Page 118 of 298
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
You're thinking like a fan and that doesn't work in this scenario. Again, this team is 5-1 on its way to win the division again. As much as you and I want it now, now, NOW; it's not going to happen.

If you can't see that stability and support of personnel in the face of adversity( never mind fielding a team at 5-1 )is a Hunt/Chiefs trademark, then I don't know what to tell you.
Again, it's not my choice. I'd fire Sutton tomorrow morning. Hell, I would have fired him at the end of last season based on his perpetual downhill slide.
But Clarky-poo don't work like that.
Oh I agree with you that firing him now would be very un-Clark like. But I don't think it would be viewed league-wide the way you do. I think everybody sees a Super Bowl-ready team that really has only one weakness.

I agree with you that it won't happen. But I don't agree that it would be a bad idea. Other executives and potential coaching candidates around the league are going to see it the same way we do. The guy has had 5 years of chances, including 2 disastrous playoff collapses. Firing him midseason doesn't say "instability" it says "we don't want to miss our chance to win".
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:37 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Bob's ideal replacement has been identified.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:41 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Oh I agree with you that firing him now would be very un-Clark like. But I don't think it would be viewed league-wide the way you do. I think everybody sees a Super Bowl-ready team that really has only one weakness.

I agree with you that it won't happen. But I don't agree that it would be a bad idea. Other executives and potential coaching candidates around the league are going to see it the same way we do. The guy has had 5 years of chances, including 2 disastrous playoff collapses. Firing him midseason doesn't say "instability" it says "we don't want to miss our chance to win".
Well, when you put it like that...

[Reply]
ping2000 10:41 PM 10-16-2018
He's dead, so yes, a definite upgrade over Sutton.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:39 AM 10-17-2018
Bob Ross as the defensive coordinator:

Well, we're just going to attack this happy little offense.

We don't make mistakes in coverage, we just have happy accidents.

Let's beat the devil out of that quarterback.

*Vigorously beats playcalling sheet on the water cooler* I like violence.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:47 AM 10-17-2018
So much stupid in this thread.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:54 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I understand those that are saying 20% of our salary cap is standing on the sidelines in street clothes (Houston and Berry) and you can't reasonably expect Grandpa Bob to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit. But Veach spent most of our draft on defense, and we brought in two linebackers -Ragland and Hitchins- and traded Alex for Fuller, and brought in two run stopping DLs -one free agent and one draft pick- and this defense is actually WORSE than our defense from last year. It's amazing to me how people have just shined off the home playoff loss to Tennessee last year which was a total defensive collapse, plus the collapse against the Colts in the playoff game at Indy. Who was coaching both of those teams? Andy and Grandpa Bob. You have to adapt your tactics to your healthy personnel. Other teams do it, Grandpa Bob seems to be clueless. Nobody expects them to be the 85 Bears, but being the absolute worst defense on surrendered yardage in NFL history??? Guys like Chris Jones and Dee Ford should be totally embarrassed by that. They're both high draft picks, and they're big parts of the weakest, softest, easiest to run AND pass against defense in NFL history. Somebody needs to get pissed and start making some tackles.
The LBs and DBs are hot garbage. Fuller and Scandrick are both slot corners; we have no one to play safety, OLB, or outside CB.

Veach spent all those picks on defense...just to resign guys like Parker and Zombo as soon as they became available. Which says a LOT about Veach's (lack of) ability to draft defenders...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:10 AM 10-17-2018
Yeah, let's blame Veach because Sutton won't use his rookies. Speaks and Watts aren't that bad when they actually get on the field and Nnadi is quite good.
[Reply]
ILChief 05:29 AM 10-17-2018

[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:34 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bob Ross as the defensive coordinator:

Well, we're just going to attack this happy little offense.

We don't make mistakes in coverage, we just have happy accidents.

Let's beat the devil out of that quarterback.

*Vigorously beats playcalling sheet on the water cooler* I like violence.

:-)

"in your little world, you can place the happy little Line Backer anywhere you want"

Damn, now that I think about it....I really miss Ross....he was actually quite calming to watch.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:59 AM 10-17-2018
Except the weakness is half the team :-) :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:22 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
The LBs and DBs are hot garbage. Fuller and Scandrick are both slot corners; we have no one to play safety, OLB, or outside CB.

Veach spent all those picks on defense...just to resign guys like Parker and Zombo as soon as they became available. Which says a LOT about Veach's (lack of) ability to draft defenders...
Don't say that. Superturle is going to have a heart attack because you haven't blamed 99.9% of our Ds problems on Sutton.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:36 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Don't say that. Superturle is going to have a heart attack because you haven't blamed 99.9% of our Ds problems on Sutton.
2 players that were good last year got put into this system and regressed to a horrific degree. The current track we're on as a defense is completely unacceptable and blame goes to every single person involved, players and staff. Bottom line is these players cannot run the scheme as it currently is. There has been hesitation and blown assignments throughout the defense during every game this year. If Sutton wants to sit back and run his scheme no matter what, talent be damned, then he's going to lose his job after the year.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:19 AM 10-17-2018
And if we go with a balls to the wall style D (for a game or two), I'd like to see the D line be asked to "lobby strongly" for holding calls too. I don't think once or twice will get the attention of an NFL official, but having somebody, on SNF, visually lobbying the officials for calls will, maybe, draw the official's eyes to their plight.

Perhaps Grandpa might want to show some support for his players on the line by getting in the face of an official. Andy too. If Andy is respected in the league, he ought to be able to get in an official's face not unlike Brady does. And all of out D line should feel free to lobby for a call, just like other team's WRs do on most pass plays.

It's the game within the game that we all too often choose not to play.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:56 AM 10-17-2018
ouch

[Reply]
Page 118 of 298
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Up