ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 248 of 332
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:55 AM 11-04-2019
REALLY bad look for Vince to have been the first to leave, regardless if he knew already that the talent was being grounded or not.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:34 PM 11-07-2019
And still no one knows at this point...

Also probably time to admit that this isn't a WWE problem it's a wrestling problem, there just aren't that many fans these days..

So no one wants to talk about how half the building was tarped off for last night's #AEWDynamite. If this was a WWE show it would have been all over every website. pic.twitter.com/qc3NvJMfI4

— Tim Jarrell of PWUnlimited (@TimmyBuddy) November 7, 2019

No one going to AEW shows either.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:33 PM 11-07-2019
That was the smallest crowd they had, was kind of know...Meltzer was talking about it on WOR this morning.

Shit there are so many options to stream and consume wrestling, it's no surprise no one goes to live events any more.
[Reply]
TLO 04:35 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Also probably time to admit that this isn't a WWE problem it's a wrestling problem, there just aren't that many fans these days..

Ouch
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:02 PM 11-07-2019

NXT and AEW combined don't get the viewership of TNA 10 years ago.

Most former wrestling fans (like me) don't watch this stupid shit and haven't for over a decade. Too much winking at the camera, too much obvious cooperation, too much no selling, too many big moves that mean nothing, and the goddamn promos are WAY too long far too often.

It can't even present an ILLUSION of competitiveness anymore. It's a cottage industry and most of the audience are just old guys who are hyper obsessed about 'workrate' and 'mic skills' and judging the product like a ****ing broadway musical. Barely any women or young fans compared to 30 years ago to boot. A LOT of 50 year old dudes though...

Back in the 90's when I was a teenI attended parties with some friends where we'd all watch Monday Nitro every week. Party was hosted by a girl and her mom. Only myself and one other guy watched with them. We'd get into the show and cheer for our favorites. NOw it's just a bunch of middle age dudes sitting back judging the product. It's not fun anymore. It's just become something people watch to complain about.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:19 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

Most former wrestling fans (like me) don't watch this stupid shit and haven't for over a decade. Too much winking at the camera, too much obvious cooperation, too much no selling, too many big moves that mean nothing, and the goddamn promos are WAY too long far too often.

It can't even present an ILLUSION of competitiveness anymore. It's a cottage industry and most of the audience are just old guys who are hyper obsessed about 'workrate' and 'mic skills' and judging the product like a ****ing broadway musical. Barely any women or young fans compared to 30 years ago to boot. A LOT of 50 year old dudes though...

Back in the 90's when I was a teenI attended parties with some friends where we'd all watch Monday Nitro every week. Party was hosted by a girl and her mom. Only myself and one other guy watched with them. We'd get into the show and cheer for our favorites. NOw it's just a bunch of middle age dudes sitting back judging the product. It's not fun anymore. It's just become something people watch to complain about.
Just for the other side of the coin....guys my age...60 and older...don't watch wrestling anymore because there is nothing entertaining about it. The storylines are crap....and having wrestlers come and go (Cena, Rock, Lesner, etc) leaves no one to either learn to despise or go fanboy on. And now everyone wants to make themselves popular by going off script.

And WWE seems to regale in screwing a good thing up. And honestly they have such weird angles...

How much must we have to put up with seeing a "Corporate " persona be involved in being the Evil Empire.....it is old and way overdone.

There is so much about the wrestling world that turns off people....
[Reply]
Mecca 06:38 PM 11-07-2019
The sad thing is from a ring stand point the talent has never been better. The characters are just not good so no one cares to be invested.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:19 PM 11-07-2019
WWE hasn't ever really recovered from that period of incessantly shoving Reigns down peoples throats.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:40 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

All your reasons are exactly why I love New Japan and it's the company I watch religiously and really follow.

I get what you're saying...
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:22 PM 11-07-2019
The sad thing is from a ring stand point the talent has never been better. The characters are just not good so no one cares to be invested.
The problem too...they seem to be trying to recreate the Attitude Era but are failing miserably. I agree the talent is there but the angles are horrible.

Bray Wyatt character....just stupid.

Too many old guys who need to hang it up and let younger guys have a chance (See Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Daniel Bryan, Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, etc)

Non interesting characters....(Andrade, Ali, Bo Dallas, Ricochet, Nikki Cross, )

Retreads.....(Eric Young, Dolph Ziggler, Bobby Roode, Erick Rowan, the OC, the Hardy's, )

Bad characters with weird storylines....(Lana, Rusev and Lashley- R-Truth, Carmella, Drake Maverick and Mike and Maria Kanellis)

I could go on.....
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:11 PM 11-07-2019
You didn't see cody promo I'll bet it wasn't too long and it hit the nerves in the right places. Also dynamite and aew dark are hella entertaining. Nxt is also good but i watch aew live cause i want vince to start working. Give me a reason to watch raw and smackdown. Also aew women division is really good. Only because wwe keep pushing fire and desire. Lana and carmella. I want wwe 4 horsewoman vs mma 4 horsewoman. I want the o.c. with finn balor running wwe like they did in new japan. I want riddle vs. Bork laser.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:44 PM 11-07-2019

That's a big deal for AEW. While Vince has fuck you money with his TV deal, AEW makes nothing off theirs so mostly empty crowd probably means that shows a loss.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:48 PM 11-09-2019
Moxley Omega that shit was fucking insane!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:06 AM 11-10-2019
That was one of the best matches I have ever witnessed
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:54 AM 11-13-2019
CM PUNK IS BACK IN WWE!!!!....... on their lame ass late night talk show on FS1.
[Reply]
Page 248 of 332
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258298 > Last »
Up