ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 72
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
alanm 03:28 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

Oh man.. EB. That's a death wish. That can't be his preference. :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:34 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
That won't be the reason. That's what the media will run with because their only good at sowing dissent. He won't get the job because some team went with the more qualified person. But you know the media will run with the race angle. :-)
So Joe Judge, a special teams coach with no OC or DC experience, was more "qualified" to be a HC than EB? And Zac Taylor wasn't even a OC and had no experiance running either side of the ball when he was hired whilst Lefluer had a poor year as Titans OC before being hired...but a Superbowl winning OC is less qualified than those guys were? Smh come forth with a better argument please..this one sucks.
[Reply]
alanm 03:57 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So Joe Judge, a special teams coach with no OC or DC experience, was more "qualified" to be a HC than EB? And Zac Taylor wasn't even a OC and had no experiance running either side of the ball when he was hired whilst Lefluer had a poor year as Titans OC before being hired...but a Superbowl winning OC is less qualified than those guys were? Smh come forth with a better argument please..this one sucks.
I hate to say this, but like real life the NFL is a lot of "It's not what you know, It's who you know." It's networking.. It's calling in favors just to get interviewed. It's a lot of the old boy network. It sucks. I really don't think anybody is passing on him because he's black.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:09 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
I hate to say this, but like real life the NFL is a lot of "It's not what you know, It's who you know." It's networking.. It's calling in favors just to get interviewed. It's a lot of the old boy network. It sucks. I really don't think anybody is passing on him because he's black.
So white owners are hiring white coaches who have way less experience and success than EB...but it would have nothing to do with his race if he doesn't get hired? Nope...not buying it buddy. First year EB was part of one of the best offenses in NFL HISTORY, Second year he wins a superbowl and this year his offense is one of the best again with a 14-1 record. That's what he's done thus far not to mention he's also been a coach under Andy for several years too. Several other coaches who have been under Andy and had less success than EB have gone on to become good OC's...Harbour, Nagy, Pederson, Rivera, Mcdermot etc. So what is the excuse? The only difference is race.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:33 AM 01-09-2021

Fauria says Eric Bienemy will be the next HC of the New York Jets

— Billy M (@BillyM_91) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
notorious 06:47 AM 01-09-2021
Prayers sent.

Seriously, New York isn’t that horrible. They have some pieces on defense.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:04 AM 01-09-2021
If Bienemy takes the Jets job it's proof that he probably wasn't all that important to the Chiefs. No one with judgement that poor would be crucial to the success of a good football team.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:47 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Prayers sent.

Seriously, New York isn’t that horrible. They have some pieces on defense.
Also some pieces on offense and a good GM. Can't be understated how bad Adam gase was Joe Douglas is also a sound GM. An insane amount of cap space and great draft slot. It's a matter of how much ownership will interfere.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:50 AM 01-09-2021
Watson can handle the Bob fiasco, he is equipped/ has training for New York. Get it done EB!
[Reply]
Coogs 07:53 AM 01-09-2021
Watson wanted EB. So if EB goes to the Jets. What if the Jets flipped their #2 overall pick, Darnold, and maybe one of their 3rd round picks to the Texans for Watson?

Jets would still have a normal draft, and tons of cap space to make a roster.

Jets also have an extra #1 next year. They could make that deal happen if they wanted to.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:54 AM 01-09-2021
Wherever bieniemy goes the big question is what he plans to do on offense. Pederson and Nagy got more control than they probably should have in running the offense. I could see bieniemy delegating.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:58 AM 01-09-2021
If he goes to the Jets I bet they take Mormon Mahomes at #2
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:59 AM 01-09-2021
Saw a report that Saleh didn't interview well in Detroit.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:07 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Watson wanted EB. So if EB goes to the Jets. What if the Jets flipped their #2 overall pick, Darnold, and maybe one of their 3rd round picks to the Texans for Watson?

Jets would still have a normal draft, and tons of cap space to make a roster.

Jets also have an extra #1 next year. They could make that deal happen if they wanted to.
I dont think that would be enough compensation for Watson.

Also, I don't know what kind of dead cap hit they'd have to take by trading Watson with the new deal he just signed. Overthecap says it would be 21 mil the texans would eat by trading him before June 1st.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:10 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I dont think that would be enough compensation for Watson.

Also, I don't know what kind of dead cap hit they'd have to take by trading Watson with the new deal he just signed. Overthecap says it would be 21 mil the texans would eat by trading him before June 1st.
Two 1st (one the overall #2). One 3rd (this year). And a starting QB. If that is not enough, it's at least a good starting point.

The Jets still have another 1st this year and another 1st next year to bargain with as well.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 72
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up