ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 64
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:26 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
That MVP is going to feel pretty hollow when you are hanging around Vegas after doing the Pro Bowl skills challenges instead of preparing for the Super Bowl and knowing you got totally outplayed in the big moments.
It's why there is no point in caring about who wins these regular season awards at any point. The voters are just looking for any reason not to give it to Mahomes every season. Same thing happened to LeBron halfway through his career in the NBA.

None of it changes who the best player in football is.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:29 PM 01-28-2024
He made one pass and one that was incomplete that I said... that was a nice throw. A lot of rainbows and wide open throws.

My standards might be a bit high though when Mahomes is throwing guys open and doing back hip throws and shit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:29 PM 01-28-2024
I honestly think his pants shitting comes down to his lack of intelligence.

Dude did a 13 on the wonderlic. You don’t need to know linear algebra to be a QB, but you need to be a self-learner and intelligent human capable of thinking quick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:29 PM 01-28-2024
That MVP is going to feel pretty hollow when you are hanging around Vegas after doing the Pro Bowl skills challenges instead of preparing for the Super Bowl and knowing you got totally outplayed in the big moments.
If he's smart he'll skip the skills challenges.

And Ravens fans tell me he's a savant.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:29 PM 01-28-2024
MVP MY ASS 2-4 in the playoffs?
[Reply]
Hayneplane 06:31 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's why there is no point in caring about who wins these regular season awards at any point. The voters are just looking for any reason not to give it to Mahomes every season. Same thing happened to LeBron halfway through his career in the NBA.

None of it changes who the best player in football is.
Great point. MVP is a narrative award as much as it is about the stats and the big plays.

No QB deserves to win it this year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:32 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If he's smart he'll skip the skills challenges.

And Ravens fans tell me he's a savant.
Maybe he’ll have a MENSA meeting to attend instead
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:33 PM 01-28-2024
Great point. MVP is a narrative award as much as it is about the stats and the big plays.

No QB deserves to win it this year.
If Mahomes or Allen weren't gonna win it (both had down seasons but their teams would be bad without them), Tyreek should probably have won it. Miami is nothing without him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:33 PM 01-28-2024
The skills competition should be the Wonderlic this year
[Reply]
DRM08 06:35 PM 01-28-2024
If Mahomes or Allen weren't gonna win it (both had down seasons but their teams would be bad without them), Tyreek should probably have won it. Miami is nothing without him.
TJ Watt has a legit argument for MVP. Steelers lose 90% of their games when he’s gone with injury. That’s an insane statistic.
[Reply]
UteChief 06:37 PM 01-28-2024
What about McCaffrey?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:41 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I honestly think his pants shitting comes down to his lack of intelligence.

Dude did a 13 on the wonderlic. You don’t need to know linear algebra to be a QB, but you need to be a self-learner and intelligent human capable of thinking quick.
Idk if you can point to the Wonderlic. Dan Marino only scored a 16 and he was a dawg.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:43 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by UteChief:
What about McCaffrey?
I thought about him immediately after I made that post. Still think it is Tyreek though from non QBs.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:58 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Idk if you can point to the Wonderlic. Dan Marino only scored a 16 and he was a dawg.

Another douche with an MVP and no championships.

You would’ve been better off with Brett Favre but I’m pretty sure he cracked the 20s
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:00 PM 01-28-2024
Alright, I’m not going to tolerate any Dan Marino slander.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 64
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up