ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 430 of 2694
« First < 330380420426427428429430 4314324334344404805309301430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 12:27 PM 08-14-2017
where how can I watch every single one of his throws from the 9ers game?
[Reply]
Frosty 12:30 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
From what I've read about Patrick he's got plenty of arm strength and loves to sling it but he does have weaknesses he needs to work on like any rookie. One of his weaknesses was listed as 'Needs better touch on intermediate and deep balls.' So we will see. It is something to keep an eye on.
It was underthrown because he had to throw it over the top of the RT who was being walked back into Mahomes' face.

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:30 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvide...eseason-Week-1
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 12:35 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
just watched it on nfl.com

boner
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:40 PM 08-14-2017
Meh. Maybe it's just the gap between the end of last season and now, but it doesn't seem like the vanilla preseason offense looked demonstratively less complex than the actual regular season offense.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:21 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frosty:
It was underthrown because he had to throw it over the top of the RT who was being walked back into Mahomes' face.

Yep, this was a rookie mistake- instead of making a big completion on a ball he had to under throw because of the pressure- PM2 should have played it like Alex would have. He should have pumped faked, tucked the ball and ran for the sideline.

We can't have this rookie making completions for big yards unless the passes are absolutely perfect.
:-)
[Reply]
penbrook 01:26 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep, this was a rookie mistake- instead of making a big completion on a ball he had to under throw because of the pressure- PM2 should have played it like Alex would have. He should have pumped faked, tucked the ball and ran for the sideline.

We can't have this rookie making completions for big yards unless the passes are absolutely perfect. :-)
If he stepped up in the pocket he could of thrown it in the end zone for a Td
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:29 PM 08-14-2017

We can't have this rookie making completions for big yards unless the passes are absolutely perfect. :-)
He did not have to under throw. If you guys think Mahomes is going to have a perfect pocket every time he throws the ball you are crazy.

He is going to have to learn to make throws when everything isn't perfect. Sad I know but it is reality..
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:43 PM 08-14-2017

He should have shit himself and went fetal.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:48 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
He should have shit himself and went fetal.
That's what Bray did when he got sacked by a invisible hand near the end zone
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:51 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He did not have to under throw. If you guys think Mahomes is going to have a perfect pocket every time he throws the ball you are crazy.

He is going to have to learn to make throws when everything isn't perfect. Sad I know but it is reality..
And we could say the same thing about Alex at least 5 times a game. It is ridiculous you guys are being This critical on a rookie QB throwing his First NFL pass- that was a Completion. :-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:57 PM 08-14-2017
And we could say the same thing about Alex at least 5 times a game. It is ridiculous you guys are being This critical on a rookie QB throwing his First NFL pass- that was a Completion. :-)
It's expected from the old school crowd. Mahomes threatens decades of non existent playoff results.

Change is hard for some to accept...
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:05 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
It's expected from the old school crowd. Mahomes threatens decades of non existent playoff results.

I guess it was not good enough he put up better stats than the other QB's on the roster in his First start. Plus threw the only TD of the night.

Now it's- well he should have stepped around the O linemen getting shoved in his face- and his TD "Could" have been intercepted.

We are seeing a different standard than what Alex has been judged by.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:06 PM 08-14-2017
I guess it was not good enough he put up better stats than the other QB's on the roster in his First start. Plus threw the only TD of the night.

Now it's- well he should have stepped around the O linemen getting shoved in his face- and his TD "Could" have been intercepted.

We are seeing a different standard than what Alex has been judged by.
It's only going to get worse as the season goes along.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:10 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:

I'm rooting for Mahomes as much as anyone but if you expect me to not say it is an underthrown ball when it clearly is because I'm a Chiefs fan. Sorry I'm not your guy.

That said I thought he did OK overall and I hope he continues to improve. I'm rooting for the guy as much as anyone on this board.
[Reply]
Page 430 of 2694
« First < 330380420426427428429430 4314324334344404805309301430 > Last »
Up