere.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:12 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If Fisher comes back, then what do you do with Niang? Move him inside? What if he's playing well at RT?

I don't see them drafting a young LT prospect AND keeping Fisher but that's just me. I see that as an either/or situation.
If Fisher comes back and somehow we have two first year tackles playing so well that he can't unseat one of them, I would view that as a HUGE win.

This season has taught me that you cannot have too many good offensive tackles.

If somehow Fisher can't get into the starting lineup, then you move him in the offseason. Plenty of teams would be happy to take him if he's healthy.

I don't want to be in a situation again where we have embarassingly bad OT play in a play-off game or Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:13 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If Fisher comes back and somehow we have two first year tackles playing so well that he can't unseat one of them, I would view that as a HUGE win.

If somehow Fisher can't get into the starting lineup, then you move him in the offseason. Plenty of teams would be happy to take him if he's healthy.

I don't want to be in a situation again where we have embarassingly bad OT play in a play-off game or Super Bowl.
This is Fishers last year under contract.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:13 PM 02-11-2021
Let's hope he's a backup next year.

I don't see any way he's off the team completely.

I wish I could say otherwise by realistically, he's a cheap RFA. He's going to be on the team and probably at least in consideration to start somewhere.
I’m guessing the worst possible OL situation looks like this for week 1:

Journeyman FA Swing Tackle with hopes Fisher returns
Wylie
Allegretti
LDT
Niang

That basically assumes that we don’t make any significant move for a vet, we don’t draft anyone who’s ready to start, Schwartz is done, and Reiter leaves in FA.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:14 PM 02-11-2021
as it stands, but I doubt very seriously they don't extend/restructure as he'll be rehabbing at least half of the year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:14 PM 02-11-2021

How many teams have that kind of depth?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:15 PM 02-11-2021

You're both assuming they're going to ride out the last year of his contract at a $12M cap hit, which they absolutely could do but I just don't see it.

I think they're going to re-sign him with the idea that they get cap space now and will have him locked up once he's ready to come back.

I don't know, the whole situation sucks because they're basically in limbo for 9 months now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:15 PM 02-11-2021

Wylie
Allegretti
LDT
Niang

That basically assumes that we don’t make any significant move for a vet, we don’t draft anyone who’s ready to start, Schwartz is done, and Reiter leaves in FA.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:16 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How many teams have that kind of depth?
We could.

Would've come in handy this year, I'd say.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 PM 02-11-2021
as it stands, but I doubt very seriously they don't extend/restructure as he'll be rehabbing at least half of the year.
If they extend him, they won't be letting him go in a year. That would be cost prohibitive unless they structure it as a 1-year deal. Do you think Fisher would agree to that? I don't.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:18 PM 02-11-2021
We could.

Would've come in handy this year, I'd say.
That’s wishful thinking. Offensive line play is down and has been down over the last 5 years. Less practices in the offseason and the offenses that colleges run now. The Cowboys invested all of that capital into the offensive line and it didn’t get them shit. Plus they have Cam Erving on their roster.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 02-11-2021

Wylie
Allegretti
LDT
Niang

And even though that's worst case, it's certainly possible it could happen. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:19 PM 02-11-2021
You're both assuming they're going to ride out the last year of his contract at a $12M cap hit, which they absolutely could do but I just don't see it.

I think they're going to re-sign him with the idea that they get cap space now and will have him locked up once he's ready to come back.

I don't know, the whole situation sucks because they're basically in limbo for 9 months now.
I'm totally assuming they extend/restructure Fisher.

I still don't think we have money for a starting level LT free agent unless it's something like old man Peters, which I'm in favor of. I wouldn't expect HIM to make it through a full season at LT either, which is why I'm for drafting a potential LT pretty early.

I'm hedging my bets in case of more catastrophic injury problems moving forward. Giving Mahomes time is paramount.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 319
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Up