ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Cutting Cable.
Dunit35 01:17 PM 12-19-2018
I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Now I just have to figure out what Roku devices I need. It seems that the 2.4Ghz band is so cluttered in my area that I want to try to avoid that. But I only want to spend as little as possible (duh). I have a main living room smart TV but it does not have Youtube tv. I have one in my bedroom that is not a smart tv but has a firestick. Again, no youtube tv on that stick. And then one for my daughter's tv. Any suggestions?

Here is what I'm looking at currently:
1 of these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...VY0JGHJA&psc=1

and 2 of these
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...VY0JGHJA&psc=1
Have you tested 5Ghz to make sure you have adequate signal everywhere you need it? 2.4Ghz is crowded by has a much farther effective range.

If 5Ghz works in all of the locations you need, you want to use it for sure.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:36 PM 02-19-2019
I have decided to cut the cord. Does anyone have Fubo TV?
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:38 PM 02-19-2019
I cut the cord today. DTV couldn’t come close to matching Hulu Live TV $45/month. Our DTV bill was going to be $99/month. Not worth it for the 15-20 channels we do watch.

We still have DTV until March 1st, then I’ll make the switch to Hulu.

I sure hope Reddit shows a lot of the Royals games (in KC broadcast) or I’m going to have to go back to DTV.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:07 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The satellite companies are now every bit as bad as the cable companies.
thats because 5 companies own 80% of everything in the entertainment field.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:19 PM 02-19-2019
The satellite companies are now every bit as bad as the cable companies.
generally no contracts with cable companies. some instances there are. but not like with dish/dirct.........
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:12 AM 02-20-2019
Dunit look at mlb tv it a good deal i was smart enough to get a deal where i could get just the royals games for 21 dollar last year and pay 21 dollars this year. So my days off work and west coast night game swing will be me watching the royals.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:20 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I sure hope Reddit shows a lot of the Royals games (in KC broadcast) or I’m going to have to go back to DTV.
reddit.com/r/mlbstreams will have all your games. I watched most every Braves game last season with no issues.
[Reply]
Dunit35 01:11 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
reddit.com/r/mlbstreams will have all your games. I watched most every Braves game last season with no issues.
That’s what I’m rolling with.

I can’t get mlbtv. We are considered in their region so it’s blacked out. Makes no sense.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:04 AM 02-22-2019
Have you tested 5Ghz to make sure you have adequate signal everywhere you need it? 2.4Ghz is crowded by has a much farther effective range.

If 5Ghz works in all of the locations you need, you want to use it for sure.
Yes, 5Ghz works fine everywhere in my house. My 3 Rokus are working well. Also, I realize now that I don't need that Amazon Firestick that I just bought last November or December. I have a 4th TV (spare room/man room/music room) but I can get all the apps I need on my Xbox One that is connected to that tv.

One other thing that I found and just started a trial on yesterday is Philo tv. It is $16/mo. and gives me those other channels such as Food Network, ID, Science, AXS, and several others.

So right now I'm just rolling with Youtube tv and Philo tv. That's $56 total plus tax. Not bad. I get pretty much all of the channels I wanted except NFL Network. But I can still catch all the Chiefs games that are on that so I'm fine with that.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:18 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I have decided to cut the cord. Does anyone have Fubo TV?
I looked at that one. It seems that service is geared toward sports programming, amongst other things. The problem is that they charge an additional $10/mo. for DVR. Only 2 devices are allowed to stream at the same time unless you add the Family Share for $6/mo, then you can do 3 at a time.

Edit: It seems that you get 30 hours cloud DVR with any basic package. You have to pay $10/mo. for 500 hours cloud DVR.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:33 AM 02-22-2019
https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/336650...aming-services
[Reply]
007 11:15 PM 02-22-2019
Antenna, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime are all I really need. Tubi has had a few decent surprises for a free service.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:36 AM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Antenna, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime are all I really need. Tubi has had a few decent surprises for a free service.
Understand that. Only problem with antenna for us is that there will be no DVR for locals. We watch a few shows on the major networks but not always able to watch at broadcast time.
[Reply]
Fish 11:49 AM 02-23-2019
Understand that. Only problem with antenna for us is that there will be no DVR for locals. We watch a few shows on the major networks but not always able to watch at broadcast time.
Technically, you could get a device like HDHomerun, which connects to the antenna and provides a network-based DVR for over the air programming like that. It's not anywhere close to being as easy and intuitive as YoutubeTV makes it. But it works.
[Reply]
007 02:09 PM 02-23-2019
TiVo makes an antenna friendly DVR. That's what we use and love it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up